[OPEN] Do Whatever it is That Moves You

Voodoo Posts: 231
Outcast atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: Eight :: Birdsong HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Ouija :: Arctic Fox :: None Nevada
Voodoo
tear me open pour me out,
inside there's things that scream and shout

You wander through the fresh snow that continues to litter all over the frozen ground quickly, the fluffy flakes coming down in what seems like sheets. With glossy maroon pools narrowed against the falling snow, you continue on to where you remember the pond sitting in the forest. Surely it's frozen over now and likely hidden beneath a layer of ice, but it would be so thick that you are -for once- not worried about falling through; an image of the stocky grey mare with the crimson marking traveling down her face and a ribbon tied neatly into her thick white mane splashing in the deadly waters flashes through your head. You had not even caught her name before you ran away, she had only called you "brother." You are no one's brother, you are alone in this world we remind you coldly, not even leaving a snicker to warm our tones. Forcefully, we drag another image up from your dusty box full of terrifying memories, choosing the best one: your mother being suffocated by the tight clamp of a black wolf's jaws. Blood seeps from open lacerations, spilling out onto fresh green blades of grass.

And you left her.. All alone, like a coward we hiss from our prison that has been gradually falling apart; the bars are far enough apart now for us to stick half of our bodies out, but our round bellies do not quite fit. 'She told me to run. What could I have done? I was still so young!' You were just as big as her. Thankfully we came along, or you would have croaked now we do laugh, one of us running our fingers across our throats in a fast motion that everyone knows as your throat being slit. This sends us into a hysterical laughter before you can try to shut us out again. "Ouija?" you call out to the cub, now alert and on your toes. Only a few seconds drift by until you shout for her, "Ouija?!"

The arctic fox roots around in the snow only a few feet behind you, her face half buried in the white fluff as she inhales flakes, attempting to find food. Her ever-hungry belly was just satisfied by the small bunny she had attacked and eaten three quarters of, but why not find more food? A growing girl is hungry! Her big triangle ears catch your shout and she immediately lifts her now snow-covered face from below the soft surface, massive black eyes staring at you, alert tail poked straight out. She yips loudly, bounding toward you in big leaps; the high pitched bark causes you to look over your left shoulder just in time to watch her deer-like bounds. Each time she lands she sinks belly deep in the frost, only to bonce forward half a second later.

A relieved smile washes over your rummy face and you keep moving, watching the little one in the corner of your eye. "It's too easy to lose you in this stuff." you murmur to the cub. She returns a glance but nothing more, bouncing past you once more. The snow flakes become less heavy and quickly thin out, but they continue to dance to the earth. A deep breath is drawn into your lungs through red nostrils, your legs bringing you to a halt before a sigh is released, a thin cloud of steam rolling from both nares. Quietly you watch the pup continue to root around, stuffing her face into the snow and digging a little deeper before giving up and moving three feet forward to do the same.

Text here "Chat here." Voices here
Tagged: Nayati
Ooc: Edited to fix table, <3

i run but it stays right by my side
Table by Frostie
EVERYTHING YOU'RE RUNNING AWAY FROM
IS IN YOUR HEAD
[Image: 5389e9aca8b63]
Please tag him in every post!

Nayati Posts: 116
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 14.3hh :: four years
Rathunax :: Common Red Dragon :: Shock Breath cailyn

How she comes across the stallion and his companion is rather terrible. Rathunax is sweeping across the snow like a crimson predatory bird, and when his eyes zone in on a kit of white, Nayati nearly screams. There is a name to that creature, she knows it by the way its eyes glow, by the magic of a bond that clings to it, by the name calling across the snow and the way ears flicked at the sound, recognizing it. She calls him back just before he dives, instead he spirals and lifts back up into the sky with a sharp jerk of his wings. Her heart is beating furiously, nearly painful as it ricochets across her ribs. The vix will never know, her dracon is too high above the powder for his attempt at a dive to be spotted. But it scares her all the same, and she is shaken as she walks, calling him to her quickly for his support. It terrifies her, to imagine her companion attacking another, to harm a valued soul, one she knew the importance of.

So instead she seeks the stallion who calls forth into the snow. He doesn't need to know. Nobody does but her and Rathunax. But maybe if she can gaze upon him and his companion, she can feel safe in the knowledge that she'd been focusing on Rathunax instead of herself. That she'd stopped his attack in time. The vixen would not have died, surely, but injury alone was enough to send her into a downward spiral of tears. She resists. Instead she goes across the snow, nearly floating, flowers scarce and bright like colored blood drops among the powder. Her tail was dragging among the snow, baubles tinkling gently among the tresses of her mane.

He isn't hard to spot in the Grove. Against the pale backdrop he is a form of ebony and crimson, tall and brilliant against such a pallid landscape. She moves closer and raises her voice softly as she approaches, bringing a hesitant smile to her face, still shaken from pulling so hard and so fast on Rathunax in her fear. "Hello sir, may I accompany you today?" She ventures closer still, tempted by the promise of company, of stability. Ruby eyes gaze at him curiously and she flicks an ear self-consciously as she comes to stand, dwarfed, before his taller form. "I'm Nayati, and this is my companion, Rathunax." A soft 'ryuu' of sound comes from his lips in response, an affirmation of the title she had spoken, reptilian head peeking from between her ears to gaze upon the pair curiously.

----

Ugh, so late and crappy, I'm so sorry
@[Voodoo]

the rose shadows said that they loved the sun, but they also loved the dark, 
where their roots grew through the lightless mystery of the earth. the roses said: you do not have to choose. 

Voodoo

You are not certain if it is you or Ouija who spots the strangers first, but whoever it is, excitement leaps into both of your heads... Who are you kidding? Excitement, over an unfamiliar face? Obviously it's Ouija who's excited. But for as far as who indeed noticed them first was perhaps a straight tie: the soft crunch of snow beneath light feet and the scent of unfamiliar land both sweep toward you and the artic fox simultaneously, her ears cupping forward and following her dark gaze to spot the mare and her winged lizard, your body tensing and back end swinging away with legs ready to dart if need be. Nothing frightening and no menacing faces, just those of curious, young lives.

"Hello sir, mind if I accompany you today?" Both empty eyes search over the young mare's body, spotting nothing curious or off about her.. Yet. "No-" you pause for a second, repositioning your weight so you don't look as if you're about to shoot out of sight with a rag doll fox hanging from your mouth. "No, I don't mind." The filly introduces herself at Natayi, and her hidden companion as Ruthanax. Your eyes just about fall to the earth to search for a shy bonded creature hidden behind her legs, until a red face pokes up between the young mare's ears. A soft noise comes from the crimson dragon, causing your lined ears to dart forward in curiosity. Ouija barks playfully at the reptile, hoping it will respond.

"It's uh, nice to meet you Natayi... Ruthanax." your crowned skull nods to the red creature, eyes attempting to catch it for a moment before falling down to the thick-coated Ouija. "I'm Voodoo. This is Ouija." So boring we sigh, pressing our faces against cool metal bars. Your falsely bloodied snout picks back up, empty gaze looking to Natayi. Contemplation on what to ask the mare next jumps around in your head for just a split second before you decide that plain and simple is the safest route: "What brings you two out here?" your raspy voice is followed by the always-nervous flicker of glossy eyes.

Tagged: @[Nayati]

Table by Frostie
IS IN YOUR HEAD

Outcast

Tension ripples on his hide like a stone dropped in a lake, and she is the disturbing presence that causes the stone to drop. It causes guilt to well in her breast, and she tilts her head to the side with a slightly shameful look, casting her gaze between the ground and the friendly looking vixen at the male's side. At least she seems interested. But truly what harm could Nayati cause? She was tiny of stature and frame alike, and swaddled in enough hair for the heads of three. She doesn't mention it though, instead keeping quiet until the stallion seems more comfortable talking to her. Well, either that or him running off, it was one of two outcomes. But when he does speak, she gives a hopeful smile, blood red eyes alighting at the lyric. Slowly his position changed, as if having second thoughts about running off, and she smiles warmly at him in response to the shift she so appreciates to see. Maybe she could convince him to stay?

Ouija, or so she'd heard him shouting as he'd called for her in the snow, barks cheerfully at Rathunax. The crimson dracon lifted his crown, peering down at her from his throne on Nayati's head, and gave a loud 'ryuu' back at her in the odd vocal pattern he had. Though Nayati found it entirely too amusing that such a ferocious creature could only communicate kindly in that 'ryuu' word. So cute. The dragon crawled closer and with a flap of his wings that tickled her cheeks drew himself free of her to investigate the vixen in the snow, circling her and making noises at her to see if she would return them like he had. Both bonded and companion were interested in hatchlings, it seemed. Nayati smiles for the both of them, glad that she was correct in dubbing the vixen Ouija. "The pleasure is all mine, Voodoo. Ouija. I was actually rather lonely out here, I'm glad I came across you!" she laughed softly, head tilting to one side as it often habitually did when she laughed. The baubles of glass and wood in her mane tinkled, and the warm metal of her flower necklace slid across her chest, both nostalgic reminders of lasting friendship that she'd never part with willingly.

He seems nervous by the flicker of his eyes, and Nayati steps forward, hesitantly offering her maw up to the taller male for a possible amiable brushing of muzzles. While she does this, she explains. "We don't really belong anywhere...so instead, we travel. I um...well, I don't have any friends, so it keeps me from feeling too lonely," she murmured as her voice dropped in a shadow of sorrow she couldn't help but to feel. Her next smile was sad, but she made it work, trying not to think about the scar on her side or the darkness in her mind. Today was a new day, wasn't it? "Can I ask why you are? Or did Ouija simply want to enjoy the snow?" With that she casts a fond look over to the vixen, whom Rathunax is still circling, though he occasionally passes over Voodoo and makes noises down at him as well. Nayati rolls her eyes lovingly and calls him back to her, turning to help nudge him onto her shoulder as he lands, no longer wincing at the pain of his claws digging into her skin before turning back to look at Voodoo with a smile of certainty. This was her life.

@[Voodoo]

where their roots grew through the lightless mystery of the earth. the roses said: you do not have to choose. 

Voodoo

The scaly creature reaches over the white hair of his own bonded's, now flapping around in the sky above the excitable pup, the soft reptilian purrs falling down on large, intent ears. A cool nose lifts up into the air, a squeaky yipe responding to the strange sounds that are so foreign to her. Her fluffy white tail wags back and forth quickly, big black eyes blinking up at the red dragon. She sits back on her hind haunches and bats at the air playfully toward the reptile. Your empty eyes watch the two carefully, unsure whether or not the dragon would take a dive at your dog-child. Natayi explains that she was lonely, and we nudge you from inside There you go big boy, she's lonely we cackle, slapping our knees Damsel in distress! one of us calls, swooning with a limp wrist. This leaves us in a fit of laughter, and as much as you hate to admit it, we can feel your lips curl into a smile as well; at least you can cover it with something that she had said in the mean time.

The dragon swings over your head, your ears laying down as if he were about to land on your head and a nervous tightening of your jaw all occurring at once. Harmlessly, the creature finds his way back to Ouija who is still hooked on pawing at the air when he passes, her tail sending puffs of snow here and there. Nayati's response to your latest question makes you ears sit back upright, glossy eyes finding her deep red ones just as she finishes the last of her sentence. Our laughing had just stopped moments ago, and now your head is silent. Just like us we mumble, knowing that your heart will never really reside in the Throat, nor in the Basin. You will never belong anywhere, really.

"Well.. kind of the same reason." you begin, gruff voice followed by a soft chuckle. "I live in the Throat, but I can't ever seem to stay." You explain, lips tightening into a straight line. Ouija can feel the rush of confusion slide through your body and stops playing, just in time for her newly found playmate to return to the mare's pale withers. She pads toward you, rubbing between your front legs like a playful cat before sitting back down on, leaning against your left leg.

"Have you always wandered?" You finally ask, falsely bloodied snout reaching out slightly toward the young mare with interest. No longer did you feel like you needed to dart away from the slightest movement.

Tagged: @[Nayati]
Ooc: I'm sorry I all of a sudden up and disappeared, this should go smoothly now!

Table by Frostie
IS IN YOUR HEAD

Outcast

They are an odd pair, Nayati muses as she watches the dracon and the snow fae flit about in their playful exuberance. She cannot help the smile that blooms like her flowers across her features, shockingly red eyes softening into the petals of a deep crimson rose as she views them so plainly. They are but children, new to the world and its horrors, and she does not wish it to taint them any time soon. For is she not too but a child? Fresh to this life she already feels weary of. But she is ruined for the road of the innocent, doomed to walk the path of a sinner, a path she'd never chosen to walk willingly. Her scar was her badge of ruination, her ticket of grievance on the path of the sorrowful. She was not the first to traverse this place, nor would she be the last; placing tear stained prints behind her for the next broken soul to find solace and guidance in. Today was merely an intermission, a brief reprieve from the crippling loneliness she wallowed through day after day.

A soft sigh creates a cloud of crystal around her maw, and she smiles sadly as Rathunax flapped his wings playfully at the little snow fox standing upon her paws to reach him. Nayati made a soft sound of reprimand as her companion swooped low over Voodoo's cranium, making him cringe and flatten his ears, clearly uncomfortable. The dragon gave a soft sound of apology to the stallion and fluttered down to crash land comfortably in the snow before the snow vixen, sending up flurries all around the two of them as he preened and flapped about, entertaining them before inevitably returning to his bonded's cinnamon-sprinkled bodice.

Her face lifts to the deep crimson smeared of the stallion standing not far before her, seeing the understanding painted on his features. A relieved smile softened her face, glad to see it. It seemed she wasn't the only one who didn't feel like she belonged. It was nice, even if it did nothing to ease the loneliness she felt. Instead she would enjoy the time she had in his company, it was all she could do. Maybe it would get her through the next fortnight, to remember his words and the smile on his face. "Yes," she begins wistfully, smile becoming a bit more wistful, sorrowful. "My birth mother gave me this scar and sent me on my way in the middle of Frostfall when I was four seasons old. Since then, I've had my home taken from me. After that, I found that wandering was the only way I wouldn't grow attached. It's easier, calming even. But lonely." She laughed softly, eyes delighted as he moved closer. Her pale ivory muzzle moved closer to hopefully brush against his, breath warm and inviting.

@[Voodoo]