the Rift

[OPEN] what if the world stopped spinning
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

We traveled from my new woodland home. The cascading sounds of water are traded for the warmth of sunlight across my back—and the crying of gulls. One of whom Fina eagerly plucked from the heaven, its pale beak was wide from shock and a cry that never came, and lifeless eyes stared sightlessly up at some distant spot in the clouds. Savagely she tore open the flesh of that scavenger bird, picking apart meat from bone and feathers with careful jerks. I looked away, having lived with my companion for the greater part of many seasons—there was still no stomach for watching and smelling the aftereffects of such killing. Greedily she slurped each slender morsel.

My eyes drifted toward the empty beach, the cold water slipping across sand, back and forth in a never ending dance. It would claw far, stretching to overwhelm; yet seconds later be pulled back by mighty oceans law. I lay back, left wing against the sand and flesh of my barrel—right splayed out. Golden granules coated my belly, slipping in to mate with fur that would later require cleaning. I basked in the light. Watching with idle content as the lulling sounds of distant gulls and sea water swept across my mind.

It was sooner rather than later that muzzle fell forward, trust was placed in Fina to keep watch for danger. Face pressed into the warmth that was offered, as I allowed myself the rare chance to doze off into a state of bliss. Later, I was awakened to the sound of something scrapping against sand. Lids moved to slip apart but I wouldn’t get the chance to even awaken fully before—a sharp pain ran straight up my snout. Eyes shot apart and an involuntary squeal squeezed out, head snatched straight up and body followed swiftly with more than just a few clumsy stumbles.

Crown jerked back and forth, a painful weight was clamped onto my nose. Wings splayed apart, scattering sand as they shifted to aid balance in my thrashing neck. Head hurtled back and forth, only serving to encourage the thing attached to my nostril to hold on ever tighter. Face shifted toward my right leg, rubbing against the fur harshly in an attempt to be rid of the pain and weight.

Finally, at long last it fell and I was treated to see a rather large brown looking crab scurry away back toward the ocean. My nostril throbbed, and breath came heavy. Indeed I’d become a humorous sight, half my body was still coated in sand, the other half awash in a flush. Eyes where round and huge, locked onto the creature that had just assaulted me. That wasn’t the worst of it though. Apparently an audience had gathered. Fina rested on a nearby stone, watching me with a glinted smile of bright humor that had been birthed from the loins of me jumping around like a complete idiot.

And directly down the beach another lass stood…

MIDAS & FINA
I'm waking up to ash and dust

STOCK CREDITS
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
what if the world stopped spinning - by Adele - 03-06-2014, 07:56 PM
RE: what if the world stopped spinning - by Midas - 03-18-2014, 10:01 AM
RE: what if the world stopped spinning - by Adele - 03-18-2014, 03:48 PM
RE: what if the world stopped spinning - by Adele - 03-30-2014, 09:26 PM
RE: what if the world stopped spinning - by Midas - 03-21-2014, 03:07 PM
RE: what if the world stopped spinning - by Midas - 04-02-2014, 12:32 PM
RE: what if the world stopped spinning - by Adele - 04-09-2014, 12:48 AM