the Rift

I'm Running in Circles, open

Oras Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
[Image: 10dfhpt.png]

Oras

The boy paused, waiting, watching. The threshold. He had been here once before, a bloodied up child crying for his mommy. Not for his actual mother, hell no, someone who would treat him as a mother should. He found that, the mare gave him a home. But he was unable to stay in her home, for it never truly felt like his. This land was full of demons, horses who wanted nothing but to inflict pain. Yet Oras came back. His ties to this land ran through blood, it was not somewhere he could stay away from for long.
A snort left his onyx colored nostrils, dark blue eyes looking anxious. What did he do last time to get the attention of others? He cried, and hid a hole. That wouldn't work this time, he would look insane if he tried such a thing. When he had done it then, he was a foal, actually able to fit in a hole. Now the boy was grown, reaching to his full height of 17.1hh. A feat to be such a lengthy height to say the least.
Oras picked up his hooves, moving slowly through the snow. It would be difficult for one not to see him. The black of his coat stood out like a sore thumb amongst the ivory blanketing the world around him. His horn glittered in the pale sunlight, lightning streaks down his cheeks looking especially prominent as well.
If someone didn't see him, he had to make sure they'd hear him. He wasn't just looking for a bit of company, he was looking for a home. For Aryel, perhaps. It would be nice to see the mare again.
"Hello?" Oras called, tentatively, pausing in his steps. He swung his head wildly waiting for an answer from someone, anyone.

Delinne Posts: 232
Hidden Falls Curiosus II
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 hh :: 15 Buff: NOVICE
Dezba :: Black Jaguar :: Stormcall Ina

Down from the Hidden Falls to the Threshold was my path this pale day, feeling the sun rays against my damaged skin as my hooves moved forward through the not-too-thick layer of snow. My Desired was back home together with Azarel, allowing them to get used to their new home while I explored the cold and new Helovia. We had an actual home this time, where we had good ranks and where we were allowed to stay - for good. I slowed down and closed my eyes for a bit, concentrating on the vision of my bonded. As usual, she felt my energy pondering in her skull and allowed me to see through her feline orbs.

The jaguar was playing with Azarel, jumping and rolling around in the snow. A smile crossed my lips and with a sigh, I opened my eyes again. My son would be a very handsome stallion someday, I knew that, and hopefully - he would pass on our blood and create his own family someday. But enough with the daydreaming, because a shadow caught me in the corner of my blue eye. Not only a shadow, but a real live unicorn. Quietly, I turned my body slightly and raised my 'brow slightly as I studied it. Quite beautiful unicorn, actually. My gaze wandered to it's hind legs and I narrowed my eyes to focus more. Stallion.

Still quiet, I turned my body completely and tried to not make the snow crunch too loud as I walked closer to the black stallion. Sapphire lightning bolts decorated the side of his face - that I saw - and streaks of the same color was found in his mane and tail, reminding me of my own hair. One single thing that differed us was the fact that he was giant. Not stallion-wise, but equine-wise at all. He was like a tower above my head. A smile decided to sneak itself upon my black lips as I was close enough to introduce myself. "Hey, handsome. I'm Delinne, may I ask who you are?" I danced to a spot where I could stand right in front of him and glanced over him. Damn, he was big. He was huge.

Once again, not stallion-wise.

"Talking."
tags // @[Oras]
wordcount // 369
ooc // Wrote in this thread instead :D
texture by robostimpy.deviantart.com
[Image: 23hlgsp.png]
We will always be a team, no matter what.
Remember?

Please tag Delinne in all posts. Attacking is not allowed without my permission.
Want to meet Delinne? Post in this thread c:

Unregistered

Oras

And so the boy's call was answered.
The sound of hooves were soft, quiet, as if they were trying to be mere white noise. Oras turned his head slightly, eyes flittering to the horse. The first thing he noticed about her was that she wasn't Aryel. So he allowed his eyes to roam the mare's body. She was horned, like himself. It relaxed him momentarily.
The stranger was blanketed in markings resembling lightning, like his own, except hers were white. White stripes tumbled from her mane and tail as well, just like his. They were two of a kind.
It was easy for the stallion to see the beauty of the mare beneath her skinny, bloodied appearance. He had been like that once. His own coat was now muddled with scars from his short past. He prayed her condition was not brought forth by her mother, like his was. He wouldn't wish the destruction of a mother's love on his worse enemy.
"Hey, handsome. I'm Delinne, may I ask who you are?" The mare grinned, coming to stand in front of him as her eyes scavenged his body. Immediately the stallion was conflicted. She...she just called him handsome...Was that flirting?
Oras' lips parted a bit, brow rising slightly. What was a boy to do? Act natural, yes. Do what she does. Standing here and staring wasn't acting so natural, though. He blinked, once, twice, before attempting to do his best to roll with whatever the mare was playing on.
"Oras" The boy smirked, stepping towards Delinne as he held his head a little lower to get a better look at her features.
"May I ask where you're from, minun kaunis?" Oras said, tilting his head slightly in curiosity. He called her beautiful. It was true, she had killer looks, but he wasn't so sure she was deserving of the title. She had the looks, yet personality could make or break whatever splendor of beauty there was.

--

minun kaunis; my beautiful in Finnish
so Oras took a trip to Finland...
@[Delinne] forgot to tag you for a minute there >.<

Delinne Posts: 232
Hidden Falls Curiosus II
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 hh :: 15 Buff: NOVICE
Dezba :: Black Jaguar :: Stormcall Ina

Apparently I had startled him somehow, because he blinked, parted his lips slightly and seemed to stare only to then 'wake up'. I stretched my neck to make myself a little taller, even if it was useless since he was so much taller than me. Actually, he reminded me a bit of that.. Archibald, I think. Height wise. "Oras." My lips tweaked into a smile and I closed my eyes half-ways, looking up into his dark eyes. But I didn't have to stretch after all because the boy lowered his head to my level, causing me to take a startled step back before I grabbed a hold of myself and took a step closer again. He looked young, even if his height suggested that he was at least five years old.

But who knew, he could be older. Or younger, but that was least likely to be true, even if the insecurity in his eyes made me wonder. I glanced over his dark body again, noticing more and more details. He was thinly built, and his head suggested Arabian blood. Arabians wasn't very usual in Dixtrod, especially not in the Forgotten Valley, but in my opinion they were a gorgeous breed. Elegant and graceful with tweaks in all the right places. They didn't usually fight what I had heard, but this one had battle scars all over him. What had this beauty been through?

"May I ask where you're from, minun kaunis?" What did that mean? Minun kaunis? I raised my 'brow slightly - barely noticeable - and then parted my black kissers to answer. "Well, I originate from the Forgotten Valley in Dixtrod - but here, I'm from the Hidden Falls. And I would love to bring you home." My legs moved my black bodice closer to him, allowing my velvet muzzle to touch his neck if he stayed put. He sure would be a treasure to take home and I would prove my worth by recruiting a new member so soon after the herd meeting. Beautiful, little boy.

"Talking."
tags // @[Oras]
wordcount // 342
ooc // ;D
texture by robostimpy.deviantart.com
[Image: 23hlgsp.png]
We will always be a team, no matter what.
Remember?

Please tag Delinne in all posts. Attacking is not allowed without my permission.
Want to meet Delinne? Post in this thread c:

Unregistered

Oras

The mare, Delinne, stepped back for a moment, obviously startled by his advance. Then they were even on that ground, they had given each other quite a surprise. She caught herself, though, moving back to their original position with Oras lowering his head to see the unfamiliar mare a bit better. She seemed pretty dainty, although older than himself judging by the scar upon her pelt. He was young, so it was easy to doubt that she was any younger than himself.
Once again, her eyes wandered his pelt. It was strange. He felt like he was being judged in a way, sized up for what was to come. The boy had had the unfortunate luck of not meeting a whole lot of horses in his lifetime. He had never been judged in his recent memory, which was a slight plus, but he had little to no actual social skills. It wasn't pathetic or anything, he usually figured out how to act eventually, but it was still awkward to be around such experienced horses when he didn't know how to act around them.
"Well, I originate from the Forgotten Valley in Dixtrod - but here, I'm from the Hidden Falls. And I would love to bring you home."
Home? A home for him then? Live with this strange mare in her herd, her land. What was the Hidden Falls anyways? It seemed that a lot more had changed since he was last in Helovia, for there was no Hidden Falls the last time he checked. Perhaps she was lying...
Even if she was, he could take whatever was thrown at him. He had lived on his own since he was a foal, he was more than capable of taking down a few loathsome horses. And if she wasn't dwelling in falsehood, then he'd have a new home. So why not go?
"Lead the way," Oras smiled, shivering slightly at the mare's touch. It was gentle, her lips soft. How perplexing. He had never been touched so gently before by another horse.

--

@[Delinne]