the Rift

[PRIVATE] a dawn for the children of night

Delinne Posts: 232
Hidden Falls Curiosus II
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 hh :: 15 Buff: NOVICE
Dezba :: Black Jaguar :: Stormcall Ina

How the hell does a broken heart
Get back together when it's torn apart?
As we went to the entrance of the Sanctuary, I took a deep breath. It was time to start a new life here in Helovia. It was time to start all over again, forget almost all of my past. Silent, I glanced back and felt the worrying feeling get stronger. But when a cold nose touched my bloodied leg, I closed my eyes before turning my dark head to my right and opening them again. Dezba looked up at me, her wise eyes filled with love. 'Okay, Delinne. Get the foals later,' she said and I smiled. 'Okay..' I replied softly before looking up at the hole that had led us here. To the caves filled with weirdos. Seriously, who came up with the idea of keeping all the Helovians under the same roof? I took another deep breath, closing my eyes slightly as I stepped up the sloping hill. Hoof after hoof, I climbed my way up while Dezba practically jumped her way up. 'I wish I was a feline,' I thought grumpily and the jaguar looked at me with tease in her eyes. As a reflex, I smiled at her, shaking my head slowly. Only a short time later, we were up in the fresh air after being in the caves for too long.

As we looked around, we noticed that it was time for dawn. The skies still had a black and blue tint at the very top, but the sun was rising slowly, coloring the atmosphere in pink and lavender, even orange. Slowly, I gazed over the snow-covered desert lands and the forest far away. Where had the Dragon's Throat gone? I turned around, noticing that the Dragon's Throat's peninsula was much smaller than when I had visited the last time. At the corners of the wall, I didn't see desert. I saw the ocean. My eyes opened wide and I couldn't stop staring. Weird enough, I had never seen the open waters that bordered this land. I had never gone far out on the cliff to see it when I was an Edge-mare. My Desired roared quietly for my attention and I turned my body to her, rising my gaze to meet hers. 'Okay, let's go then,' I thought and the jaguar nodded at me, turning around to trot towards the Thistle Meadow. As the sky became more and more colorful of the rising sun, we bathed in purple and orange light as we wandered. We watched our surroundings closely and I couldn't help but twitch with every single step we took, cautiously watching for threats. If a threat even started to come close, we would run back as fast as we could.

Yeah, you were allowed to be a coward in these times, even if you walked around with warrior's blood running in your veins. Soon we had gotten to - what I thought - was the middle of our famous Helovian river on the Meadow, though we were still cautious about the atmosphere around us. 'North,' Dezba commanded and I followed her as she chose our path. I had no fucking clue why we had to go north, but apparently we did. I stopped only a few minutes later though, when a loud crack was heard behind us. I was almost too afraid to turn around, but slowly - very slowly - I did and looked at the wild-eyed deer. A sigh of relief escaped my lips as I could relax again. It was only a deer. Only an innocent, harmless deer.
And as I turned my head forward again, we were there. We were by the River, standing in the shallow snow as the sun was awakening from its slumber. I smiled widely, gazing over the meadow and the sleepy cover of snow. "Hello again, Helovia."

"Talking."

ooc: blergh sorry for keeping you waiting, aeo<3
wordcount: 638
tags: @[Circuta]

[Image: 23hlgsp.png]
We will always be a team, no matter what.
Remember?

Please tag Delinne in all posts. Attacking is not allowed without my permission.
Want to meet Delinne? Post in this thread c: