the Rift

[OPEN] Skinny Dipping

Note Posts: 183
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15.3hh :: 6 years Buff: NOVICE
Sabel :: Iberian Lynx :: Stormcall bry
[Image: 50ceb46754fc8]

”He-h-Hello.” The strange mare was just as flustered as he was. Two socially awkward beings don't cancel each other out, they just make the situation worse. Unless they're awkward in the same ways, that's a different story. Then they go on to parade in their acceptance of their existence. Happy endings for everyone.
But it didn't look like Note and this mare were the same awkward. They were uncertain, wary of each other, but maybe not because of the same reasons. The mare backed up, away from him. He wasn't trying to scare her away...or maybe she was just getting out of the water. He would too. Actually, he wouldn't have gotten in the water in the first place.
The mare continued to back up until she was out of the water, stringing along a jumble of words that were barely coherent to the stallion.
”I um. Never seen it. Before, the ocean?" Was what Note could tell she had said. The dusty bay laughed softly at the mare's stuttering, long dark gray tail dipping in the water. The mare shook her coat, glistening droplets of water falling from her coat. She was a spectacular sight when wet at least. All horses were; weren't they?
"Cold got your tongue?" Note teased, smirking playfully. "Ocean's better in the summer."
It was then Note noticed the mare's legs shaking, from the cold no doubt. Poor girl. Shouldn't have gotten in the water.
”I’m Morana."
Pretty. She was being friendly enough. His flapping was probably not helping her situation. Note raised himself farther into the air until he could dive towards the sand, Sabel rushing to grab his mane. He landed with a soft thud before Morana, lips barely upturned in a smile. The bay was good at many things, but displaying emotion did happen to be one.
”I needed a bath.” the mare explained, motioning towards the sunset. Note lifted his head, giving her a slow nod.
"I'm pretty sure there are warmer places to bathe, Morana," Note smiled, Sabel pulling her claws from her bonded's mane to stand upon his back, sightless eyes finding the mare. 'Show her to me,' the cat demanded, claws slowly digging into his think skin. The stallion obliged, showing the lynx what she desired.
'Help her, she cold,' Sabel gasped through the bond, concern filling every syllable. 'How? With lightning? Fake fire?' Note snapped, emotionless on the outside. 'Figure it out - not my problem,' Sabel stuck her head up, sitting down just behind Note's withers.
Note sighed, sharp green gaze flickering up to Morana's silver one. He extended his wings towards her, the lengthy appendages not fully pulled out. They were large enough to easily cover the mare.
"C'mere, you're going to freeze," Note said, trying to sound borderline concerned. He couldn't believe he was even offering to do this. It wasn't something he did a whole lot. Hell, he couldn't even remember offering Soh such a thing, or his daughter in the unfortunately brief time they had spent together.
But he was offering a bit of warmth, his own embrace, to this stranger. Perhaps it would be a new attribute of his. Pity on the needy. Caring. Something like that. He just prayed he wouldn't be taken advantage of for being...dare he say it: nice.

--

ooc; @[Morana] ehehe thank you, I'm glad! I love Morana - and the fact her mom is in her head, it's really cool :D

[Image: 52f3087fe3a26]
"The thought made Note's heart ache, but that's what love is. You don't care if the other person hates you or rejects you or anything of the sort because you just want to see them be happy."
pixel by tamme

tag me in all threads & replies!

Messages In This Thread
Skinny Dipping - by Morana - 03-11-2014, 04:08 AM
RE: Skinny Dipping - by Note - 03-13-2014, 04:51 PM
RE: Skinny Dipping - by Note - 03-16-2014, 10:57 PM
RE: Skinny Dipping - by Note - 03-17-2014, 11:39 PM
RE: Skinny Dipping - by Note - 03-18-2014, 07:39 PM
RE: Skinny Dipping - by Note - 04-08-2014, 11:25 PM
RE: Skinny Dipping - by Morana - 03-16-2014, 09:10 PM
RE: Skinny Dipping - by Morana - 03-17-2014, 03:21 AM
RE: Skinny Dipping - by Morana - 03-18-2014, 01:24 AM