the Rift

[OPEN] Nothing Gleams Underground

Marco Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
I followed the emptiness laid in store for me. I had no destination in mind. I thought of the nostalgic glistening in the back of my thoughts and memories where my brain would flourish in bustling cheerfully as always. How us equines functioned so thoroughly and not was something that rarely came up as a question as I quietly hummed an old lullaby my old female friend had in the days where happiness lurked in the peaceful terrain. It was truly peaceful. Too peaceful for one to dwell and fixate upon for too long; especially for the handsome colts sprouting from gangly foals to aging adults about to reach the life of a stallion. Nonetheless, I would dwell on my thoughts as if I were but a filly with a dainty face sloped like an Arabian's. But it was mildly different from what acceptance I received by mare and stallion alike, even if I had endured some unpleasantness in the depths of the sanctuary.

It was another question that piqued my mindset today: What would it take to accept another? My family loomed over the herd with mild discrimination against some, and none against others. It was a bizarre lifestyle to be raised in, but the foals - my friends and I - knew best than to question the leaderships stumbling and picking itself back up again, like a wounded hero rising against the odds of pain coursing through their body. Except the leadership wasn't anything heroic or admirable by many. I assumed, but I judged too quickly.

My legs led me to the nostalgic area where the watery depths reminded me of those fond memories; the thought of my acquaintance, no, friend elated my emotions. However, I wasn't alone, again, in the rocky surface of the pool and the rocks glued together and by miracle, it held together with only a crevice for light to peek through. I peered towards the company: two scents collided with each other as my nostrils caught a whiff of them, extending to allow more to inspect from that safe distance. Both foreign, and it only meant to stay on guard while making the good first impressions as I recited constantly to myself before.

What surprised me was the mare's usual coat color, and not to mention, the hair replaced by flames licking the oxygen and her body. A winged lizard - a dragon, perhaps? - floated against her withers with a sort of expression I could hardly understand. It almost reminded me of those avian companions with the equines I had met before, but this wasn't anything I expected with her. I continued to say nothing as my eyes drifted towards the large draft nearby. A male; by guess. A large one where I secretly envied his height compared to my petite size. Although, I wondered if I had missed a commotion by the mare's words when my arrival was belated.

Small ears flicked forward with genuine interest. Staring blankly wouldn't do any good so I uttered, "Hello there! I hope I'm not interrupting anything." I grinned towards the both of them with hopes this would end on good terms.

Messages In This Thread
Nothing Gleams Underground - by Dragomir - 03-11-2014, 06:20 PM
RE: Nothing Gleams Underground - by Adele - 03-11-2014, 07:48 PM
RE: Nothing Gleams Underground - by Adele - 03-14-2014, 04:48 PM
RE: Nothing Gleams Underground - by Adele - 03-31-2014, 11:25 PM
RE: Nothing Gleams Underground - by Marco - 03-13-2014, 05:20 PM
RE: Nothing Gleams Underground - by Dragomir - 03-13-2014, 09:47 PM
RE: Nothing Gleams Underground - by Marco - 03-16-2014, 12:02 PM
RE: Nothing Gleams Underground - by Dragomir - 03-19-2014, 01:38 PM
RE: Nothing Gleams Underground - by Marco - 04-01-2014, 11:39 AM
RE: Nothing Gleams Underground - by Dragomir - 04-03-2014, 01:34 PM