the Rift

[DROP] Returning To The Light

Aurelia Posts: 307
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 7 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
baylee
ooc:; My Wishlist!

My heart flutters in my chest as I stand still, watching horses gather and speak. They all have something to say, I do not here any complaints. A good thing, by my understanding. Perhaps, the God of the Earth has satisfied our needs with his mere presence. I here myself gulps as everything turns to silence and this large God begins his talking. I listen closely, my gaze pinned on him in a content way. I am interested and awed by this god. His design is unique, but I've seen it before.

I realize why Kahlua said Hototo. This god is of a very similar design. Perhaps too similar. I wanted ask questions about that, but I held my tongue, for when the God of the Earth speaks, all should be quiet and listen. Then, after he talks to the stallion by the name of Note, he speaks directly to me.

I swear... I am about to fall over and pass out.

"You may repay your debt by living your life to the fullest, my daughter. You need not thank me." I offer him a large grin, I am more content then ever this very moment. I wish I could follow this stallion around everywhere and just awe at his glory. This God is wise, much more wise than many horses I have met. I wish I could be that wise, but wisdom usually comes with age. If the God of the Earth is immortal, he's been here for a while and has had the ability to learn all sorts of new things along the way. "My dear, your bravery is a treasure." In that moment, I could have bounced around and pranced towards him and hugged him. I'd never been complimented so forwardly, and it made me happy and nervous at the same time. I show my joy with a smile, but also by nickering once softly. Then, he lifts his wing and pulls a feather from it. It glints green and I am so surprised. Is he really going to give it to me?

He is.

He blows softly on it and it dances towards me before settling nicely into my mane. "Guard it well." I nod my head, admiring the new decoration in my mane. "What if someone steals it? Would you be disappointed in me, Earth King?" My head cocks slightly to the side, my ivory forelock falling off the bridge of my nose and covering my right eye. "Would you want me to start a brawl and fight for it? Or perhaps steal it back?" or turn the other cheek, God? I wanted to add. I didn't want to disappoint him, but I cannot help it if someone steals it during a fight, invasion, or even while I'm sleeping.

After a few moments of him talking to other horses, he asks a general question to us. "I would ask you all, in the wake of the dark plague: what is the greatest weakness of character we might find in Helovia? And how do we overcome this weakness to build a greater tomorrow?" Opinions are shared from two horses, the second one being particularly rude. That needs to be fixed. "There are no wrong answers. Opinions cannot be wrong. Not everyone is suited to be Queen or King, Sultan or Sultana, Czar or Czarina. If they were, there would be no one to guide, to rule, to teach." My voice honest, steady, and powerful. I'd like to see him argue me. There is no good argument for this topic, as that is his opinion and this is mine. This stallion seems arrogant and rude. "Sometimes it's better to picture the lake half full, instead of empty, boy." I whisper softly to myself, maybe he would hear, maybe he wouldn't hear.

Now, my opinion.

"Helovia has gone through a lot. Invasions, deaths, wraiths, burnt forests, new leads, and much more. These are all trials, obstacles, and tests. Tests can be quite scary for some horses. Only few can slush through these tests and even fewer can be happy through them. My friend, Africa, has lost her wing, but that didn't stop her from being happy. I believe the horses of Helovia can be greedy and arrogant." I pause and shoot a glance at the black stallion. "Helovia crumbles a little everyday from horses taking advantage of the little treasures in life. I cannot express my distaste for horses that ask and ask and ask, receive and receive, but never give." Allowing my lungs to fill with a shaky breath, I straighten my head, and flick my head softly, allowing my forelock to be put back in the center of my head. "We can fix Helovia, by having more grateful horses, like my friend."

I look for eye contact, to show my extreme dedication. Will he think me to be childish?

Success isn't the result of spontaneous combustion.

Messages In This Thread
Returning To The Light - by God of the Earth - 03-09-2014, 10:42 PM
RE: Returning To The Light - by Note - 03-09-2014, 11:27 PM
RE: Returning To The Light - by Note - 03-16-2014, 02:41 AM
RE: Returning To The Light - by Aurelia - 03-09-2014, 11:32 PM
RE: Returning To The Light - by Cashmere - 03-10-2014, 12:19 AM
RE: Returning To The Light - by Tyradon - 03-10-2014, 07:38 AM
RE: Returning To The Light - by Kahlua - 03-10-2014, 10:02 PM
RE: Returning To The Light - by God of the Earth - 03-14-2014, 11:29 PM
RE: Returning To The Light - by Tyradon - 03-16-2014, 05:17 PM
RE: Returning To The Light - by Aurelia - 03-16-2014, 09:29 PM
RE: Returning To The Light - by Kahlua - 03-16-2014, 09:50 PM