the Rift

[OPEN] what if the world stopped spinning

Adele Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Adele's opalescent blue legs broke out through the last bit of vegetation lying between her and the beach. Her diamond-like hooves sparkled in the light as the mare halted to lift her head up a bit. The water smelled crisp and salty, though the air was cool. This immaculate combination created a serene stage for the mare to act out the rest of her day.
Of course she wouldn't do so without Vera. The ivory dragon was perched upon her nape, nestled in flickering flames in hues of blue, yellow and orange. A remarkable contrast to her own colorless scales.
'So this is a beach,' Vera stated whimsically, turning her milky eyes to focus on her bonded. Adele flicked an ear back at the reptile, a gentle smile upon her lips. 'Yup! I could just spend the rest of my life here,' The red and blue mare spoke wistfully, partially closing her eyes as she moved to trot alongside the shore line, not actually letting her diamond-like hooves touch the liquid. She was becoming more and more grateful for the life she led. Her situation was bad, but it could be so much worse! Adele had her semantic memory, which was much better than having none at all. She would find a way to cure herself of the amnesia that plagued her life; she had to. Memories are made to last forever, and Adele was not about to let that statement wash into oblivion along with the rest of her thoughts.
'This place is deserted, I would not want to live here,' Vera stated, blowing a puff of hot air from her nostrils. No horses meant a much slimmer chance of Adele ever regaining her memory. Tyradon had brought on the last episode of thoughts, enabling the mare to recall vague memories of her mother and siblings. It was splendid, and no doubt the key to their memory.
With time and horses and items from their past, they might've had a chance at regaining what shreds of their memory was left.

text text text "blah blah blah"

Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

We traveled from my new woodland home. The cascading sounds of water are traded for the warmth of sunlight across my back—and the crying of gulls. One of whom Fina eagerly plucked from the heaven, its pale beak was wide from shock and a cry that never came, and lifeless eyes stared sightlessly up at some distant spot in the clouds. Savagely she tore open the flesh of that scavenger bird, picking apart meat from bone and feathers with careful jerks. I looked away, having lived with my companion for the greater part of many seasons—there was still no stomach for watching and smelling the aftereffects of such killing. Greedily she slurped each slender morsel.

My eyes drifted toward the empty beach, the cold water slipping across sand, back and forth in a never ending dance. It would claw far, stretching to overwhelm; yet seconds later be pulled back by mighty oceans law. I lay back, left wing against the sand and flesh of my barrel—right splayed out. Golden granules coated my belly, slipping in to mate with fur that would later require cleaning. I basked in the light. Watching with idle content as the lulling sounds of distant gulls and sea water swept across my mind.

It was sooner rather than later that muzzle fell forward, trust was placed in Fina to keep watch for danger. Face pressed into the warmth that was offered, as I allowed myself the rare chance to doze off into a state of bliss. Later, I was awakened to the sound of something scrapping against sand. Lids moved to slip apart but I wouldn’t get the chance to even awaken fully before—a sharp pain ran straight up my snout. Eyes shot apart and an involuntary squeal squeezed out, head snatched straight up and body followed swiftly with more than just a few clumsy stumbles.

Crown jerked back and forth, a painful weight was clamped onto my nose. Wings splayed apart, scattering sand as they shifted to aid balance in my thrashing neck. Head hurtled back and forth, only serving to encourage the thing attached to my nostril to hold on ever tighter. Face shifted toward my right leg, rubbing against the fur harshly in an attempt to be rid of the pain and weight.

Finally, at long last it fell and I was treated to see a rather large brown looking crab scurry away back toward the ocean. My nostril throbbed, and breath came heavy. Indeed I’d become a humorous sight, half my body was still coated in sand, the other half awash in a flush. Eyes where round and huge, locked onto the creature that had just assaulted me. That wasn’t the worst of it though. Apparently an audience had gathered. Fina rested on a nearby stone, watching me with a glinted smile of bright humor that had been birthed from the loins of me jumping around like a complete idiot.

And directly down the beach another lass stood…

MIDAS & FINA
I'm waking up to ash and dust

STOCK CREDITS
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Unregistered

Adele continued to walk along the beach, closing her eyes as she aimlessly wandered, simply listening to the sound of the ocean. It was more relaxing than ever, especially with all the commotion going on lately. The world was a mess to say the least.
'Adele?' Vera shattered the peace, a trill coming from her vocals as she climbed atop her bonded's poll. Adele snorted, eyes still closed, and slightly irritated by the added weight upon her head. This wasn't the first time Vera had hopped upon her poll, and it certainly wouldn't be the last. It was irritating nonetheless, for the weight of the ivory reptile caused Adele to drop her head, even though her companion was fairly light.
'What?' Adele snapped, softly shaking her head back and forth in an attempt to rid herself of the dragon. Failure was futile, as a squeal, an equine-like squeal, caught Adele's attention. It was then she opened her blue, orange flecked orbs. The sight she saw certainly wasn't one she expected.
A pegasus, looked like a stallion, a good ways farther down the beach was shaking his head; as if he was trying to throw a rather large brown thing off his nose. Adele froze, ears perked at the sight, her body language suggesting curiosity rather than hostility.
Eventually, the painted stallion succeeded in ridding himself of the brown thing. A crab, it seemed. Difficult to judge from her distance. A bird was eagerly watching the stallion as well, although it was a different sight than she was used to. The bird was a bright orange, and seemed to be...on fire? A being on fire! Like herself. They had to be friends. She had already decided.
Adele moved into a trot, coming closer to the smaller stallion. His wings were adorned with gold, a gold marking trailing down his face as well, not to mention the collar. What a fancy little fellow.
"Hey there," The mare smiled, slowing her gait until she came to a complete stop near the unfamiliar pair. Vera hopped off her bonded's poll to fly in place by Adele's shoulder. The ivory dragon gave them a toothy grin as well, a trill of excitement and greeting coming from her vocals.
"I'm Adele and this is Vera. It's nice to meet you guys," the red and blue mare picked her head up slightly, eyes flicking back and forth from the bird and the stallion. What were those birds called? It was on the tip of her tongue, yet she couldn't quite place it.

Ascended Helovian

Deceased
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

Fina clicked her beak together, chattering the way birds do when they laugh among each other. I stiffened and shot her my best ‘hush the heck up’ look, which only succeeded in making my phoenix companion giggle ever more. Nothing left to do but roll my eyes and shake off the sand. Golden granules sprayed in all directions and within a few inches of where Fina stood. Since my ivory feathers are still splayed apart, I flapped them once, twice; hard enough to knock grit free.

“Company,” she purred, turning those brilliant sea blue eyes toward yon surf—narrowing as they took in what came trotting down it. I shrugged indifferently, and debated on walking in the opposite direction. Instead, I glanced over and was reward with the sight of a rather striking mare on the approach. Her mane and tail danced curiously in the soft ocean breeze, it took a moment to recognize the likeness of such movement—Fire, I thought wistfully. Only one other had been able to harness such abilities, and she had been the daughter of Sun; was this yet another of his bloodline?

She evidently was blessed, for there was also a silver dragon hanging across flesh. His lips parted to show a clean row of fangs that better suited a wolf. Despite being smaller than most other dragons I’d witnessed in Helovia, this one was no less magnificent. Fina took note of his presence as well, her features dropping from laughter to guarded fascination. She had a strange curiosity when it came to dragons.

Aye, on most days my fiery friend seemed to favor the serpent kind over her own.

“Well met,” I replied softly; still slightly flushed from the little show down with Mr. Scuttle butt—the snot eating crab. “I’m Midas, and that’s Fina,” who smirked, puffing out her feathers and somehow shinning brighter as the fires running along amber wings and body slithered into an array of gold, crimson and burnt orange. Nobody loved being in the center of attention more than her. “Apologizes if my noise disturbed ye.”

MIDAS & FINA

STOCK CREDITS

Unregistered

To Adele's pleasant surprise, the stallion acknowledged her presence. His wings were slightly unsettling to the mare as she remembered what Tyradon had said about the species. 'Filth' he had called them. She was trying to avoid the unicorns, the pegasus, but they were all so kind and the fact that she shouldn't be around them slipped her mind all too often. She was betraying her brother by so willingly conversing with the other species...he just wouldn't have to know about this meeting. Or any other one that involved horses of another species.
Vera wasn't as hesitant as her bonded, finding the winged beings before her to look like quite enjoyable company. Who wouldn't want to be around them? The horse was adorned with wings, like herself, and gold! It was outlandish and she was drawn to it. The bird, as well. It was on fire. Like Adele. Any that showed a likeness to her bonded, Vera would be all too infatuated with.
The ivory reptile leapt from her perch to fly in a large circle around the flaming bird, stopping once she got back to it's front. Vera chirped a hello, smiling the only toothy grin she could, even though it didn't look as friendly as she meant it to be.
At least she tried.
“Well met,” The little stallion's words were soft, which soothed Adele's guilt. How could anyone hate such a gentlemen? Then again, she had only ever met two pegasus so far. They were both kind, but perhaps they were rare beings among their species. That would be odd, wouldn't it, though? To meet the only two decent beings of a species by chance and almost right after one another? It made no sense, but now was not the time to think about it.
“I’m Midas, and that’s Fina,” The stallion returned her introduction, Adele shifted her gaze to the flaming bird as he did so. She smirked, knowing that all eyes were simply to be on her at all times.
Adele moved her eyes back to the stallion, Midas he said, and smiled as he finished his speech. "I assure you that we were not bothered. Your display was quite humorous, I might add, although I hope you weren't harmed too badly," Adele held back a giggle, a question she had dwelled upon for a while now rising within her vocals instead. "What species is Fina?" Adele inquired, tilting her head to the side a bit, curiosity evident in her tone. This would be the first of many questions she had cooked up for the stallion.

Ascended Helovian

Deceased

Fina was grinning as only a bird could grin. Beak was wide and pinkish tongue lolled out in an energetic pant that mimicked laughter; she adored dragons. There was something about them that drew her interest, and like a child my daughter, my sister of fire spread her wings and flapped loosely—chortling her delight at having the scaly serpent near.

The lass called Adele grinned with humor and something close to understanding. With effort I returned my attention to her as she spoke, snickering appropriately and causing faded heat to once again spring up across my face and somehow darken a totally black façade. Gaze drew a glossy glow as a good natured smile shyly slides across ebony muzzle, “No more than a scratch lady Adele, though I don’t plan on a rematch anytime soon.”

Our conversation was turned to Fina, who was dancing upon her rock with gleefully little hops. “She is related to the legendary Zephyr’s, one of the ancient Phoenix’s from old. The story tells of great birds thrice the size of this one, ruling the stars above. Their wings are said to be coated in starlit and have the power to control different forms of elements--fire, darkness, ice and weather patterns.” Tales that Ma used to share before she passed from this world, “I’ve seen a few wild Phoenix’s before, they were larger--their blood obviously closer to the ancient ones. “

Turning my attention to the serpent I inquired, “What of Vera? Where did ye meet?” There were plenty of stories that surrounded the veil of dragons.

MIDAS & FINA

STOCK CREDITS

Unregistered

Vera was all too perplexed by the flaming bird-thing. It seemed to be happy about her presence, and certainly not threatening. Excitement swelled in the little dragon's body as she spiraled into the air, trilling and chirping at the bird-thing, beckoning to play as she and Cynder had not too long ago.
Adele mused upon how much Vera had gotten to engage in play lately. It was nice to see her interact with beings other than herself and horses. Not to mention fun. Vera had learned how to do the complex aerial moves that Cynder had performed just by watching the emerald reptile. The ivory dragon was intelligent and a fast learned, so naturally, she acted out the moves with flawless precision and elegance. She certainly was an entertaining sight.
The red and blue mare grinned as the pegasus spoke and sheepishly smiles. It was cute. But not in an alluring way, more like in an 'aw, what a cute kitten,' type of way. It was Adele's turn to brim with excitement as Midas spoke of Fina's breed. A zephyr. She soaked up his words like a sponge, filing each one in a space in her mind, for she did not want to forget this memory.
"She's amazing," Adele complimented wistfully, casting her gaze over to the flaming bird. She envied the pegasus for a moment, for he could bond to such an amazing creature and she could not. Then again, she had an equally amazing companion; Vera.
Midas had a strange way of tongue, but Adele didn't question it, for he was asking about Vera! If there was anything Adele loved equally to learning and Vera, it was sharing her knowledge. Her smile was wide as she turned to Midas.
"I found Vera as an egg in Isilme, my birthplace. She's the smallest of the dragons, they come in many colors and shapes and sizes. But she's more agile, swift, rare compared to the her more colorful friends, and can breathe fire. Some of her larger cousins are not so gifted, so she doesn't complain. I believe there are other dragons that can breathe toxic fumes, ice, even electricity," Adele said, diving into her mind to seek the information she desired. Oh, Isilme, what had you taught her of the dragons?
"Dragons, I've found, like to steal and hide treasures they find valuable. That's what the wild ones do - steal and protect. They can be very, very big," Adele laughed, casting a glance at her own dragon. She was almost puny compared to the wild dragons. It didn't matter to Adele, though, the little dragon was the best friend she could've ever hoped for.

Ascended Helovian

Deceased

Fina chortled, her creamy beak lifted high and wide open with pink tongue hanging out as a mythical song rose from breast. This was a rare moment, very few creatures could pry a tune from her lips, but when she sung no creature could withstand the awestruck beauty of those purely wild notes. Shinning feathers spread wide and caught air on a down stroke. My companion took no hesitation in joining Adele’s dragon companion heavenward. She sped off down the beach, gliding just inches from the sand, laughing along the way—encouraging the pale serpent to join in a merry game.

Meanwhile, Adele answered my question. Adding that she was from Isilme. Isilme, I had heard that name before from another mare, also bonded to a dragon. Evangeline? Was that her name? My mind worked to figure it out, lips curved higher when she mentioned larger cousins. Every sand born foal knew the tale of how gigantic dragons had burned their homeland—destroying the trees and wildlife along with nearly everything else. But my ancestors had killed those beasts, and now we coupled ourselves with their lower species. “Aye, we have old stories that da’s tell their little ones, about the great battle against Urulóki, a mighty dragon--and how his fire chased the sea and purged Dragon’s Throat of its rich tropics.”

Thinking about those old days, it made my heart quicken to wonder what fighting a dragon might have been like. “I’ve heard the name Isilme mentioned before, and have actually talked with a lady who had been from there, she too formed a dragon bond—her name was Evangeline?”

MIDAS & FINA

STOCK CREDITS

Unregistered

Vera froze for a moment, hovering in the air as she caught the flaming bird's mystical notes. Never before had she heard such a tune, so the little reptile took a moment to cherish it's divinity. It was over as quickly as it had started, and the lively-feathered friend was speeding down the beach. The pale dragon smirked and dove after the bird, furiously flapping her reptilian wings until she was next to the flaming fowl. The winds of the beach were incredibly gracious. She let her wing dip into the sand, hoping to send a bit of it flying onto her new playmate.
An aloof smile graced Adele's lips as Midas took one on himself. He seemed enchanted by the tales of the dragon. The only thing Adele loved more than expanding her knowledge was sharing it. He spoke of a fire-breathing, reptilian beast who purged the Throat. It impressed Adele. Her mouth hung open slightly, eyes widened as she murmured a soft "wow" at the tale. How amazing it would have been to see. Alas, she probably wasn't even alive at the time. Nevertheless, the tale of Urulóki enchanted her.
Midas continued to speak, this time of a mare bonded to a dragon as well, from her homeland. Evangeline. It sounded so familiar...She couldn't put a face to the name, but she had heard it before. Her brow furrowed, pondering the name as her dual-colored eyes slipped down to her hooves. Had her mother mentioned the name before? Aera had been a lead, she taught her who was who in the land, for it was a duty of hers to know. Evangeline...
"The Pure? Evangeline the Pure?" Adele questioned, glancing back up at Midas. She had never met the mare, but Aera had spoken of her while explaining the herdlands. She couldn't remember which one the mare had led, or even any of the other leaders. But Adele had remember the Pure's name. She found it much prettier than the others with such an admirable title. The Pure.

Ascended Helovian

Deceased

Adele was easy to talk with and even easier to appreciate good conversation with as we exchanged brief stories. Our companions sped off down the beach, kicking up sand as they went along. I smiled after them, glad that Fina was taking this opportunity to loosen up and actually enjoy the presence of another creature. She was far too often scowling the folk that we came across and forgetting how enjoyable something like a romp could be. Meanwhile Adele thought for a moment upon the name I’d shared before speaking up with an additional question.

It was my turn to ponder, Evangeline hadn’t ever given me her full title—and I’d not been so forward as to inquire upon it. Shoulders shrugged and boyish smile faded briefly, “Apologizes, I know not.” I didn’t know what name she’d earned by life experience but I could describe the physical appearance well enough to make up it, “The lass was bonded to an amber serpent. Tallis…I think…” She’d been a very kind and gentle soul when we’d spoke, “The title ‘Pure’ would surely suit her personality.”Smirk grew into its former beam, hopefully what little information I knew would be helpful and if not—oh well, one could say that I tried.

“Do you reside nearby Lady Adele?” A flaming girl such as this would surely find fair company in Dragon’s Throat—she seemed birthed from the loins of Sun himself. If not then I’d be a fool to not extend an invitation to my new hell home at least.

MIDAS & FINA

STOCK CREDITS