[OPEN] Unite and Spread the Heart Apart [Herd Meeting]

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod
Torleik
A lone man loved by none:

How long can he live?

Whatever the vicious plague that ravaged the land had begun to recede, and Torleik, though he did not mind the caves, was glad to be above ground once more; Irelyn even more so. It seemed a season had passed in which they were refugees under the earth and Torleik's broad, muscular chest expanded with the deep inhale of crisp, wintry air he sucked into his lungs.

The Basin seemed...untouched, frozen in time and not just winter. The warrior came when summoned, knowing it wiser to show his face at herd meetings than to remain in the shadows. Briefly he wondered if his cousin even had the mental capacity to devote thought to such a thing, but he doubted it. Ulrik was a genius, and geniuses were notoriously terrible at social anythings. Still, he...wondered. He hadn't seen hair nor heard whisper of the Engineer while they had been underground, and Torleik worried. The male was racist and mad, but he was family. The dual-horned stallion would do anything for family.

His steps were slow, carrying him back inside his home at a reduced pace, eyes taking in everything he could. Deimos and Illynx had already taken their place at the head of this little herd summons, and Torleik noted he was one of the first to respond. Curious. Was everyone else sluggish? Unwanting of this meeting? Infected?

With a frown, his thoughts turned to the women in his life. Brisa. Where was that gentle, lovely mare? Ophelia? Had she survived this plague? A sick knot in the pit of his stomach made him nauseated to think she had not, lonely wanderer that she was. And....Serenity. The pegasus mare he had encountered but once. The one he was still not convinced was a test from the Moon Goddess. Surely she was fine, capable of taking to the air as she was? When this was over, he would seek them out to see. Ulrik as well. Those important to him needed to be kept track of.

It was not long before Deimos spoke, and Illynx followed, the gilded mare's words far more than the psychopathic lord's. As she spoke, Torleik inspected her, wondering what it was that seemed...different. He had only interacted with her up close once prior, but they had been face to face and he knew something about her appearance was different now. Unfortunately, he could say not what it was. Irelyn's settling on his shoulders distracted him, as did her cooing through their mental bond. The owl-griffin was immensely fond of Illynx, as Illynx was -

'Shinyyyyy...'

...and Irelyn loved shiny things. Torleik was amused and smiled a little, softly shaking his head at his bonded. Her avian tendencies were constantly entertaining him. Prior to the summons for this meeting, the Lady of the Basin had briefly spoken with Torleik to inform him he had been chosen as their General due to the impracticality of continuing the previously begun tournament. Pleased, he had accepted, and was not surprised when this was announced now. Illynx's pause after and nod towards him indicated he might speak, and he turned to the others present.

"My homeland raised fighting to be as much a part of my blood as breathing and eating. I cannot always promise you victory, but I can always promise you a chance to live and die gloriously in your last moments!" Such was a common statement among the fighters of his people, and he echoed it now, carrying on their traditions though these here knew little of them. "Know that I will respond to any threat brought against the Aurora Basin swiftly and thoroughly - from within or without," he clarified. "And for many of you I am sure you are realizing you cannot fight since you do not know how: let me tell you, everyone can fight in their own ways. Not everyone need charge into battle on the front lines. If you do not wish to learn the art of war, then I implore you to seek me or one of my corporals out for knowledge of the necessity of self-defense. I would have all in my home well-equipped and well-protected," the warrior demon declared, head held high and proud, feeling the rush of purpose pounding through his veins.

Training needed to begin soon. Those who would be warriors needed to prove themselves. Assessments needed to be made and a program in place for all to learn how to fight or defend themselves - for he was no fool. Those here were not like his people, all ready to fight at a moment's notice. Here the roles were more clear, more delineated. A healer might not know how to wield their horn with deadly accuracy. A weaver might have no concept of battle. Torleik sought to remedy that, now that he had the power to do so.

These were his people now, and he would see them prepared, equipped, and capable of handling whatever hand fate might deign to deal them.

Credits: Image by Eagle
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Unite and Spread the Heart Apart [Herd Meeting] - by Torleik - 03-13-2014, 01:07 PM
RE: Unite and Spread the Heart Apart [Herd Meeting] - by Valhalia - 03-17-2014, 01:42 PM