the Rift

[OPEN] Skinny Dipping

Morana Posts: 37
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15 :: 5 Buff: NOVICE
Candy

Perhaps it was because my legs were already numb to the winter’s cold grip, that I remained standing- wading into this endless blue ocean. Having been over excited, I didn’t notice the winged shadow upon the horizon as I gazed into the glittering waters, their waves dancing below a painted sky, pastel smears of magenta and gold. It was a true sight to be seen, and the sound of the waves crashing against the shore was as if the earth was breathing- it’s beating heart pounding against the shore.

Listen. I am, isn’t it beautiful? Listen, someone’s coming Lobes of rustic autumn pivoted upon my dual toned visage, iced pools searching for the source of what sounded like drums in the distance. Wings made to slice through the air, and then like magic a shadow formed before me, blocking out the sunlight and cascading a shadow over my face.

Before me, with all his mightiness; hovered the Pegasus stallion, shadowed to his features, I couldn’t make much detail to his appearance other than his massive wings, and a prowling creature upon his shoulders. I wasn’t startled, per say- but I didn’t want to be caught so vulnerable, and standing in this numbing water wasn’t the best of places to be caught standing, then again unless he wanted to be cold, he wouldn’t dare touch the water as well, and get those precious wings wet.

A muffled meow echoed in my lobes as I lifted my head, slowly backing up out of the ocean. Eyes narrowed gazing into the sunlight trying to get a better glimpse of who was addressing me. Note His voice staggered, almost as if he was unsure of how to say hello. Sable, his motions pointed to the feline upon his shoulders, decent sized lynx- I have seen them before. And normally, they were not tolerated, a dangerous creature.

I could feel the cold water running down my legs now, even colder as the winter breeze wrapped around me like a frost bitten towel. It was much warmer in the water, it was numbing, where you couldn’t feel the cold. Slightly irritated and the coldness creeping over my legs as they started to shake, I forced a confused smile upon my lips. ”He-h-Hello.” I sounded like a jumbling idiot, lips quivering as I reversed more upon the slushy sands. How is it just a moment ago, I felt fine? Frozen and numb, but my body didn’t quiver, nor shake. And now, I was trembling like a newborn filly standing for the first time. I wanted nothing more than to lay down, to warm my legs, but that wasn’t happening. Not with a stranger around.

”I um.” Fuck it all I can’t even say an entire sentence. I didn’t even know what to say to his question. Never seen it. I cringed, doing the best to get my trembling legs in order. Before, the ocean? Finished, stepping back once more and shaking myself free of moisture. Refreshed, and my coat pristine, soaked and shining against the sun. What little warmth from the sun was such a comfort to my cold skin. Forgetting Something? Fuck. My attention snaps back to the Pegasus and his feline companion as I shiver and give a friendly smile, no matter how hard it was. ”I’m Morana.” My voice soft, as I hoped he would land soon. The cold air bursting from his wings wasn’t very pleasant.

My eyes of silver resting upon his emerald gaze, perhaps she did look a little crazy standing in the ocean in the dead of winter. But its beauty was captivating. ”I needed a bath.” I motioned to the sunset, the light rippling over the ocean. I was filthy, coated in mud and dust before stepping into the oceans roar. Now, I was frozen- but spotless! Nape arched as I moved, turning slightly to the right as my blood-tear pendant bounced upon my breast. I couldn’t help, but wonder what he wanted with me, was he being friendly? Or was this leading somewhere else?

Tags: @[Note]
Words: 686
oOc: I love Note. <3
Normal Speech
Mother's Voice.
Response to mother.
Table coded by Abba

Messages In This Thread
Skinny Dipping - by Morana - 03-11-2014, 04:08 AM
RE: Skinny Dipping - by Note - 03-13-2014, 04:51 PM
RE: Skinny Dipping - by Note - 03-16-2014, 10:57 PM
RE: Skinny Dipping - by Note - 03-17-2014, 11:39 PM