the Rift

[DROP] Returning To The Light

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the EARTH

earth god like quote here~

Even after the darkness had been banished from the mortal realms, there was much to do. The mortals had a tendency to blame the gods when bad things happened, and who could blame them? After all, it was the gods that they looked to for guidance and favor, and as an unknown illness had worked its way through Helovia, the four deities had been unforgivably absent. How were they to know that even gods could not be everywhere and do everything?

The Thistle Meadow was frozen at that time of year, its violet flowers and emerald grasses reduced to nothing more than dull, brown brambles. But as the God of the Earth appeared, even these weeds began to grow, reaching for the warmth and the magic that he possessed. As it leaked into the land, a circle of the meadow sprang into life once more, as bright and beautiful as though it were Birdsong.

He waited even without knowing what he waited for; though he had come to the Thistle Meadow for some peace, for a moment to think of what needed to be done still, he would not be alone for long. The mortals were drawn to the presence of any god, especially the Earth patron, with his kind, fatherly manner. In truth, he rather liked their company, which was more than his siblings could say.

Speech speech speech

This is a quest drop. You have 72 hours to join. This thread should be treated as a group thread, meaning that your characters are free to interact with one another or ignore one another, as is their nature, but all are gathered together.

CREDITS

Note Posts: 183
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15.3hh :: 6 years Buff: NOVICE
Sabel :: Iberian Lynx :: Stormcall bry
[Image: 50f4feb8c0907]

N o t e

Each day was turmoil. He was torn between two worlds - not loving Cheveyo (but desperately wanting to) and yearning for his daughter. His family had been all but ripped to shreds, his good friend (cherished friend) Cheveyo being the only source of happiness in his life. Besides Sabel. But she wasn't that useful, especially in times such as these when the cat was angry at him.
The lynx was in a foul mood due to his attention being turned to other matters. She refused to speak, walking solemnly behind Note at all times, as she was doing in this moment. Note was back on his hunt for Skysong, as he so often did without telling anyone, even Sabel. It was a foolish quest that led to him ending up tired and empty-handed.
But could you really blame him? The stallion just wanted to see his one and only daughter one last time before he began to move on from his old life and transition into the new.
He needed a fresh start, that was for sure, but Sohalia and Skysong had been major parts of his life. Note was at peace knowing the fate of Sohalia, but knew not what had become of Skysong. Soh hadn't told him a thing before she had ran away. He wasn't interested in seeing the mare again, but his daughter? His own flesh and blood? His creation?
He wanted to see her.
Note halted in his tracks when he realized his thoughts and aimless wandering had led him to the Thistle Meadow. Memories were made here, ones that he did not regret but would not like to revisit. The flowers were dry, brown and wilted, which was to be expected in Frostfall.
But wait. What was this? A circle of fresh vegetation encased a lone horse. Perhaps the being had Earth magic of some sort. The longer Note gazed at the new being, the more he realized this to be untrue. He was the God of the Earth, he had to be. The presence the stallion gave off was nothing less than Godly.
Note tentatively approached the immortal, feeling small compared to him. It took a few moments of silence and gawking in the God's presence for the dusty bay stallion to muster up enough courage to speak.
"I - uh, hey, I'm N - Note," the stallion spoke nervously, regretting the words immediately. They sounded pretty deft. But he had never met a God before. His nerves certainly were getting the best of him in this situation. Sabel rubbed up against his canon bone, purring in support, although she was still as angry as ever. "I was wondering if you knew anything about how my daughter, Skysong, is doing?" Note asked, slowly regaining his composure. That was hard to do for him in the company of a God.

--

Note is not seeking a anything other than a chat and a bit of info about Skysong.

[Image: 52f3087fe3a26]
"The thought made Note's heart ache, but that's what love is. You don't care if the other person hates you or rejects you or anything of the sort because you just want to see them be happy."
pixel by tamme

tag me in all threads & replies!

Aurelia Posts: 307
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 7 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
baylee
Defying gravity is what I do. After all, gravity cannot hold my body tightly to the ground when evil things come. I can fly at cloud level, far from the earth... far from flightless friends. That is the very reason I don't live on the white clouds and dance around them like a fairy. Today, I shall land and converse around. Maybe I can meet some new friends. How much fun would that be?

I descend from the sun-kissed heavens because something draws me. My conscience telling me to land and explore around. As I near the snowy floor, I see a circle of green just ahead. Does the grass grow here even if there is snow? Is that the one spot on Helovia that doesn't die just because it's cold outside? The only reason I'm not in a heap of dead fur, is because I have a thick coat, and look like a stuffed animal.

At least I am cuddly looking.

I hear the snow crunch under my hooves. The clean smell of the air starts to fade more and more every few seconds. A smell of earth fills the air and I instantaneously remember the God of The Earth. After a stallion who's name I do not know, attacked me and nearly ripped my wing off, the stallion dubbed Earth King (in my mind, at least), healed me with an ease. There is a chance my wound could've got infected-- I might have died, but I didn't. Perhaps by chance, I ran into the large king, but I am thankful to whatever lured me towards him.

My gait slows to a halt in front of the large stallion. I cannot help,but stare like a deer in headlights. I am frozen with shock, relief, and discomfort. I'd never been alone with a god before. Will he be mad I intruded on his privacy? I see Note with him,but ignore the stallion to the best of my ability, for our last encounter was.. awkward.

I did not know the answer yet, but I was anxious. Every second I was there alone with him (and Note), my heart thumped faster and faster. I unfroze for a second and I opened my lips and spoke to the deity. "King of the Earth, your majesty..." My body starts to lower. One leg extended out, the other curved neatly under me. I bow for the god. As my body starts to rise after a few seconds, I resume speaking. "I do not know much about you, but I do know I am grateful for you healing me about a season and a half ago. I am eternally indebted to you." The amulet I wear around my neck is not his, if it was.. I would gift it to him. I have nothing to offer the god, but my gratitude. "I am forever loyal to you, God of the Earth." Standing straight and proud for him, I offer him a soft smile.

Once I finished, I realized how cheesy that must have sounded. How many horses fawn over him with words of intelligence and grace? Probably a lot. I thank him with words of... cheesy-ness. I look over the god, for any signs of acknowledgement. That is when I notice his large and beautiful wings. Muscular and powerful, he must fly great distances. "I like your feathers. Could I have one?" Immediately after I say it, I want to take it back. I must sound like a child to the giant god. I would love one of his feathers, but a feather from a god? Not very likely. My smile changes from confident to slightly embarrassed. I can play the 'I'm still sorta new here' card, and maybe... get away without looking too stupid. "Wait, sorry. Never mind I asked that.." I still wanted one, but I highly doubted he'd give one to me, of all horses.

Little, special, me!

ooc:;
I asked rayo if I could ask a god for one of their feathers without it being on my wishlist and without having to quest for it, and she said yes.. so. I did >:D Now, this is kinda just like a post of aurelia watching earth god's niceness and embarrassing herself. Earth god [b]does not[b] have to give her a feather of his, only if he pleases! :D <3

BUT I WOULD LIKE TO QUEST FOR IF I GET PICKED:
::[Custom Item | Removable armor. Must have wing part on to call the armor to her.]

Success isn't the result of spontaneous combustion.

Cashmere Posts: 115
Up For Adoption atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: 5 (Orangemoon) HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
I've emerged from the darkness of the caves, and I am relieved. After the beating that Oxy and I gave to each other, and the tension that still resided in me, I needed to get out of there sooner rather than later. Thankfully, not long after our spar many had started to explore the dawn. Most of my wounds had healed from the fight, but my wound on my ear where my earring was had healed awkwardly, letting the earring still dangle at a strange angle. Though it causes me anguish that it is no longer the way it was, I am happy and relieved that I still have my earring in one piece. It may seem silly, but the earring was like a stress ball, or a token that helped calm me.

-You're a pussy. Fuck the calm. Destroy everything.-

I'm ignoring you. Shut up. I don't want to talk. I don't want to destroy anything. I want FRIENDS and FAMILY. So I'm ignoring you because right now, you're really not being helpful. Covering my ears, not listening. La la la. She tries to talk to me, to speak in my ears. I'm not listening! By the time I'm actually paying attention to my surroundings again.. I am in a new place, somewhere I've never been. It's a beautiful meadow, even in the snow. But as I stand here, only just barely in the meadow, it seems there is a change. Around me the snow begins to melt and the greenery and colors come to life. Beautiful thistles rise up and the grass grows green. What is this magic, I wonder. It seems a path has been laid before me, a path of new life and rebirth. My head lowers slightly to the ground and I follow it, stepping slowly and carefully, not wanting to trample any of the beauty around me.

And then I can hear him. His breath in the frosty air, a hoof here or there. I look up, and I see a being that seems... unreal to me. There is no halo around his head, but something tells me, perhaps my feminine instinct, that this is a God before me. His stout winged body decked with ram horns. And I realize as I drop to my knees before him, only a couple yards away, that this must be the God of the Earth. My head lowered, I offer my praise to him. "It is an honor to meet you, oh Lord of the Earth. I am astounded and delighted by the wondrous rebirth you have brought here." The smile is audible in my voice, and even She is silent out of respect for the deity before us.

I rise, and look around me, only just now realizing that two other beings are there. I don't know either of them, and have heard neither of them speak. Both are pegasi, unlike myself. I bow my head and smile at each of them in turn, and introduce myself. I am sure the Earth God knows my name already, because he is a God. But introductions must be made for these two!

"I am Cashmere, it is a pleasure to meet you!"

Wishlist | Magic: Light x Water | (A) Ability to turn water into any small/medium-sized glass form she pleases.

how I walk
"how I talk"
how I think
-how She talks to me-

Table by Lauren || IMAGE CREDITS
[Image: cashmere_by_lainey_lou-d73bbjq.png]
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Silk excluding dismemberment and death.

Tyradon Posts: 106
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2 :: 14 Buff: NOVICE
Cynder :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath Snow

He can smell them. The abominations.

They reek, like the vermin they are. The warbringer's muzzle shrivels, and in the heavens above Cynder shrieks her disgust. Burn them all. They wander through unknown places in Helovia, over meadow and mountain alike, his massive frame devouring the snow-ridden ground beneath his hooves. He doesn't know where he's going, or why - he just knows his muscles are tense and his mind is fighting the urge to kill the hideous creatures that he can smell, their reeks like rotting flesh on a summer's day, fetid and rank. He dreams of sinking his teeth into their throats, in slamming his hooves into their fragile bones whilst his jade war-dragon scorches the flesh from their hides.

He fights his instincts, and continues to walk. He is greeted by the sight of two pegasi and a unicorn, and his ears lace into his mane, black lips peeling back to expose his yellowed teeth. Cynder comes into land on his back, her talons rasping into the familiar scars of his thick flesh and her powerful wings folding flush against her body, agile skull pivoting to glare at each of the scum in turn. Her desire to destroy them is as strong as her bonded's, a hatred shared for eight years and festering between them. But the beast's attention is robbed by a creature stood at the helm of the meeting - a hybrid, possessing both horns and wings. The stallion's two least favourite things, bundled together as one.

The creature is hideous, but exudes power.

"What in Nieque's name are you?" he demands to know, focus fully on the hybrid so as to keep his attention from the abominations around him. Perhaps he is disrespecting a diety - or perhaps said diety will see his potential, blunted and blinded by the racism in his veins.

wishlist
[ Magic: Earth x Wind | Ability to uproot and throw small trees. ]

WHEN THE LIGHTS FADE OUT, ALL THE SINNERS CRAWL

[ we are made of greed ]
[ the regime ]

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin
Even a queen cannot be expected to stay in her home forever, and so the painted girl had found her way back to the Thistle Meadow. It was quickly becoming one of her favorite places in Helovia, taking the place of the Threshold. It wasn't that she didn't want to travel there- she sorely did. But time and pressures of life, of what she was expected to do, had unfortunately been keeping her from it. Still, she needed to rest and play sometimes, so she chose today to take a break.

And it was a lucky day that she chose, as the painted woman frolicked through the snow she had no idea what was in store for her. Until... Was that grass growing beneath her hooves, flowers opening their petals and snow melting away? “Hototo?” she mused aloud, turning her head this way and that. After all, that was how she had met the colt before- darkness everywhere and greenery sprouting from his hooves. And yet, for the third time in her life that this had happened to her, he was nowhere to be found.

Instead, it was his father. Surprise.

Though she had not been taken under his wing before, he had spoken to her on the beach and the memory of the sweet music that played quickly came back to her ears. So it was with a smile and sparkling eyes that the overo came nearer to him, bowing down in respect, before rising. “Father Earth,” she greeted him before going to stand by the mare Aurelia- one of the new members of the Edge. Although Kahlua barely knew her, other than her name, it was always nice to stand by a friend. Besides, Tyradon was here. And although their meeting had been brief, Kahlua still found that she was somewhat nervous around him.

Wishlist :: [Magic: Earth x Shock | Can infuse rocks with electricity to create permanent light sources from them]
Denial 1, Denial 2

Kahlua

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Helovian Ancient
Admin

The GOD of the EARTH

The first to arrive was known by the name of Note, and he was indeed an oddity. The Earth God watched curiously as the mortal grew near, desire in his heart - but not for anything the god could give him. Note was silent, awestruck - as most were, at first - but eventually, he managed to voice his thoughts. The God of the Earth shook his great head slowly, forelock tumbling over a gentle eye as he did so. "I can tell you only that she remains in this land, Note. I cannot track every mortal in this realm." His voice was almost apologetic, a deep, rolling thunder over the plains. He smiled. "But I am sure that you will be reunited, one day. Do not give up hope."

The next newcomer, a young mare, approached with a bit more spunk. She seemed afraid, or nervous, but she spoke anyway, offering him a solemn bow. "You may repay your debt by living your life to the fullest, my daughter. You need not thank me." But she was not finished. She asked for a feather, of all things! He chuckled, surprised and a bit impressed by her courage (for he was too kind to think it stupidity - like as not, his brother, the Sun, would have fried her where she stood). "My dear, your bravery is a treasure." He lifted a wing, extending it into the sky. From it, he pulled a long, brown primary that shimmered with the colors of the earth. As he blew softly, allowing it to coast from his lips and settle in her mane, it flashed green. "Guard it well."

There was a comfortable silence for a moment, but it was soon broken by the arrival of another mare. She, too, offered worshipful praises. "I know who you are, Cashmere," he told her with a smile. But she had known that - what he meant to say was that he knew who she was. He knew of her troubles, of her pain. But he also knew of her courage. His intentions showed in his eyes. "Thank you for your kind words. The thistles and grass in this meadow are drawn to me," he added, "as are the three of you, it would seem."

Their peace was interrupted by the newest arrival, an equine stallion with a look of distaste on his maw. The Earth God frowned, but only just; he might have looked as though he chased an errant thought, not as though he disapproved. After all, despite the steed's racism, there was naught the god could do. They were not meant to meddle in the lives of the mortals - at least, not in the sense of supporting or demolishing budding empires. Calling the name of another god, inconsequential in the Earth God's land, was another matter, however. "I might hold my tongue, if I were you, Tyradon," he warned, his voice mild despite the threat that boiled under its surface. "There are those gods less patient than I in this land who might have it out of your head." The God of the Earth was not a violent deity, this was true - but his siblings had no qualms about squashing a mortal who got too big for his breeches.

Kahlua's arrival, at last, was a blessing; the god rather liked the kind-hearted mortal, simple though she may be. He was surprised at her presence, but only for a moment - she served his sister now, and the Goddess of the Moon was not known for her ability to share. "Well met, Kahlua. I see you have done well since our last meeting." With one last glance at Tyradon, the deity stretched his wings upward, then tucked them to his sides. If he wished to tweak the racist stallion's nose a bit, his intentions did not show.

"I would ask you all, in the wake of the dark plague: what is the greatest weakness of character we might find in Helovia? And how do we overcome this weakness to build a greater tomorrow?"

Speech speech speech

You have 72 hours to join. This thread should be treated as a group thread, meaning that your characters are free to interact with one another or ignore one another, as is their nature, but all are gathered together.

If you have not posted a link to your wishlist, please do so at this time.

CREDITS

Note Posts: 183
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15.3hh :: 6 years Buff: NOVICE
Sabel :: Iberian Lynx :: Stormcall bry
[Image: 50f4feb8c0907]

N o t e

The great behemoth of a God before him shook his head. Note was unable to hide his disappointment, though was still grateful for their meeting nonetheless. "I can tell you only that she remains in this land, Note. I cannot track every mortal in this realm." The stallion, a mere mortal to the god, smiled. He was perplexed by the apologetic tone the god's words carried. Why in the world did the Earthly being behave so?
"Thank you. You do the best you can, I - we are more than grateful for all of it," Note continued to smile, a bit of sadness added to his normally dry tone of speech. The stallion had never asked much from the gods, he didn't need to. He was content with what he had and didn't feel the need to rely on beings so busy with their own existence. All the horses of Helovia ever did was ask, beg for magic and companions and information from the gods. What did the gods ask for? Nothing. Asking this much of the god haunted Note with the feeling of being a burden. It was a thought to ponder, though. He just couldn't come up with a good reason for the gods to put up with his species.
"But I am sure that you will be reunited, one day. Do not give up hope." Note bowed his head at this, ignoring the horses approaching in the distance. He lifted it only when the God was back to addressing the strange rag-tag group he had accumulated.
"I would ask you all, in the wake of the dark plague: what is the greatest weakness of character we might find in Helovia? And how do we overcome this weakness to build a greater tomorrow?"
Note was silent for a moment once again, his sharp green gaze fixated upon the God. "Resentment, my lord, is our weakness. We hate, we kill. It is in our nature to do so, to compete for a greater status or the lives of others," a soft sigh left the stallion's ashen lips.
"I don't believe we can be saved from ourselves." Note was tempted to add, 'Consider any efforts you put forward to be valiant, but failure futile.' Seemed a bit disrespectful to say to such a hopeful god, though.
With that, Note casted the God once last smile, once again ignoring the rest of the crowd. The stallion turned away, moving towards the Edge, his new home. His new life.
He would meet Skysong again one day. It might be a glorious reunion he looked forward to, but Note had other issues to attend to at the moment. Life goes on, sometimes you lose people, but there is always a future. There was a future for him.

--

& Note's out!

[Image: 52f3087fe3a26]
"The thought made Note's heart ache, but that's what love is. You don't care if the other person hates you or rejects you or anything of the sort because you just want to see them be happy."
pixel by tamme

tag me in all threads & replies!

Tyradon Posts: 106
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2 :: 14 Buff: NOVICE
Cynder :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath Snow

The group is complete with the arrival of Kahlua, the equine mare he met in the Threshold. He allows his leering, lazy gaze to rove across her body, noting every sumptous curve of her form - she would make a fine addition to the Regime. He only drags his lustful gaze from her when the hybrid creature speaks, and his ears lace into his tangled mane as the creature addresses him by name. Perhaps he really is a god, he muses. He isn't intentionally speaking to Cynder, but she responds anyway - Has horns, not god, she says, her childish voice a solemn reminder of quite what Tyradon thinks of hybrid scum. The god threatens him, and the hellion's steel gaze flashes with contained rage. I'd like to see them try, he itches to shout - he bites back his sharp retort with difficulty.

He is not a fool, to anger the gods.

But nor is he a craven coward, to bite his tongue for fear of retribution.

"Where are these other vengeful gods, then?" he rumbles, deafening voice pouring free from clenched yellow teeth. His tones are neutral, but his silver gaze still flashes. The creature asks of weakness of character, and the hellhound quirks a scarred brow. That is obvious - the fact Helovia is infected, with the horned and winged abominations. Tyradon would truly be unsurprised if they were the reason for the darkness. A pegasus stallion speaks, and the beast wrinkles a lip - he thinks resentment is a weakness? Damned fool. "You are wrong," he declares, baritone voice cold and punctuated by Cynder's low growl. "Weakness is how barely any Helovians are willing to grasp power with both hands - they are content to leave the hard work to others, to simply follow. They are not proactive - that is why the darkness could take control, because none had the balls to prevent it." Had Tyradon entered Helovia a few months earlier, he would have been the first to find a way to destroy the darkness, because he is not the sort to sit idly by and watch as others do the dirty work.

"This will not be overcome by seeking peace, by gathering round a fire singing kumbaya. Only idealists think peace is possible through words - only naiive idealists think it can be achieved through anything other than blood and sweat. Helovia is devoid of true leaders, of those with the conviction to fight for what they believe in - that is our weakness, God." He speaks with the conviction and passion of a man who believes what he says; who sees it as gospel.

WHEN THE LIGHTS FADE OUT, ALL THE SINNERS CRAWL

[ we are made of greed ]
[ the regime ]

Aurelia Posts: 307
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 7 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
baylee
ooc:; My Wishlist!

My heart flutters in my chest as I stand still, watching horses gather and speak. They all have something to say, I do not here any complaints. A good thing, by my understanding. Perhaps, the God of the Earth has satisfied our needs with his mere presence. I here myself gulps as everything turns to silence and this large God begins his talking. I listen closely, my gaze pinned on him in a content way. I am interested and awed by this god. His design is unique, but I've seen it before.

I realize why Kahlua said Hototo. This god is of a very similar design. Perhaps too similar. I wanted ask questions about that, but I held my tongue, for when the God of the Earth speaks, all should be quiet and listen. Then, after he talks to the stallion by the name of Note, he speaks directly to me.

I swear... I am about to fall over and pass out.

"You may repay your debt by living your life to the fullest, my daughter. You need not thank me." I offer him a large grin, I am more content then ever this very moment. I wish I could follow this stallion around everywhere and just awe at his glory. This God is wise, much more wise than many horses I have met. I wish I could be that wise, but wisdom usually comes with age. If the God of the Earth is immortal, he's been here for a while and has had the ability to learn all sorts of new things along the way. "My dear, your bravery is a treasure." In that moment, I could have bounced around and pranced towards him and hugged him. I'd never been complimented so forwardly, and it made me happy and nervous at the same time. I show my joy with a smile, but also by nickering once softly. Then, he lifts his wing and pulls a feather from it. It glints green and I am so surprised. Is he really going to give it to me?

He is.

He blows softly on it and it dances towards me before settling nicely into my mane. "Guard it well." I nod my head, admiring the new decoration in my mane. "What if someone steals it? Would you be disappointed in me, Earth King?" My head cocks slightly to the side, my ivory forelock falling off the bridge of my nose and covering my right eye. "Would you want me to start a brawl and fight for it? Or perhaps steal it back?" or turn the other cheek, God? I wanted to add. I didn't want to disappoint him, but I cannot help it if someone steals it during a fight, invasion, or even while I'm sleeping.

After a few moments of him talking to other horses, he asks a general question to us. "I would ask you all, in the wake of the dark plague: what is the greatest weakness of character we might find in Helovia? And how do we overcome this weakness to build a greater tomorrow?" Opinions are shared from two horses, the second one being particularly rude. That needs to be fixed. "There are no wrong answers. Opinions cannot be wrong. Not everyone is suited to be Queen or King, Sultan or Sultana, Czar or Czarina. If they were, there would be no one to guide, to rule, to teach." My voice honest, steady, and powerful. I'd like to see him argue me. There is no good argument for this topic, as that is his opinion and this is mine. This stallion seems arrogant and rude. "Sometimes it's better to picture the lake half full, instead of empty, boy." I whisper softly to myself, maybe he would hear, maybe he wouldn't hear.

Now, my opinion.

"Helovia has gone through a lot. Invasions, deaths, wraiths, burnt forests, new leads, and much more. These are all trials, obstacles, and tests. Tests can be quite scary for some horses. Only few can slush through these tests and even fewer can be happy through them. My friend, Africa, has lost her wing, but that didn't stop her from being happy. I believe the horses of Helovia can be greedy and arrogant." I pause and shoot a glance at the black stallion. "Helovia crumbles a little everyday from horses taking advantage of the little treasures in life. I cannot express my distaste for horses that ask and ask and ask, receive and receive, but never give." Allowing my lungs to fill with a shaky breath, I straighten my head, and flick my head softly, allowing my forelock to be put back in the center of my head. "We can fix Helovia, by having more grateful horses, like my friend."

I look for eye contact, to show my extreme dedication. Will he think me to be childish?

Success isn't the result of spontaneous combustion.

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin
A smile and another deep bow her head accompanied the overo's voice in response to Father Earth. “The gods have been kind to me,” was what she chose in the end, thoroughly believing in the powers that be. Unfortunately, she actually knew little of their tempers. Would her Lady Moon be angered at her bowing to Father Earth? Perhaps, but Kahlua assumed their relationship was as harmonious as she wished Helovia was. But what had been a gentle smile on her face quickly turned to a frown at the God's question as she tried her very best to make what she could of the words.

Honestly, it took her a long time, and she was more than glad that others spoke up first, as their words helped her realize the true meaning of the question. Simple Kahlua, but at least she was kind. That much could not be said for Tyradon, whose words made her shift uncomfortably. At least the two that she knew to be of her harem, Note and Aurelia, had found words more befitting disciples of the Qian. She did not know where they had come from, but she was certainly glad to have them.

When Aurelia finished speaking and Kahlua had extend her nose, trying to touch the mare's shoulder if she would let her, it seemed that it was the Queen's turn. It took her a few seconds longer, but suddenly an idea came to her and her brightened eyes looked bravely toward the god's. “I think our greatest weakness is that we don't forgive one another.” How many times had she fallen victim to that very weakness? “I didn't forgive Torleik for trespassing on the Edge's lands and I nearly lost one of my dearest friends for it, but forgiving him has given me a mission in life. I didn't forgive Farenjer for attacking me when the Basin invaded and I had nightmares of him all the time, but we've become friends.” She stopped giving out her personal experiences because there were too many more instances to name. Mauja, for example.

“When I finally forgave them, good things happened. We need to remember that other's have feelings too, not just ourselves.” After all, hadn't Farenjer felt the same terror at the fight that she had? “Their feelings might be very similar to our own and we'll never even know it unless we talk to them instead of accusing them.” She wasn't exactly sure she'd answered the question entirely right, but maybe Aurelia was correct. It was an opinion, there were no right or wrong answers.

Kahlua

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Cashmere Posts: 115
Up For Adoption atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: 5 (Orangemoon) HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
Not terribly many have gathered here in the presence of the God of the Earth. Boy.. they're missing out! Two more arrived after me. One stallion, full of arrogance, disrespect, and I suspected ignorance. A mare arrived, seemingly innocent and cheerful. It was a small gathering, but in that way it was also intimate. -There's potential, except for the grumpy ass stallion.- I don't want to admit that I agree with her, but she can sense my acquiescence. I listen to the Earth God and his wisdom. He knows who I am? I see the comment at face value, but something inside me senses that he means more than that... seems to know exactly what he means. The Voice hisses at him, and I feel her trying to propel me forward, to lash out at the thing that recognizes her. I do not understand her desire for violence toward the God. With effort, I remain still, begging her to be calm. Beads of sweat form on my dappled hide, matting down the winter hairs that warm me in the frost. The Earth God asks us a question. What is our weakness in Helovia, and what shall we do to overcome it? Each present offers his or her opinion. The others provide reasonable answers.. except for the one called Tyradon. He is disrespectful to a point my jaw drops in shock. Disrepectful, hateful. The Voice seethes inside me, apparently incensed by his comments as well. I pin my ears and bare my teeth at him, pawing at the ground, but say nothing. I am a friendly soul, caring, and wishing for all the joy in the world. But at this moment, I can say with certainty: Tyradon is one ginormous, hairy, constipated asshole. The Voice goes quiet, impressed with my venom, so out of character for me. I snort at him, and after a few moments, resume my more pleasant demeanor. I look up at the God, already knowing my answer to his question. In my chest, I feel tightness and tension, knowing that my answer conflicts with the attitude I just presented, and I feel no small amount of shame. In my mind, I can feel the Voice rolling her eyes at me.

"Oh venerable one, I believe the havoc brought upon Helovia was due to discord. I entered only during the darkness, but from what I understand, there was much fighting and hatred. To heal from this, we must seek to reconcile our differences and forge friendships and bonds anew."

Friendships... All I really want is acceptance and love.

how I walk
"how I talk"
how I think
-how She talks to me-

Table by Lauren || IMAGE CREDITS
[Image: cashmere_by_lainey_lou-d73bbjq.png]
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Silk excluding dismemberment and death.

Helovian Ancient
Admin

The GOD of the EARTH

The God of the Earth listened to Note's thanks and offered a kind smile in return. The winged stallion was wasted in the Goddess's land - Note's personality was much too similar to the Earth King's to serve the devious Moon - but alas, the deity was not one to hoarde his followers or become jealous over their herd affiliations, and so he kept his thoughts to himself. His attention turned to Aurelia, to whom he granted a feather from his great wings; she looked momentarily faint, and then frightened. The Earth King merely laughs: "Do not fret so, child. It is yours now; do with it as you will. Should it be stolen, it is your decision what to do. Take it back if you will, or bequeath it to another, should you deem them worthy. I am not a wrathful god." He hoped that she would hold the feather near and dear to her heart (it was, after all, a rather special gift). He rather thought that she would.

Tyradon was the next to arrive, in all his hateful glory, and his challenges did not cease even with the veiled threat of other, more easy to anger beings. "They are my siblings," the god answered patiently, peering at the stallion with something akin to curiosity. It was not every day that even a god met such a vehemently angry mortal. The Earth God should like very much to see the equine and the Sun God in the same meadow sometime. The thought brought a slight smile to his maw - he hoped the expression would disquiet the steed - and turned his attention to Kahlua. Their interaction was brief, yet she was ever lovely and kind. He wondered what had happened in their young lives that the two equines were so very different in adulthood.

Note was the first to answer the god's question, but he left soon after. The god knew that he had not soothed Note's worries, but he would have to leave it be; after all, mortals had been placed in this world to make their own choices, to walk their own paths. It would not do for him to interfere so very much as to reunite a father with a daughter who may not want to be found. The disdainful stallion Tyradon was the next to speak, spitting words of contempt at the god, who merely quirked an eyebrow at him. "That is, perhaps, one way to see it," he said cryptically, then turned to Aurelia, who was quick to attempt to put the stallion in his place. Though the god could commend her bravery, he might caution her against provoking a larger, meaner stallion than she was prepared to deal with. To her, he nodded. "A little thanks goes a long way, Aurelia, you are correct about that."

Kahlua joined in, offering her own stories and experiences. The Earth God was surprised to find that she had fallen victim to hatred, not unlike Tyradon's. "It is good that you have realized the mistake, Kahlua. It takes a certain kind of bravery to admit that," he told her, approval in his tone. And finally, to Cashmere: "Hatred can be devastating, it is true; but there were many alliances forged from mutual dislike. Is that entirely a bad thing?" He hoped that they would all ruminate on the question, on their answers, that they would look deep within their own hearts and strive to grow.

He was silent for a moment, pondering his choice.

To Tyradon, he said: "Tyradon, you do not respect my power. Perhaps, if provided evidence, you will respect the gods as we should be respected, whether you like us or not. Walk among those you deem lesser than yourself. When you have spoken with a unicorn, a pegasus, and an individual of mixed heritage, come to pray at the Veins of the Gods, and what you seek will be yours."

To Cashmere, he said: "Go forth from here and visit the three herd lands other than your own. Meet their crafters, and study their work. When you have completed this task, pray at the Veins of the Gods, and I will grant you your wish."

To the others, he smiled. "You have all been good company on this fine day. You have my blessing, and I do hope to meet you all again." There was a soft rumble as the plants around his hooves grew and bloomed and blossomed faster than ever, until they seemed to swallow him whole; and then he had sunk into the ground, as though he had never been there in the first place.

Speech speech speech

Congratulations, Cashmere and Tyradon! You have won this quest drop.

Tyradon must befriend on unicorn, one pegasus, and one of mixed heritage. This does not have to be a lasting friendship, but he must be able to tell the God of the Earth about them.

Cashmere must learn from the crafters of the three herds of which she is not a part. She must be able to describe their crafts, and what she learns from them.

Good luck!

CREDITS