the Rift

[OPEN] infinitudes, sheba

Sheba Posts: 114
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15 hh :: 13 :: Frostfall HP: 61 | Buff: NOVICE
Minou :: Ocelot :: Sing Shady
“It is, isn’t it?” the mare replies brightly, and you have to make a conscious effort not to show surprise. Well, isn’t someone a chipper cherry? You were polite enough, but you don’t usually solicit this sort of enthusiasm from strangers. Usually, you get shifty eyes, nervous looks, or various brands of small talk. Since arriving in this land, you have yet to encounter someone in such high spirits.

The girl introduces herself as Adele, then identifies the scaly thing as Vera, her “bonded.” You think back to the young boy and his tame fox, and you wonder if this is a similar sort of arrangement. What a strange place this is, where horses keep pets. Still, you think, perhaps the things are useful in their own way. Maybe this glorified lizard kept people from attacking the mare—though you are sure her fiery hair also does the trick quite well.

“It’s nice to meet you,” you reply civilly. Perhaps your enthusiasm doesn’t quite match her own, but you relax slightly at her friendly greeting. With the sort of defense mechanisms this girl has lined up, you doubt that she means you much harm. Her burning locks and her scaly reptile creature (that keeps making noises and showing you its teeth), give her leeway to be as carefree as can be, at least in your opinion. You remain cautious, but for now, she is no threat to you.

“You can call me Sheba,” you continue, in response to her questions. “I am new to this part of the world, but I have travelled a great many other places. As to where I’m from, I suppose you can say neither here, nor there. In fact, I myself have nearly forgotten it; I left it in my youth to seek my fortune elsewhere.” You chuckle softly. “And seek fortunes I did, mine and many others’.” You lower your voice conspiratorially. “You see, my dear, I once dabbled in fortune-telling.”

You laugh again, voice a bell-like tinkle. “But that was long ago. Where are you from, sweet? I’m sure you have a story.”

@[Adele]

Please tag Sheba in all posts!

Messages In This Thread
infinitudes, sheba - by Adele - 03-09-2014, 06:24 PM
RE: infinitudes, sheba - by Sheba - 03-09-2014, 10:03 PM
RE: infinitudes, sheba - by Sheba - 03-11-2014, 01:16 AM
RE: infinitudes, sheba - by Sheba - 03-19-2014, 01:18 AM
RE: infinitudes, sheba - by Adele - 03-09-2014, 10:42 PM
RE: infinitudes, sheba - by Adele - 03-11-2014, 06:58 PM
RE: infinitudes, sheba - by Adele - 03-30-2014, 11:03 PM