the Rift

Change of Seasons [Mandatory Herd Meeting]

Delinne Posts: 232
Hidden Falls Curiosus II
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 hh :: 15 Buff: NOVICE
Dezba :: Black Jaguar :: Stormcall Ina

The Friesian looked at the unicorns that'd joined after her. A brown little mare with deer antlers and a big black stallion, who apparently was named Lloyd. He was a lot bigger than her, and she looked upon him with the blue orbs she had for eyes. This was a stallion you didn't want as a foe. Dell turned her head to Mauja and listened to the words he spoke carefully.

"Welcome brothers and sisters; I have called this meeting for several reasons, and for all of you to know each other's faces is but one of them. There is a wolf-like thing by the name of Arathea who roams our lands. She wishes to help this forest, and in return for giving her safe conduct she will help defend the Edge from threats." Since Dell hadn't been in the Edge's herd for very long, she didn't know anything about the past. What threats?
Was anyone brave enough to stand up to the unicorns?

She snorted quietly and continued to listen. There was work for the unicorns available, and important jobs too. The black mare angled one ear to Mauja and tried to sort the jobs he named.
"...and Phantasms, who will keep guard over our own. Three times now has the Throat attempted to steal from us..."
Dell frozed. She could be a Phantasm and she would be honored if Mauja let her be.
When he had finished his speech, she lowered her head his way and waited until a few unicorns had spoken.

"My dear King...", she started. She raised her head a little bit, and looked him in the eyes. Then she continued;
"...I would love to serve as a Phantasm in this herd. I'm willing to protect our own and watch over each and every one of us - and if needed I will risk my life." She lowered her head once again, and bowed a bit to show him that she respected him. She didn't care what it looked like, but she respected him as her King and she was willing to do anything that could be useful in the herd.

She spoke only truth, and the reason why she included that she would risk her life is because she didn't have anything really to live for. No mate, no offspring, no family.
For short, nothing else to risk her life for.
Dell stood straight once again on her pillars, and looked at her dear King. Would he accept her offer as a Phantasm?

Word count: 419

Walk, walk, walk.
"Talk, talk, talk."
Think, think, think.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Change of Seasons [Mandatory Herd Meeting] - by Ricciardo - 08-17-2012, 11:09 AM
RE: Change of Seasons [Mandatory Herd Meeting] - by Coris - 08-17-2012, 07:29 PM
RE: Change of Seasons [Mandatory Herd Meeting] - by Monster - 08-18-2012, 05:35 PM
RE: Change of Seasons [Mandatory Herd Meeting] - by Cineviam - 08-18-2012, 10:26 PM
RE: Change of Seasons [Mandatory Herd Meeting] - by Aurelius - 08-20-2012, 03:51 AM
RE: Change of Seasons [Mandatory Herd Meeting] - by Korra - 08-21-2012, 01:22 PM
RE: Change of Seasons [Mandatory Herd Meeting] - by Lloyd - 08-22-2012, 09:46 AM
RE: Change of Seasons [Mandatory Herd Meeting] - by Monster - 08-24-2012, 05:02 AM
RE: Change of Seasons [Mandatory Herd Meeting] - by Delinne - 08-24-2012, 01:48 PM
RE: Change of Seasons [Mandatory Herd Meeting] - by Lloyd - 08-24-2012, 05:51 PM
RE: Change of Seasons [Mandatory Herd Meeting] - by Coris - 08-25-2012, 09:08 AM
RE: Change of Seasons [Mandatory Herd Meeting] - by Korra - 08-27-2012, 03:23 PM
RE: Change of Seasons [Mandatory Herd Meeting] - by Ricciardo - 08-28-2012, 12:11 PM
RE: Change of Seasons [Mandatory Herd Meeting] - by Korra - 09-04-2012, 01:54 PM