the Rift

[OPEN] What Is A King Without His Queen?

Windwalker Posts: 133
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3hh :: 8 Buff: NOVICE
Nanna

I have traded in my crown for a sword, my throne for the barren earth, but still I have no meaning. My Queen is off to her duties as a fair maiden, bringing joy and laughter in peoples hearts, while I, I fight my demons. I feel more like a ghost without her, not knowing my place or where to go. The light shines no longer upon my face, only darkness and heat I feel. Will the day I loose this war come now or later?

I move then, closer to the burning heart that threatens to engulf the souls that venture too close to the flames. How can such a dangerous thing keep us alive? A heavy breath escapes my maw as I am forced to turn my head away. Red light dances over onyx, highlighting newly gained muscles, but cast other in shadows. I wonder what I live for, what forces me to breath and eat and sleep. If I can not live for love, then I will live for pain. It is who I am, who I was born to be - a blessing within a curse.

Oh, how I cherish the heat. I need it like a bird needs air under it's wings to feel complete. Not even the sound of hooves can tear me away from the one thing that is familiar to me. No, I stand my ground, a black silhouette before the blazing heat. I will not dance to the tunes of time nor will I bow to any living soul. Flames still dance in my eyes as I turn around and begin to move away.

The Dark King walks with a black heart again, killing every trace of goodness with each beat. I walk again, my friends. But this time - you should run.

OOC- Anyone welcome! :D

[Image: NannaTable.png]
[Image: 53837ef3a55e5]

I hate and I love. Why, you may ask?
I don’t know, but it’s happening, and I burn.
Please Tag Windwalker In Replies
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

I patrolled the vacant lands of ash and fire, wary of what lay below in the curling gases, and even more wary of whom traveled above. Torrents of moist air shot up from the ground, each hot breath was a steamy threat that could strike flesh from bone in a single instant if one misguided step found its weight not properly balanced. Walking across the Heart of Helovia took careful grace, my limbs carried this carcass side to side in an awkward dance that I’d not gotten much practice with—sundipped appendages splayed out at half-mast when a softened print left me leaning much further right or left than desired. I’d stumble and carry on. Ahead was a strengthening glow of dry heat that sprawled out from unrelenting lava whose colors rivaled our astral globe.

While recovering from yet another falter, an individual came into my view. He was tall, dark and seemingly wingless, moving away from the pit in a steady manner. That heavy set style wasn’t as cautious as mine when traversing this landscape, suggesting either that he had a certain ease traveling in such lands or lack of fear entirely. Ashy ears tilted up curiously, one breath of sulfur tasting air later and I ruled out that he was one of the diseased fellows I’d come patrolling for. “Hail, and good day.” I called loud enough to be heard above the gush of molten rock, yet friendly in its note. I felt it rude to simply pass this stranger by without so much a word between us.

MIDAS & FINA
I'm waking up to ash and dust

STOCK CREDITS
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Hidden Account
Nanna

The voice was like an echo in the heavy air, too faint to tell if it was a whisper or just something in my head. It's become far worse to silence my thoughts, as the dark creeps in on the light, eating it, piece by piece. Will I ever be normal again, to love without hesitation or boundaries? I fear not, but again, I do fear a lot.

I pushed myself further, not caring where I put my weight or if I would fall into the eated abyss and be gone forever. Some chances you must take and right now, I took my chance to find out who owned the voice. As I move, he reveals himself in white, black and gold, almost glittering against the backdrop of misery. I knew him, I've seen him before.

There is no room for gentlemen when death is upon us, but as I am not heartless nor a fool, I stop at a safe distance. "Midas.." The words I give life to, is neither a greeting nor a challenge. I simply acknowledge his existence. "Do you rememeber me?"

There is a lot you can forget abaout someone, but it's easier when they change their apperance. And boy did I do that. As the memories of wings and feathers push on, I am forced to turn my head and look. Nothing is left of that day, only a few white feathers and a stump, but in my eyes, I am more beautiful then I was back then. Now at least, they will not ask why I can not fly when I have wings. I've made the earth my kingdom, not the skies. Will you kill me for my choice, Golden King?

Ascended Helovian

Deceased
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

As we drew near I was privileged to gaze upon his likeness and the missing appendage that he had once sported; feeing unease or otherwise edging on caution that lad paused a fair distance away, and I mimicked the same. Those dark eyes studied me with an expression that couldn’t be titled overly welcoming but not threatening also. He called my name and both brows rose along with crown, mind searched and cranked out information as to who this individual actually was. The fellow seemed to feel my momentary confusion and prodded memory. His voice was…ah, I thought, the soldier I’d met with Hector at the beginning of last season.

“Windwalker.” ebony lips twitched, not quite a smile, “Aye, I remember ye.” He had offered aid during our first few weeks of living in the caverns and getting used to our new surroundings. “Has ye been well?” It was a polite offering, one that stood a chance at starting conversation. My eyes follow movements as he shifts to gaze back at what I could only guess to be a scarred memory. The alabaster gold feathers and muscles along my barrel slither tighter until flesh is as closely merged as it might be. Africa. I thought of her and the fool who had dared cause harm. For a moment I tried to imagine how it might settle if one of my own appendages was parted from shoulder…the robbing of a birthright. Truly it was hard to fathom many things that could outdue the agony of losing something as precious as heaven. Woe to the idiot who attempted to rob, those would find their sins mounted upon fangs and thorns.

MIDAS & FINA

STOCK CREDITS

Hidden Account
Nanna

I am not 'well'. I am miles and lightyears away from being 'well'. If I was someone completely else, I would feel better, but here I am in this charcoal prison of flesh and bones, guarded by demons. No, I will never be 'well', but thank you for asking.

I gave my head a shake at his question while I tried to find a nice way to tell the truth. I am bad at lying, so I don't do it. "I have not, but I am trying to find some light in the darkness after all." I said, careful not to sugarcoat my situation too much or to be too honest. I don't think he would be so friendly if he knew I am the one who broke Africa and pushed her to the edge. No, some things are better left unsaid.

Feeling that the topic may become too close for comfort, I try to push it in his direction by a question of my own. "Speaking of darkness, have you heard anything new or is our situation the same as before?" I realized I knew too little of what was going on in the world, as my world was the only one I've put some effort into. Maybe it would be good to take my mind off it and focus on something else?

I even dare to take a few steps closer, just in case he know something I do not, for in that case, I would not want to miss a word. My hope for his answer, would be that things have cleared and the wraiths are no longer. Is that too much to ask for?

Ascended Helovian

Deceased

I could see the unsteadiness in his gaze, almost like a man gazing through tinted windows with bleak eyes. That mask prevented me from divulging into the fullness of his mind, yet it also gave a familiar indication to hidden troubles he was likely pushing aside. How often had I’d watch my family do something similar. Those troubles were on the verge of being brought to light by the way the wingless one worded a response. Gently I added with an understanding nod, “Light is often found if ye seeks it long enough.” Words my father had often spoken to Ma on eves before they went to war.

His question did serve to change the topic of personal concerns to one of more wholesome meaning. “Aye,” I replied, pausing a moment to gather my thoughts before speaking again. “We’ve gained ground, dozens have been restored to their previous likeness—but still many more remain afflicted and lost. Surrounding territories have been freed of whatever darkness held them and are safer to travel in. Though I’d offer caution when venturing outside the caverns. We don’t know of another source to heal those in need aside from the fountain found in that cave.”

I didn’t know what Windwalker already knew, so I decided to fill the lad in on all details. “Gods have chosen new leaders for their lands, I no longer stand as Sultan of Dragon’s Throat.” The last part of my words trail off softly, “But Czar of a land reborn under the gaze of Earth.”

MIDAS & FINA

STOCK CREDITS