the Rift

[OPEN] It's a painful lesson

Morir Posts: 79
Up For Adoption atk: 4.5 | def: 6.5 | dam: 3.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 4 HP: 54 | Buff: NOVICE
Arwydd :: Raven :: None Adoptable

As the season progressed and aged, the sun gradually started to gain effect on the world below. Snow still fell from time to time but between the spells of bad weather the periods of milder weather were growing increasingly frequent, with clear blue skies and golden rays of light that caressed frost-nipped skin with gentle warmth. Not yet springtime, the wildlife was growing inspired none the less and in the wake of darkness and death as illness departed from the lands both birds and beasts were growing more active. Birds chattered and chirped in trees and bushes, shrubs and thickets, winter-coated mammals made hasty expeditions to the surface in search of anything edible, and every now and then a wild chase took place as a fox or hawk made a pass on an unsuspecting victim.

The western shoreline was mostly deserted at this time of year. The harsh winter had left even these waters covered in ice, and while the layer of snow wasn't as thick the icy sands were still hard and slippery to traverse. The crash of waves against rock had become reduced to a mournful cluck of suppressed wrath against the beach where the ice cracked and crumbled, producing a sighing sound of crunching and griding, creaking and whining of ice against ice, snow against water and liquid on sand. The wind was cold as it blew in from the sea, carrying a scent of salt and changing weather.

A shadow stirred in the brightness of the day, a sinister omen lurking amongst the stacking blocks of drift ice. On cloven hooves it roamed the shoreline, surefooted despite the sometimes slippery underlay; the head was held low, nose close to the ground with lips scraping over the rough surface, cracked and numbed from cold and salt, nonsensitive yet persistent. He searched for something amongst the wreckage winter had deposited on the beach, using touch and taste and scent as substitute for a sight he had never possessed - and for each hour that passed without success the mood of the giant grew increasingly foul.

@[Cealestis]
What if I say I will never surrender?

BackgroundLabs.com

♦ Please tag Morir in all replies! 

Cealestis Posts: 50
Hidden Falls Genetrix I atk: 5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 HH :: 11 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Skýlos :: Pit Bull :: None Bunnie
I drift along the sea, my belly illuminated by the refracting blue light of the waters below, the wind capturing mane and wake alike to spray them against the subtle robin’s egg tint of the sky. Broad and hungry for the breeze, my wings hold my bulk in the heavens, drifting and beating as I follow the line of the water devouring the land; Skýlos runs beneath me, her speed gaining with each daily run, the young muscles that cover her body developing along with her bones at such a rate that she generally wakes taller than when she had lain down.

The dog sleeps far more than I do; I have spent many hours guarding her while she dozes, her white tipped paws flailing at the air as if she chases some specter through her dreams. We are here this afternoon because she has finally roused herself enough to wish to play – and I have no such patience for her sharp teeth or raucous barking. This way, we both can enjoy the light sun of the winter afternoon and she will sleep again for another few hours before I can continue on with my searching for women that are apparently not in this land.

I feel a tug of heavy curiosity below me, a strange sensation that twists my emotional responses against my will and forces my eyes to whatever it is that Skýlos is now barking at. A dark silhouette stands on the beach, too many horns atop his head for me to bother counting them, and my dog is hauling at top speeds towards him, her ears lifted in good humor and pink tongue lolling out across her white and vicious little ivories in between her sharp and playful barks.

A sigh escapes me, a gentle push of my own emotional responses to the idiocy of puppies reaching out towards the joyously bounding pup below, and she comes to a sliding stop amidst a cloud of spraying sand and dust as I circle lower to the beach. Pulling my wings to my sides and angling my forelimbs towards the earth, I descend to the ground with all the grace I have been bred for, cloven hooves absorbing the already sand-dulled shock of the impact and long, lion’s tail wrapping about my frame for balance.

I’ve placed myself between my twit of a companion and the dark stranger, proud features rising to watch his wandering down the shore with disinterested light so long as he leaves myself and my dog be; after all, he is a male, and one without wings. He is not worthy of attempts at conversation so long as I can persuade the puppy to turn back down the opposite way of the beach.

Cealestis
Magic/physical violence allowed to be used upon Cealestis at any time, so long as it does not kill or seriously maim her without my permission.