the Rift

[PRIVATE] Once Upon A Time, There Was A Princess

Quinn Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Things change, do they not?

One day I am a trained soldier for hire and the next, I am seeking refuge in a cave. All that I have learned in my eight years on this earth, is forgotten, and I have no idea what to do next. My body is acing for the sun, while my heart is screaming for a new life. And then, there is my mind; it has gone soft as a sponge in water. I used to be able to take harsh words and even mockery, but now.. Now I soak up every word and keep them close. What happened? Am I such a lousy warrior that I can't even handle a few days in a cave? Or have I just started to live my life, free of a general and any other that rule over me and my time?

I have no answer to the questions, nor will I ever be. I am at a crossroad and now is the time to choose which road I will follow. It all used to be so easy; just follow the orders and do what you are told. How can anyone expect me to just walk away from that? I need someone to tell me what to do, where to go and what to do with my life. Give me a reason to breathe!

These thoughts haunts me as I walk through the cave, throwing a glance around every time I pass a horse or an entrance. The hide is still on me, but the bear's head hang limp at my neck. It's not cold or funny enought to scare the shit out of people, not yet.

With nothing else to do, my legs carries me to the wall-room, as if trying to make sense of the pictures will make this better. It won't, so I don't know why I even bother. A sight escapes my throat as I watch the foreign story unfold in front of me. Somehow, it reminds me of a wall back home. Someone, I don't remember who, told me the story behind one of the horses carved in stone. I began to whisper it, as a comfort myself, quiet at first so I did not forget my words;

"One upon a time, there was a princess, born to a king and queen of the desert. She was a beautiful one, with golden hair that touched the earth when she walked. Her eyes were the color of emeralds and her coat, dipped in the purest of white. The princess was a sight for sore eyes, even when she was a filly. Her father loved her very much, as did her mother and the rest of the kingdom, but where love blooms, hatred grows in it's shadow.."

I stopped to draw a breath and shifted the weight of my slender body. How did the story go again? For some reason, I forgot the middle, but the end, oh, I will never forget how the story ended.

"Stricken by grief, the Princess found no reason to live. Her lover, her soulmate was dead, only because they dared to love. In the middle of the night, she ripped out her golden locks and cut off her tail before the bathed in ashes. Only her head remained white, as a sign of the purity that once lived within. She went down into the great hall, her eyes clouded by hurt and anger, and as the doors closed behind her, not a word was uttered. Guards found her the next day, imprisoned in a glass cage and by her side, her lover in his."

The lump in my throat was hard to swollow, as memories of the two glass statues fell into my mind. I have seen them, more than once; the black stallion, frozen in agony and the princess, with her head over his back. They call it 'The Final Embrace', but that has never been the reason why I remember it. I remember it because I am her and she is me. I just hope I do not end up like her, hurt and unloved.

OOC: Woooooow..this is a long post! I hope it's not too long for you to answer XD
@[Nato]

No more dreaming like a girl
So in love with the wrong world
[Image: K20W2We.png]

Nato Posts: 84
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17 :: 13 Buff: NOVICE
Candy
Time seemed to change everything here in the caves, day and night blurring together like an inconsistent painting of our lives. We had become lost within the depths of our own minds, wondering what had become of those fallen to the darkness, where they still breathing, thinking, and feeling as we are. Motioning through crowds of mixed races, and yet there is that obvious loneliness, that ache in our hearts for having survived. Hoof beats silenced, as the obsidian knight found himself once again in the dim lit room whose ceilings were painted in myth, stories of our supposed past.

Should he have had the ability to paint upon these walls, he would have casted the fear of the darkness over the stick figures of equine, drawing a circle of hope representing the caves, and a symbol for each race that dwelled within. And outside of this circle, he would have shown a unicorn fighting a demon, carrying it back within the hollow caves, and throwing it into a pool of liquid to symbolize victory and healing. But no one but him and the demon would know who those two characters represented, no one would understand the battle that had taken place only weeks ago.

Cast out from darkness, the demon had fallen, and to emerge from this acidic liquid would be his beautiful daughter. Figures drawn in an embrace, revealing true happiness, the feeling of knowing all you had was almost lost. Vivid oculars gazed away from the ceiling, He couldn’t be more regretful for having laid hand to his daughter, but at the same time is the only thing that saved her life. She was breathing, recovering takes to his emotional effort to cast out the sickness.

Through the crowded room, the unicorn moved through offering each a solemn glance, searching for a friendly face. And off to the side, in a dimmed corner, the curved physique of Quinn stood gazing upon the painted wall. He wondered how she was doing, since their last encounter here, where he was distraught, broken and empty. Maybe she would notice, the light had returned to his eyes. She was whispering something to herself, the only words he had caught were; Only her head remained white, as a sign of the purity that once lived within. She went down into the great hall, her eyes clouded by hurt and anger, and as the doors closed behind her, not a word was uttered. Guards found her the next day, imprisoned in a glass cage and by her side, her lover in his.

The way she held herself after she finished her story, seemed to be an emotional one. Stepping forth from the crowded shadows, the stallion appeared horizontal at her side.

"Such a fine story." He spoke with medium tones, not wanting to point out the obvious on how depressing it sounded. "How are things Quinn?" He inquired, gazing upon her pale face and vivid blue eyes.

@[Quinn]
Nato

Unregistered

For some odd reason, I always felt how big of an impact that story made on me when I heard it. It is weird, as I am neither a princess nor white with golden hair. Maybe the story had a silver lining I have yet to discover?

I had not expected someone to walk up to me, so when I turned my head, I was ready to scream something about leaving me the fuck alone. Not a sound came out though, for it was Nato at my side and no one else. "Nato.. I haven't seen you in ages. How are you? Are Nyx okay?" I had no time to answer the question he gave me, as there was more important things to talk about.

The fear of Nyx's health and well being was much greater than I would expect, as I did really care about the mare. Of course, we had not met in the best of times and I wished I could take back some one the things I said. But what is done is done, so there was nothing I could do about it now.

"The story is not a happy one, but you can learn a thing or two. I don't know why I even remembered it now, as nothing here reminds me of home. Is that weird?"

@[Nato]

Hidden Account
Candy
His crown of black remained at a regal height, his mind remembering their last conversation in this place, the emotional wreck he had become over the loss of his daughter. But her question reminded the stallion, she had not discovered she had been reborn and free from the demonic haze that shadowed their home. Had it really been that long since their last encounter? There was no telling anymore, this cage forged of mineral rock made the days timeless, and the hours long. Crimson eyes gazing upon her new-found cape, a bear skin, noting it soft looking appearance.

"I’m better." He said rather plainly, unsure if that was a true statement or not. What happened to Nyx made him contradict the ways of life, his attitude about things, as if the darkness in his heart had melted away near that ink filled pool of healing. "Nyx has returned, it was a brutal fight- but she’s normal now." He didn’t go into detail, he didn’t fondle the words of the disgusting smell, the rotting flesh that fell from her bones, her blood slicked all over his body. A shiver quivered down his spine at the thought, garnishing his own power and strength against his child, was to say the least, heartbreaking.

"No." Baritones rumbled from his lips in a single word to her statement. Nothing here was as Isilme was; the passion of life had seemingly faded away. Sure there was the forest, the pine, there were others- but the emotional side was forever lost to darkness. His muzzled extended to her shoulder, lips fumbling about upon the bearskin. She looked warm, and he was envious. "Where did you acquire such a piece?" He questioned, his ruby pools turning to gaze into her eyes of blue.

@[Quinn]
Nato

Unregistered

Just to hear those words, lifted a weight I did not know my heart suffered under and a smile reached my maw as I stole a glance at him. To realize I cared that much about someone I knew so little about, was not expected. It scared me a little too when I thought about it. "I am glad to hear that. You scared me the last time we met. It was like life itself had abondoned you."

I did not want to go into the subject too much, as I did not know what to say if he asked about it further. Therefore, I was glad as he showed more interest in the bear I wore than the thoughts that haunted my mind. As he reach for it, I let him. "I found it in the bowels of the earth, almost covered in sand. It did not smell that good, but when you are cold, you use what tou find." I answered with happiness in my voice. "And it is really warm, even if it scares some when they first see it."

I had to keep myself from laughing when I thought about my meeting with Firefly and how close I had come to my end. I still had to do some small changes to the hide to keep it from falling off when I moved, but that would not take much work. "Do you like it?"

@[Nato]

"talk talk talk"

Hidden Account
Candy
Her statement about seeing the life be drained from him was more accurate than he’d like to admit. During the time of Nyx’s possession he had never felt more alone, such failure and deceit had filled his soul he wasn’t sure where to turn anymore. Almost ashamed of himself for letting the world hit him rock bottom, he let his eyes gaze upon her glinted crystals as a guilty smile rippled upon his lips. The life had returned to him now, as a new chapter unleashed within his heart. As she continued on, for the first time he had seen a genuine smile upon those pale pink lips of hers. She obviously held a pride in her new found rug, and he wouldn’t bash it for the sake she did offer him good company during his darkest hour.

Do you like it? Her voice fluttered through his mind as his lips curved into a smile, followed with a delicate node. "It suits you." Simply stated, it masked her warrior-like form, her curved weapon only inches from his as he stepped closer to her. Their first meeting hadn’t gone so well, but the second had lit something deeper more alive and desirable about her. A deep rumble vibrated upon his lips, laughter or a deep chuckle at the thought of her running around as a zombie bear scaring the daylights out of living souls in a cave. She should do it with caution however, as some might be willing to take a life rather than flee.

"You know.." He spoke softly, shifting his weight into a fluid motion to stand before her. "you should return to Worlds Edge with me." He beamed at the thought of being able to rid of these empty caves, and to feel the thrush grass under is hooves again. It would be nice to have someone such as Quinn at his side in the Edge, alongside Nyx.

@[Quinn]
Nato

Unregistered

To be told that a dead beast suits me, would set my motions on fire just a short while ago, but as the darkness dulled my senses and my mind, I took it as a compliment. It was heavy on my shoulders and back, a feeling I had learned to cherish more than hate, and in a way, I felt safer knowing I had a barrier between me and the world. The fur did not keep the emotions out though, as I quickly discovered as the black and white stallion inched closer.

Did he want something from me or was he playing a game I did not understand? I kept my blue eyes on him and soon, he revealed his true intentions; The Worlds Edge. It didn't sound like a pleasant place to be honest, but neither did the place I came from. I wondered what his intentions was and why he chose those exact words - With me.

Still unsure if I only was a price in his eyes or something else, I straightened up and looked at him. "Why do you want me to come with you?" I asked, feeling I deserved an answer before I agreed. "We didn't exactly behave as horses should when we met. And in all honesty, if Nyx had not become a wraith and I had found you, I would probably never speak to you again."

Honesty hurts, but in all cases, it is necessary. I did not like to go back to such a delicate subject, but as my future hung in a thread, I had to. I cocked my head, trying to read the red pools that mirrored his thoughts. "What am I to you?"

@[Nato]

Hidden Account
Candy
Perhaps it was a reaction he wasn’t expecting to hear from her, perhaps it was something he would have rather avoided talking about. In his youth life was nothing but a game, It was never considered a gift and within his time of confusing travels and feeling gut wrenched that he no longer had his children nor his mare in his life; it’s enough to bring the worst out in anyone. He could have left her to die in the threshold, he could have let this pale faced unicorn, marked with the attributes of her people dwindle away to darkness; but he didn’t.

And even the question now irked his very mind as its mechanical knobs turned the clocks of time.

The time in his life was of the essence; he was no longer in his prime but in his golden years; aged to perfection, battle scars like a book telling their stories of victory and defeat. Her words pricked within his lobes as they lazed back against his onyx crown. Within he understood her discontent, her anger with him and what had been done; and perhaps now the painted stallion held a silver of guilt in his black heart, gambling with the life of a filly who wanted nothing more than to become proud and noble.

His gaze left hers for a moment, only wishing these historic walls would paint a story of his life, how gifted yet tragic it had become, and for years a smudge of darkness over his soul had pushed him to the light; once you’ve met something eviler than you- perhaps it’s time for a change. ”I.." His lips dry, tongue doing its best to moisturize parched velvet muzzle into continuing to explain. Though he was cut off again by her cold gaze;

What am I to you?

Lobes flicked forth as he looked upon her pale lit visage, finding as if knives were cutting him from the inside of her eyes for what he had done; and rightfully so. He couldn’t pour what little heart he had left into this mare, could he? Hesitant considering their first meeting, would she throw it back in his face, and flail the word tiny again?

This was ridicules.

”I understand your frustration with me Quinn." He finally managed to force from his lips. Brain scrambled with thoughts and words to spill upon her, to convince her to come with him. If only I could tell you what hell I have seen, and what changed me to standing here now; begging for forgiveness. He would never admit begging for anything; so he took a gentle breath and tried to rid of the lump within his throat.

”I’ve found something I haven’t felt in years." He cocked his head to the side slightly to mimic her own. Crimson pools alight with honesty and forgiveness as he hoped she wouldn’t just recoil and lock swords in a head-butt. ”You’re a friend" He spoke, it would have been too blunt to just throw confetti and shout to the world “I love you Quinn” even he was unsure the meaning of love anymore other than pure infatuation. After their last moment in the caves, she could have not given a damn about his tears, about his fret for his daughter; and now he was the strongest he had ever been.
And desired to share that with someone.. Quinn

@[Quinn]
Nato

Unregistered

Quinn
War does not determine who is right -
only who is left.

Something stirred behind the mirrors of his soul, as my last question escaped into oblivion. I knew it would take all of his courage to answer it truthfully, and in a way, I tested him. I needed to see what lay between us, as honesty would bring us closer, and lies would tear us apart. I had changed, I knew that, but so had he. To the better or worse? Well, at this point, I would bet my horn on the 'better' part, as he clearly had some problem answering my questions.

I let him have his time to find the words, as the first try failed. The second time, he found them and it totally blew my mind. Now it was my turn to chase after the words. "Why would I be frustrated with you? Have you done something I should be frustrated about?" What the hell had that fucker done now?

My breath became unsteady as my mind began to make up a thousand ways for him to make me mad, and my body language changed. I so wanted to throw something acid in his face when he spoke about finding something he had not felt in years. I see now how very little trust I had for the stallion. It was not until the word friend was spoken, that I finally relaxed. I tink I even looked a little surprised. "Oh. Well, that's good, isn't it? I mean, I can be a friend if you want."

@[Nato]

Hidden Account
Candy
The expression upon his face was taken aback when she returned fire. She questioned and questioned, pondering what she would have to be frustrated about. Puzzled he just looked at her, and wondered if she had forgotten already their little banter within the walls of the falls. Surely she didn’t let the insults slip her mind, nor the fact that he was betting she would die before her fifth season in life.

”The bet? Are you not frustrated I bet you would die before seeing your fifth winter?" He spoke softly, almost to himself but he knew she would hear it. Lobes lazed back slowly to the side unsure of what to say now, her shocked face upon the mention of a friend told him he had better distance himself and not get carried away like some heart-felt yearling in the spring.

”I’d like that.” He offered an unsure grin upon his velvet black lips. It would be nice for a change, to have someone to talk to that understands pain and suffering. It would be nice, and a weird turn about that this creature that he thought would never make it in life, has come to possibly save his and restore sanity to his world.

All those years ago, he was foolish into betting the life of a filly against the grain of hope and destiny she had laid before her now. His weight shifted as his shoulder brushed against hers, noting the soft plush coat from the bear skin as he gazed upon her, and then looking up at the paintings upon the ceiling, noting the horses the colors blended. ”I wonder what it all means."

@[Quinn]
Nato

Unregistered

Quinn
only who is left.

Maybe I should have been mad that two souls predicted my death or that I am just a price given to one that did not think me capable of breathing this long. I tried to feel it, the hate, but my emotions had run dry. So I watched him, still searching for that spark of anger that could drive me to the brink of death or beyond. I found nothing.

"I guess you are right, but I have never been anything else than a piece of the puzzle or a pawn to be moved. Maybe I'm brainwashed to think like this, but.." I drew a breath as I thought about my next words. "..but it was either this or live my life as a broodmare. So I chose to live my life day by day, not knowing if I would live long enought to see the sun rise. If that's a reason to be mad, I am not. I've accepted it."

My mind dulled as I was forced to think back on the choices I've made. It was true. I could spend my life locked up and pregnant, as some foal-machine for my bretheren. No, I would rather carve out my own heart than become one of them.

It did not take much to get me grounded again, as I felt him lean against me after he accepted my friendship. A new feeling filled the void as I could not let the subject drop. "Nato, I do wish to have a foal some day, but with it, I also want a family and love. And I want to do it because I choose to, not because someone else have a need for my blood."

I knew I talked about a heavy subject, so I changed my gaze to the wall when he did, but I had a hard time concentration on anything else than my past.

@[Nato]

Hidden Account
Candy
Perplexed, drawn unto himself in wonder; had she simply forgotten that all those years ago, he had taken a gamble of life or death not with his own breathing soul, but with hers? Lobes lifted from his shadow crown, treads rippling slowly along his crest as he lifted his head to gaze upon her in the dim light of the caves. She spoke of being used for most of her life, but he couldn’t blame her father but her culture was profound in beauty and war. It was decided at birth, so he was told, your destiny was to become a warrior, or a maiden to service those warriors in times of ‘need.’ Regret flickered within his pools as he looked upon her ivory features. And for a moment, he realized if he had not been there to make this assumption all those years ago, she wouldn’t have come looking for him. That’s why she came here, was it not? The stallion would like to think so.

"Where I was born, mares were not expected to become broodmares." He breathed, almost prideful of his painted dam. "In that era, there were only warriors and the weaker mares were whores, typical and no held no higher than the dirt they stood upon." He grinned for a moment, in thought of his mothers rational feelings against stallions. My how she hated them for all they had done. She had refused to be seen as weak, and had become one of the most deadly forces to be reckoned with upon the Path. "There are those who follow the path, and those that stray and make their own. And they are the true champions." He offered a gentle smile, in complement to her not wanting to be a slave baby-maker for the rest of her years.

It was nice to have a companion now, one to share his history with- his feelings of lust subsided from their regular urge, but she suddenly became attractive to him. Her kindness, her story- something about her was changing now. Though her next statement would startle him into a whirlwind of thought; his name played upon her tongue followed by the word foal. He froze for a moment, pausing mid breath and looked at her. He wasn’t sure if that was an invitation, was it something she truly wanted? Better yet, did the stallion still have the ability to grant a mare such a desire of children?

”I too have such desires." He let his gaze fall upon the floor, pondering his age for a moment or two. He thought of Nyx, and Querida, of Dexter and the mares that followed in his past. He had never been able to shake ‘Rida from his mind but for this moment he realized; She was absent. His heart had finally said farewell, and now it was craving, it had a hunger for that void that had consumed him for so long. "Quinn." He breathed, lifting his head and shifting his weight, moving to where he stood directly in front of her. ”Should you decide to come home with me.. would you do the honors of baring my final foal?" Heavy subject indeed. His voice was flat, almost timid and unsure of what she would say.

Nato

Unregistered

Quinn
only who is left.

To have the power to make life was not something I truly understood until that moment. It is what all wants, isn't it? That's why stallions rape, murder and fight, to bring on their genes to the next generation. So tell me, who is indeed the weakest sex? The ones with the power to fulfill or those who bring themselves to the brink of death to get it?

But I got it now, I saw how I was not as weak as my father or anyone else have told me. And to have the choice of who's blood my offspring would carry, was..mindblowing. I forgot what we were talking about, me and Nato, as his last question hung in the air, unanswered.

This was my chance at a new life, a new beginning, one that would be filled with love rather than blood. And if that did not work out, at least I would be in someone's life, bound by eternity. My mind went to Beowulf, the beast I met in the caves and I wondered if he too would offer me the same. But then again, Nato knew of my heritage and the complexity of my being. No, I would place my bet here, at the mercy of the black and white stallion.

"I would." I said finally as I stepped closer into his warmth. "But on one condition - I am to be respected. If you fail to do so, I will kill you in the most horrific way I know how." My blue pools had become more like barbed wires as I spoke, even my voice carried a certain amount of spikes. This was how I would ensure the future, not only for me, but also for my potential child.

Despite my gentle nature, I was still a trained killer, brought up in the mids of death and blood. You can take me away from home, but I will always be a Hiria, even after my death. It is wise to remember that.

@[Nato]

Hidden Account
Candy
After what seemed like an awkward dwindling silence, the pale faced lady finally spoke. His eyes alight with excitement for her choice of words wasn’t scolding or harsh, and as she stepped closer his neck arched and his muzzle pushed against his chest. Lobes flatten to her following statement, eyes pulling from the floor and directly into her cold depths of blue. Condition of respect or her threat of slaughtering him in the darkest way possible lingered on his mind.

Within he laughed, though his lips didn’t do anything but curl into a wicked smirk. The thought of his little creations running about his legs was almost a comfort, though thinking about the fact this could very well be his last hoorah didn’t help any.

”And you the same, m’dear." should she disrespect him, it wasn’t a matter of trust, it was a matter of letting you bare the perfect child. Letting this mare, Quinn hold and bare his offspring, there was so much potential to go further.

Now he had a companion, a friend and potential lover if he dare call it that just yet. At least he will have children, as he hoped a son to follow his steps into this world, one to teach his ways before his life here on this earth is over. With an elegant bow of his blackened crown, his lips flow forth sweet words laced in sugar. ”I swear by it." He returned to his full regal pose, a grin peeled upon his lips as he promised to protect her, and the child she will produce till the end of his days.

@[Quinn] – yay Nato babies. xD
Nato

Unregistered

Quinn
only who is left.

It was not like my heart went colder or that things changed, but somehow I felt closer to him as our deal saw the light of day. Much depended on me now, not only the pregnancy, but also the upbringing. I would be tied to this deal till I die and weirdly, it soothed me. Finally I had a task I was ment for and that could not be changed, even if we wanted it. Somehow, I felt pride rise in me.

"Then it's agreed upon." I said, almost mimicking his pose, though mine held the grace and not the show of muscles. My smile soon broke though my stiffened lips and warmth crawled into my eyes. "You surprise me, Nato. I like that." I felt a urge to test out the limits between us, those we had not spoken about just yet, so I began to walk past him, close enough that our bodies touched.

Moving slowly, I got the chance to feel every muscle at work under his hide, even through the thickness of the bear. As I passed his behind, I could not resist to bite him playfully on his quarter, before I jumped out of the way (just in case he wanted to kick me, something I would not like). Laughing at my little game with fate, I turned around. "I guess I'll see you at the Edge then."

@[Nato]