the Rift

[OPEN] There's no Help Inside

Adele Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Adele & Vera

A shaky sigh of relief left Adele's lungs, her breathe coming out as condensation when she saw the stranger drink from the canal the mare had constructed for her. It was a way to help the horned beast without having to come into contact with her. If the mare was actually some demon spawned from the depths of whatever hell existed in this world, then Adele surely did not wish to be dragging her to a bit of water. You can't be too safe in this land ridden with monsters and gods alike.
Adele hadn't moved an inch when the stranger turned to face her. The red and blue fem stood frozen, watching the creature intently with her blue, flecked with orange, eyes. She was perplexing, fun to watch and observe. To learn from.
"Why did you help me?"
Adele's choked on her words, the mare's voice sounding raspy and horrifying. She began to wonder how long the leviathan had gone without water or food in general, for that was not the tone of any healthy being.
"I've never seen someone die before, and I don't want to," Adele spoke softly, feeling borderline uncomfortable caught underneath the stranger's mauve gaze. She hadn't even introduced herself, yet had the guts to ask her savior a question. "I especially don't want to greet death if I can do something to keep him from coming," The red and blue mare finished.
That was partially the reason as to why she had helped her. Adele was also curious as to who this mare was, why she had come to close to becoming just another cadaver to be decomposed. After all, curiosity killed the cat, but satisfaction brought it back.
'Ask her how she got this way,' Vera spoke in the bond, her tone dripping with excitement as her ivory eyes continued to observe the stranger. Adele hesitated, realizing she didn't even know who the mare was. 'I don't know her name or anything, Vera,' Adele's voice was tentative in reply, though showed no sign of a dubious attitude outwardly. 'So? In the grand scheme of things, a name is but a name.'
The dragon, as simple minded as she was, had a point. In the end, their thoughts and experiences would die with them, never to be known by any others. Oblivion would reign the world, so why would a name have to mean anything? Adele could just dub the stranger Leviathan and get out of here after she had answers.
"What happened to you?" Adele blurted, words slightly rushed. Her eyes danced with the spirit of inquiry, features looking innocent. She craved an answer, thoughts racing at every possibility, for they were endless, each one coming quicker than the last. It was strange, for even though Adele could ponder a million possibilities, only one would be correct. Or they could all be wrong, every million. This is why she loathed infinities.

--

@[Agrona]

Messages In This Thread
There's no Help Inside - by Agrona - 03-05-2014, 10:54 AM
RE: There's no Help Inside - by Adele - 03-05-2014, 09:59 PM
RE: There's no Help Inside - by Adele - 03-08-2014, 12:29 AM
RE: There's no Help Inside - by Adele - 03-11-2014, 09:00 PM
RE: There's no Help Inside - by Adele - 03-09-2014, 03:07 PM
RE: There's no Help Inside - by Agrona - 03-07-2014, 01:30 PM
RE: There's no Help Inside - by Agrona - 03-09-2014, 12:33 AM
RE: There's no Help Inside - by Aurelia - 03-10-2014, 11:15 PM
RE: There's no Help Inside - by Agrona - 03-11-2014, 06:53 PM