the Rift

Change of Seasons [Mandatory Herd Meeting]

Coris Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

With shadow and sunlight lending him dapples, Coris wades amongst the tattered forest. Gingerly his nose travels across the tapestry of trees, touching leaves, trunks and soil alike. Life is often nestled in the bosom of the woods, and though this one boasts a long past and a recent scar, the herd keeps a steady rhythm through the trails, multicolored blood beating through the wooden veins.

The summons comes in the middle of this lonely wander. Ears flick back toward the cry and Coris gives his hooves pause. Perhaps another day to explore, he thinks with a gentle sigh. He must remember to be attentive to such things as kings and duties here. Alone for so long the coarse stallion has forgotten manners once beaten into his foalhood brain.

He supposed it gave him reason enough to leave his sight seeing in favor of venturing back to the fire mountain. After the meeting, would he then be found, worthy? When is worthy worthy enough? How does one measure, worthiness? He supposed he could consider being here in itself answer enough, but he'd nearly forgotten his quest over the promise of fulfilling his craftsman - how forgetful he truly was then, for he could not compete against anyone in his present state. "Moon, do not lead me astray when you've sent me in so deep," he mutters as he turns and treks towards the gathering herd. Mauja eventually would want proof of his abilities, and he would quickly be seen as unworthy should they not come.

At a slow amble Coris arrives on scene. He regards his fellows with hardened eyes, recognizing only the speckled snowstud and the roaned rainmare, fresh with a wolf pup. Coris approved of such a companion, and he wondered coyly, if she'd ever be up for slaughtering innocent does with him and his falcon, or did she intend to feed the wolf greens and water only? Snorting in amusement to himself, Coris minds his manners, perhaps better than everyone gathered here which is a shocking thing in the least. Maybe everyone already knows everyone here, but he doesn't intend to assume and behave foolish.

"Ahem. I am Coris, son of Cre and Praelia, of the lands Alaglasia. Though newly joined, I am not new and shall serve the Edge with the craft of my bloodline." Gruff vocals end with an unpleasant purr. That should be enough fodder for them, and surely enough talking by his part to let him shut up and watch the rest of this meeting. He hoped at least the others would be kind enough to return their callings, even if he didn't give a beaver's squat about them and probably wouldn't remember if they did. The only ones that would interest him would be the ones willing to pay for his work on the side of Mauja's instructions.

[476! had to edit twice D:]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Change of Seasons [Mandatory Herd Meeting] - by Ricciardo - 08-17-2012, 11:09 AM
RE: Change of Seasons [Mandatory Herd Meeting] - by Coris - 08-17-2012, 07:29 PM
RE: Change of Seasons [Mandatory Herd Meeting] - by Monster - 08-18-2012, 05:35 PM
RE: Change of Seasons [Mandatory Herd Meeting] - by Cineviam - 08-18-2012, 10:26 PM
RE: Change of Seasons [Mandatory Herd Meeting] - by Aurelius - 08-20-2012, 03:51 AM
RE: Change of Seasons [Mandatory Herd Meeting] - by Korra - 08-21-2012, 01:22 PM
RE: Change of Seasons [Mandatory Herd Meeting] - by Lloyd - 08-22-2012, 09:46 AM
RE: Change of Seasons [Mandatory Herd Meeting] - by Monster - 08-24-2012, 05:02 AM
RE: Change of Seasons [Mandatory Herd Meeting] - by Lloyd - 08-24-2012, 05:51 PM
RE: Change of Seasons [Mandatory Herd Meeting] - by Coris - 08-25-2012, 09:08 AM
RE: Change of Seasons [Mandatory Herd Meeting] - by Korra - 08-27-2012, 03:23 PM
RE: Change of Seasons [Mandatory Herd Meeting] - by Ricciardo - 08-28-2012, 12:11 PM
RE: Change of Seasons [Mandatory Herd Meeting] - by Korra - 09-04-2012, 01:54 PM