the Rift

Pearl of light | mesir, jaydan

Cassiopeia Posts: 171
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 hands :: 8 years old
Phantom

image by Joel Olives @ flickr.com</style>

Amber sands squelched beneath dished hooves as a silvern apparition moved with ease across an endless plane of gold, svelte limbs conducting a gentle cadence with each strum and thrumming impact. The delicate plumes of her wings were unfurled at her sides, the wind whispering softly against their downy contours. Diligent, cyan eyes gazed out at the horizon; a distant expression, her eyes glazed over with a film indicative of meaningful thoughtfulness. Beads of sunlight played across her svelte figure, illuminating the fine groves of her muscles as they pulled taut beneath her skin.

As the sun sank beneath the horizon it bent the softened sky into an array of pearlescent colors, each blending concertedly into the next. The roan mistress curved her body abruptly to the right, her wings accruing an otiose position as her hooves skid across the granular spray - even now she is graceful, as she veers toward the sea's pattering mist, halting on impulse to catch her gradually heightening breath. There is no denying the beauty of this land - her beloved home - especially then as she embraced the flickering breath of the sun, its terminal light nearly gasping as it crept further downward.

A serene silence settled over the shore, a tranquil appeasement likewise settling over Cassiopeia's psyche. Soon enough, twilight would transcend across Helovia.

Cassiopeia</style>

Let it break upon you, like a wave on the sand.

</style>

Mesir Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

I swish my svelte body along the sand which matches my color, approaching the ocean that reflects my eyes. As sparkling and lovely as the ocean is, today is not one for a splash. I feel a serious mood upon me, oddly not wanting to play: in the water or with others. I am simply humble the presence of the bright sun, calm from the repetitive slap of the waves against the shore, and quiet from my solitude. I enjoy walking alone in my favorite place; these sands crunching and the open sun hot on my pelt. I am happy as I walk by my lonesome across the sandy oasis I love so much. I lower myself to the sand and lie on my side, relishing in the hot grains. Warmth floods me and my magic extends to the rays of the sun, pulling the energy from them and transferring them to my body. Invigorated from my tired state by the gift of the sun, I stand and flounce towards the water. The spray covers my coat and I giggle slightly, splashing the water with my tail.

The sparkling drops fly up and land on my nose and I shake my head at the ticklish feeling. Suddenly a dark form catches my eye, standing just on the shore. I turn swiftly and stare at the dark pegasus mare, admiring the landscape. I snort, my good mood dissipating at I look at her dark coat. Disgust bubbles in my chest and I turn to rush back onto the sand, when something makes me stop and look at her again. She looks serene, not at all bothered by the scorching heat that others frequently complain of. This intrigues me, and regardless of her coat color, I hesitantly trot out of the water and step closer to her, just in her line of sight. I am still not as close to her as I would be a friend, but curiosity overwhelms me. It is difficult to find others who do not disparage the God of the Sun, the god who I turned to when I thought all was lost. He is a helpful god, though with a temper, and no one could seem to see that. I wonder about this mare, if maybe she could accept the blessing of eternal Tallsun. Suddenly her dark coat does not quite seem to matter, and I step the smallest bit closer, a questioning slight smile on my face, still wary of her but intrigued nonetheless.

Jaydan Posts: N/A
Unregistered

Blue eyes scour the sky line, looking for the twinkle of the first star.
Wish I may, wish I might, first star I see tonight...

A smile drifts like a lazy cloud across a morose sky that is his face when he finally sees the sparkle. "There" he breathes, shutting his eyes and wishing, wishing, wishing.

Eyelashes flutter and the world rushes back to him. The Moon is chasing the Sun once more - an eternal task. Not for the first time, Jaydan realizes the world moves on. What was it his guardian always told him?
"We are but dust caught in a storm. Do not despair, this is how mountains are formed."

Insignificant, yet, worthwhile. It hurt his mind to consider it even now.

Sighing at the impossibility of it all Jaydan moves forward. Sand flicks up with every step, tousling in his fetlocks and at times pelting his stomach. His wings seem to flex of their own accord, silently asking if he'd prefer the cleanliness of the sky. He normally would, but recent conversations with Cysaro have reminded the warrior that he must have strength in body and mind. His body had been lacking in that department lately.

Recently bathed, the foul stink of self-pity and wallowing finally cleansed from him, Jaydan intends to trek his patrol route tonight on hoof. It will do good to strengthen his legs and tire him to exhaustion, or so he hopes. It is in this wayward manner that he comes across the pair. From a distance he cannot name them and continues forward, only half observant at any rate, his mind too convoluted by memories and dreams - should there be a trespasser they'd likely sneak right past him. Thusly, Jaydan doesn't realize who he comes upon until he is there and it's too late to turn back.

When he comes out of his reverie he can only see her. "H-hello" he stammers, standing suddenly tall and rigid, head flinging up in surprise or as if he'd struck a barrier upon nearing her. The roan, how his eyes widen and glue themselves upon her. Behind his sight her screams drown his ears and his wings twitch as if feeling the ache of her broken, fragile appendage. Jaydan's legs wobble and he can no longer take it. Weakly, he rips his gaze away, head turning against his shoulder. The movement sends his pendant pinging against his horn while his sides heave in an attempt to breath. Internally, he is falling all over again.

Hidden Account
Phantom

For a long time the roan mistress gazed out at the thrashing tides, her legs furled beneath her and silvern plumes lightly caressing aureate grains, suspended at her sides. The timeless voice of the roaring waves remained as the exclusive sound to permeate the silence, a soothing, ceremonious rhapsody of boundlessness and beauty.

It was then that the mahogany figure of another entered her peripheral vision, and as was habit an amiable expression seized the dark panes of her face - although void of a smile, there was no trace of hostility painted upon any angle of her anatomy. She remained still, offering the stranger a couth salutation. "Greetings," She raised her body gracefully from the cooling sand, feathered appendages held at half-mast upon the slope of her back as she regarded this strange mare with inquisitiveness, yet also geniality. "I am called Cassiopeia, an Oracle. I don't believe we've met."

It was then that another approached, though he was far more familiar than the previous arrival. She was caught off guard by the sight of him, their inaugural greeting having ended on a sour note. She was reminded of the pain; the fear; the helpless sensation of falling. For a moment, it would appear as though she was caught in a daze. For what seemed like an eternity to the celestial dame, the instant, in reality, slunk by rather swiftly.

She collected her poise, the crevice of her lips revealing concisely the chasmal cavity within. Blinking her cyan eyes slowly, she allowed a gust of wind to elude the prison of her lungs, as the breath had been held between the two organs for a longer time than was probably necessary. "Jaydan," She uttered, the word flowing forth fluently and with a surprising, cordial ease. It was then that she allowed a smile - laden in tiny shards of regret, but most prominently bespangled with an abundance of forgiveness and benignity - to bloom along the wrinkled contours of her kissers.

What had happened was done and Jaydan could hardly be held accountable for it - perhaps he already felt the same. Onni had healed her injuries well enough, and it would be awfully primitive of the dame if she were to dwell on things that were out of her control. It had certainly been a startling coincidence to say the very least. "How has life been treating you, pale knight?" She had forgiven the gelding, of course, but did he even really yearn for or need her forgiveness? Regardless, she intended to diffuse such an essence toward him so he might be certain either way.

Cassiopeia</style>

</style>

Mesir Posts: N/A
Unregistered

I snort haughtily at the mare’s sweet introduction. She thinks I want to meet the likes of her? And the stallion who joins her—Jaydan, she calls him—has the silliest tail I have seen in my time. Bare besides the few feathers that bunch and fan out at the end and a few strewn at the upper part near his rear. I look upon both of them, the dark-coated mare, Cassiopeia, and the silly bird-like stallion Jaydan, and think that Dragon’s Throat really needs all the help they can get right now. Still, what intrigued me enough to saunter over is the way the roan seems cherish the sun, instead of shy and cringe from it, as so many others do. I wonder what the dark coated one thinks of my patron god, the one who took me in when I had little to offer as a young, unwanted filly.

I sit on my haunches, staring blatantly at the two equines: winged, winged and horned. I toss my sleek black mane with a tiny sigh to show how bored I am, and how little I cared about the tense air between the blue and white stallion and the dark mare. My blue eyes gaze easily over their heads, as if they are not there, which they may as well be. I whistle softly, pawing the sand nonchalantly, drawing as much attention to myself as possible and yet not saying a word. Pretending they are not they, when I very much know they are. I giggle inwardly at myself, thinking it clever to annoy them this way. But I do figure it cannot go on forever and I do have to introduce myself to them eventually. That is, if I feel like conversing with them, which I do not have to do. Then again, I am overwhelmingly curious about the mare, so introductions must be made.

I sigh and stand to my full height, standing above the mare, and towering over the stallion. I flick my tail and my sleek black locks disappear as they turn to reddish flames. I swish my fiery whip along the ground and toss my flaming hair once more. “Mesir. Hey.”

Jaydan Posts: N/A
Unregistered

She is steady before him, her voice beckoning him to turn back to her, so see her. He blinks, eyelids remaining shut for an abnormal length, before they flick open with the tilt of his head. He glances at her almost shyly, wings shuffling nervously. Her next question goads him to settle, surprise fleeting over his blue eyes. In her own expression he finds softness, kindness, forgiveness. He is weak again, but it comes now from a source of strength, as impossible as that may be. For so long he has been trying to forgive himself - to have another provide that even in such a small way bolsters his spirit to a height it has long abandoned. He smiles, an alien thing to his face this days; it nearly hurts, the muscles atrophied there.

"Better," he says truthfully. In this moment, at this time, he is absolutely better. He hopes the sensation will stay with him. He is weary of sobbing, of aching, of dying. He wants to return to life, but that's so difficult to do when your heart is absent and your soul scattered. How does one even start to rebuild? How do you return to normal?

"Mesir. Hey."

The voice of the other mare, who is unusually colored just like sand, serves as a grounding for Jaydan. His attention shifts thankfully to her, nearly desperate to consider anything but Cassiopeia and the damn sickening sound of her wing breaking beneath him. "Hail, Mesir." Jaydan greets, fumbling over himself before he says his name, aware that Cassiopeia already indirectly told it.

"Why not shade?" he tries to ask them both, curious as to their willingness to be in the direct sunlight. He only is because of his shift, and would rather not be if he must stand and chat.

Hidden Account
Phantom

His reaction caused her smile to evolve - if only slightly - a few ivory teeth now vaguely displayed behind the partial veil of her lips. It was an oddly alluring expression on this mare, one that withheld just enough coyness to make it seem infectious. "I am glad to hear it." Truthfully, she was. It was rare for the maiden to speak when the substance of her voice was not true to the genuine literature of her heart.

Her gaze turned to regard the bronze mare as she presented herself as Mesir. Her words egressed with inherent nonchalance, and the roaned dame acknowledged her with a dip of her head only moments succeeding Jaydan's formal salutation. Her magic intrigued her, but when did magic - of any kind - not have such an effect upon her?

"The sun will set soon, and the ocean is so beautiful just before dusk." She turned to observe the rolling crests of the sea, the water stained a bloody crimson, diverging into a gilded sliver of amber where the gasping sunlight reflected upon its crystalline depths. Twilight was nearly upon them. The sun remained as little more than a semi-disk peeking over the golden horizon. "Wouldn't you agree?"

Sure, it was still fairly humid, but the heat was far more bearable than it had been earlier that day. Being the Sun God's oracle had caused her to be more accepting of his temper; how could a being of light and fire not be prone to a bit of instability and irascibility? Of course, Cassiopeia was only mortal, and she too found it easy to blaspheme the sun, but it always did well not to be so apathetic. The sun was warm and welcoming, but it would seem as though the Sun God had a jaded concept on how to share its grandeur.

But night would soon dawn upon them, and they would be granted a short reprieve from his wrath. The moon would reign and the stars would embellish the velvety backdrop of space, twinkling as if in silent laughter. Everything has a balance.

Cassiopeia</style>

</style>