the Rift

[OPEN] Skinny Dipping

Morana Posts: 37
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15 :: 5 Buff: NOVICE
Candy

Such a lovely situation I have backed myself into, on a feral beach with a huge body of water that I’ve never seen before. And now, a stranger hovers before me with some strange feline griping his withers. Lobes of rose-rock hue lazed back to the sides as I trembled almost uncontrollably. Unable to speaking smoothly due to chattering teeth, velvet lips curved into a trembling smile. Such a fool, what was I thinking walking into this ocean of blue in the dead of winter? You’ve survived worse, not your first time jumping into ice water. Ah yes, of course you would mention the fact of my child hood, jumping into a puddle- or what I thought was a puddle, that turned out to be a random mini-lake in the middle of our meadow, yeah it ended with me nose deep in ice water; Brilliant.

As the stallion that calls himself Note, laughs at my shivering my smile fades into a frown, as sheer embarrassment, or rather what I would consider them to take such emotions, is this what it felt like to be humiliated? Cold got your tongue? Why you don’t say, pretty boy. I avoid rolling my eyes to his statement of the obvious, as lobes prick forth in a friendlier manner. As he spoke of the ocean, I couldn’t resist gazing back to all its massive glory. The thought of summer, and the heat against my skin made me shudder, how I missed it already. The summer that is; bathing in the warmth of the suns radiation, makes the skin sleek, smooth- no more thick un-even winter coat.

Pools never left the winged stallion as he moved to the beach, landing with talent, softly upon the tan sand. I couldn’t help but utter a laugh to the expression on his face, what was that curled up lip thing? I had seen others do it before, and it just makes them look rather ridiculous. Though his following statement was probably true, finding those places was rather hard. I had yet to find any hot springs; any place with warm liquids, though it would be nice right about now.

I let my gaze slip down his neck and to the pretty companion that sat upon his shoulders, normally creatures and I didn’t get along to well, but felines never seemed to be bothered by my company. I offered a gentle wicker, perhaps in a small hello to his bonded feline Sabel. Another chill creeps upon my spine, as I collect my legs under me, standing stiff as if frozen upon the beach, and what the stallion was doing now, was a shock- even to me of all emotionless things to walk the earth.

I could only imagine what my facial expression appeared to be, as his wings outstretched I refrained from rearing up upon my trembling legs. I hesitated and remained frozen as his voice lured me to remain motionless, though my mind was screaming for me to move, to lunge out of his reach, to kick or strike out with open jaws to taste his chocolate flesh. But no, I simply curved my nape and moved closer to the stag as he pulled his wing around me and my bodice pressed against his. He felt.. dry, warm. As awkward as this is- was this normal? Was this, how they showed… affection? It must be so, for the last time anyone alive that managed to wrap me with their wings embrace was my blood mother, and even my guardian mother.

Honestly, I was confused on what to say, or how to act. So I just leaned into him, the wetness of my coat mingling with his dry dusty one. Rather confused on this whole situation, I savored the warmth radiating from his chest; my shivers fading away and was not as violent as before. This was true kindness, to reach out and touch someone you hardly know, while we shuddering in the dark, wet and alone. ”Thank you.”I managed to say finally, two words I haven’t spoken in.. I can’t remember when the last time I used them. And for a moment, I wondered about this new found emotion I was trying my best to adjust too. I wondered, if this stallion would change his mind about my lovely image, should he know my dark history of blood and murder. I was not shameful, but being the captor of the biggest secret in history can weigh on your shoulders a bit.

Don’t get lost in the boys touch. Lobes fell back against my painted crown as the words of my mother ring forth. I’m just standing here. I taunted her within my mind, pressing my shoulder closer to the stallion, icy pools turning to gaze into his with a gentle smile. Little does he know, what serpent he wrapped his wings around. As the sun began to sink into the ocean, the sky turned a glittering purple, alight with stars and huffs of scattered clouds. ”You have nice wings” I said almost quietly, doing best to keep close to his warmth, savoring the touch of another that I have not yet felt in so very long. I was envious of the Pegasus and Unicorn, why couldn’t I have been so lucky to be blemished with such appendages?

Tags: @[Note]
Words: 894
oOc: Shes never been hugged on before. XD Epic.
Normal Speech
Mother's Voice.
Response to mother.
Table coded by Abba

Messages In This Thread
Skinny Dipping - by Morana - 03-11-2014, 04:08 AM
RE: Skinny Dipping - by Note - 03-13-2014, 04:51 PM
RE: Skinny Dipping - by Note - 03-16-2014, 10:57 PM
RE: Skinny Dipping - by Note - 03-17-2014, 11:39 PM
RE: Skinny Dipping - by Note - 03-18-2014, 07:39 PM
RE: Skinny Dipping - by Note - 04-08-2014, 11:25 PM
RE: Skinny Dipping - by Morana - 03-16-2014, 09:10 PM