the Rift

[OPEN] Moving Forward

Hamaliel Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Hamaliel
i'm finally broken, falling too far
burned up in pieces from chasing your stars
I’m still not sure how to react to this strange mare, she most definitely isn’t malicious, a bit lost with her head in the clouds, but she is definitely harmless enough. In comparison to the previous company I kept in the caves, this mare is a lovely change. There is no condescension only a childlike joy that I’m almost envious of, for such joy can only come from innocence. She repeats my name to me and I nod my head, to assure her of her correctness. Then she proceeds to comment on my lifestyle, and I can’t help but agree with her. I wasn’t made to be alone, I was made to be with purpose and thrive amongst my celestial brothers and sisters. Yet here I am, alone and broken with nothing to look forward to than a simple day filled with solitary wandering.

“It is,” I say finally, my expression softened from it’s usual blank mask. “Since I’ve come to Helovia I’ve never been more alone in my entire life… But that’s a story far too long to tell and I wouldn’t wish to damper your mood with.” And one I didn’t wish to tell, no one needed to know the extensive tale of my life. Since my fall I’ve found many of my memories blurring and fading, so I’m not sure that I can even tell the tale anymore. Mortal minds have a limited capacity so I’m content with not remembering each detail any longer.

Kahlua answers my questions, and her answers simply leave me feeling all the more intrigued about her as a person. Her question is a simple one to answer in my mind, but I hold back my cynical answer and simply give her a shrug. “Your people must find you to be a good queen then. Few have such a good heart such as yours. Guard it well and never let it fall into darkness. If only the king I had served was kind like you, there wouldn’t be nearly as much blood upon my head if that were the case.”

I contemplate imposing myself upon this queen, but find the words stuck on my tongue. After several seconds I finally force them out. “Is there room for a weary soul like myself within your herd? I’m created for purpose and nomadic life gives me none.”

"blah blah blah"
image credit

Messages In This Thread
Moving Forward - by Hamaliel - 03-11-2014, 06:37 PM
RE: Moving Forward - by Kahlua - 03-13-2014, 09:26 PM
RE: Moving Forward - by Hamaliel - 03-26-2014, 05:32 PM
RE: Moving Forward - by Kahlua - 03-27-2014, 10:39 AM
RE: Moving Forward - by Hamaliel - 04-15-2014, 10:34 PM
RE: Moving Forward - by Kahlua - 04-24-2014, 12:14 AM