the Rift

[PRIVATE] vampire science [meeting]

Tyradon Posts: 106
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2 :: 14 Buff: NOVICE
Cynder :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath Snow
OOC:
@[Confutatis] @[Morir] @[Moniz] @[Cyrus] @[Farkas] @[Sheba] @[Morana] @[Veil]
Takes place in the Ancient Rotunda, under cover of darkness. I'll post again once all or most of you are here C:

t y r a d o n

FIRE AND BLOOD!

He moves through the inky blackness, massive frame barely visible through the shadow-ridden ground beneath his heavy hooves. He moves as silently as one of his stature can hope to - only the occasional resounding snap of a dry twig disturbs the silence of the night as it rings like a gunshot. Cynder darts between the trees in a futile attempt to keep her flaming tail from illuminating the night sky around them; she flies fast, so the fire streams like an orange flag behind her, there and gone in a blur. An avenging angel, she beats her leathery wings to propel herself forwards faster than ever before, sound itself seeming to part around her jade-clad chest.

Sweat coats the hellion's flanks and neck despite the distinct chill in the winter air. It is exhausting, trying to be subtle; Tyradon is far more accustomed to making an entrance, to charging in with sword raised and shield drawn. But their society is a secret one, for that is where its beauty lies - in the fact none, not even their own members, know the depth of his and Confutatis' nefarious plans. And oh, they certainly aren't meeting here for the sake of negotiating peace; they come to gather like a war cabinet, to plot and scheme, to drag down the establishment and replace it with their own twisted vision of perfection. The beast's thoughts are those of greed, of dominance and of reaping the rewards from weeks of hard work. Cynder's mind is thrumming with energy, despite how much she is expending flying like an emerald arrow through the forest - she is as excited as he at the prospect of finally putting their best-laid plans into action. Their consciousnesses are one and the same, and both hunger for the pleasure that only power brings.

They continue to move through the forest, like masked assassins in the night, all stealth and contained predatory energy. They reach the Rotunda, and Tyradon ascends onto the circular platform, to give him the higher ground and the position of king. He leaves room for Confutatis and her kitsune beside him, and his war-dragon crashes down on his hulking shoulders, talons locking like a puzzle piece into the ancient scars that litter his flesh. His thick neck arches and he releases a series of low snorts, each one seeking the ears of Regime members; he wants to bellow his command, to release a stallion's scream into the heavens, but reminds himself they are meeting in secret, and his booming voice would only alert any who seek to pry into their business. His quiet call released, the warbringer narrows his iron eyes and pivots his skull to watch around them, waiting.

""

[ we are made of greed ]
[ the regime ]

Confutatis the World Eater Posts: 179
Hidden Account atk: 5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 16.2hh :: 9 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Mongrel :: Common Kitsune :: Dark Illusions wanda

Macabre grins and sly smiles; a mask of cruelty and a veil of disdain; the harlot approaches, the quean with amber eyes and a mouth full of poison. Soil and sod does not wither at her touch, but flesh will; flesh will crumble, slough and fester, strip, dismantle, and succumb to her black magic. She is Death, garbed and robed in a cloak of sin, rot, glowing in the dim of her amber eyes, lust and ambition- where she stalks, they cower in den and nest, fearful of her wroth, and rightly so. Confutatis approaches, summoned as a commoner would be (but she is no commoner, she is the quean, the whore, the wanton), at ease among the shadows and beneath the starlight white and faceless. At her hooves cavort her fiendish companion, eyes glowing coals in the night.

They approach, sinister, loathsome, and feral.

Ahead, they see a silhouette, one that has become known to them; the Rotunda, with a ceiling of colored glass. In the moonlight, all gemstone shades gleam translucent, washed pale no matter emerald or violet, crimson or scarlet; it glitters and refracts on a coat of obsidian, a reaper, war-monger, a dragon king; hooves clatter as she ascends to her rightful perch beside the not-so-gallant knight, the stalwart shield with iron eyes. The wolf's head inclines in greeting to the dragon green, and in turn to the warlord she rides upon. "It is time then?" she asks, her voice cracked and hushed, broken secrets leaking out around the edges; and a faint smile blooms on her ragged mouth. I have new magic to show you; new sorcery, nefarious and vile, deathly and breath-taking. Yet the quean refrains.

Ears tip to him, and she hesitates again before speaking to him, in the hush before the Regime will gather; "I intend to raise Morir to our Duke. He is well-qualified for the job... he has already lured in a mare, more of which can be said for the rest of our warriors."

She does not ask for permission. She tells him, and gives a singular prayer to the gods that he will accept her opinion without discord and dissent.

CONFUTATIS

and when you meet me, you at long last acquaintance yourself with death in all its magnificent glory.

Join the Regime.

Morir Posts: 79
Up For Adoption atk: 4.5 | def: 6.5 | dam: 3.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 4 HP: 54 | Buff: NOVICE
Arwydd :: Raven :: None Adoptable

He emerged from the darkness under the trees like a creature of the night itself, black and looming with moonlight dancing like pale flames over the back. The glowing rays leap and finger the pallid death-mask in uncanny curiosity, illuminating the vicious leer and deadly prongs and leave the rest of his features in shadow - unreadable, unseen. The hellion made a wise choice the day he chose to veil his thoughts in death and decay; surely the king that stood on high and looked down upon the gathering subjects would not have enjoyed the faint traces of loathing that twisted the handsome features of the big youngster, or taken well to the greed with which Morir approached the makeshift throne.

The words drifting from the toxic lips of the wasp queen as he settled in as close as he could to the ancient structure without actually climbing the snow-covered steps brought a smirk to his lips; dark and grim, amused in its gloating satisfaction - he didn't fail to notice how Confutatis refrained from consulting the dragon-lord before making this decision. It pleased him, but as much as he enjoyed this elevation in rank it wasn't enough. It would never be enough, as long as he was ranked lower than the racist bastard that dared to look down on him. One day that was going to change. One day it would be him who stood on high with moonlight fracturing through faceted panes, lordly and commanding while others bowed to the ground at his feet. One day that idiot of an equine would not dare to mock the shadow-spawned demon for fear of retribution, and he would no longer have to put up with cruel jokes and passes at his horns or his blindness....

One day.

But for now the gargoyle would bide his time. So he settled quietly among the ranks as far away from Tyradon as he could get, sparing nothing but a curt nod in appreciation towards his gruesome lady as she awarded him for his efforts. Then he waited with clipping ears and coiling tail for the court to convene - the very first gathering of the ranks of the Regime, and may all gods and spirits favor their ascent to greater heights. Morir prayed that the Raven would keep a blind eye for a little longer; there was much to do before those deadly wings descended upon him for the last time.

What if I say I will never surrender?

BackgroundLabs.com

♦ Please tag Morir in all replies! 

Morana Posts: 37
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15 :: 5 Buff: NOVICE
Candy

Summoned like a yearling to its mother, we came. Legs like iron pistons, drawing out long and powerful through drifts of snow. But I didn’t run, I wasn’t about to race to a call from someone I didn’t personally know nor care about. I appear healthy, sleek and beautiful a perfect mask to encase such a deadly creature. Lungs expand, burning as the cold air fills them giving an unusual sense of relief as they exhale into the crisp winter air. It wasn’t comfortable, but it made you feel alive. This whole thing was just a blur to me, of course the skull warrior that had blessed me with such an invitation to this Regime. I was unsure of my duty, where I was to be place or even if they would allow me to remain in their little group.

I carried on, legs dipped in ivory blending through the snow as my splashed physique danced across the lands. Elegance, precision- truly, did they know what assassin they hired? Do they understand the powers that lay under the skin, the soul that is demented and coded to kill those that do not meet the requirements? No, they do not. And upon my approach, my eyes of Icelandic blue locked upon Morir, the skull king that had extended this information to me. Though I did question what structure this herd was constructed of, I guess I was about to find out.

Aside from Morir, there was another equine mare- dark as night. And at her side, a stallion just as dark, a white patch between his eyes. He beamed of power, my pools glancing over his muscle tone in awe. It was nice, to see others that resembled myself- even though their blood would never be the same as mine. Hybrid, they’d never know. No weapon, no majestic flight, just long slender legs, and a chiseled physical seduction of the equine form.

I eased forth, lobes pinned back in a sign of defense. I wasn’t walking into this meeting as anyone’s bitch, and I would make sure they understood that. Motions seized, tiara elevated to its regular height, what little light from the night skies reflecting off the jewel that hung around my neck. Behave Daughter, these souls represent power. I can see that. Sometimes, I really wish she would just vanish from my mind. And for a moment, standing next to the midnight unicorn, I wondered if I should introduce myself, and not make the same mistake twice? Society, so strange. ”Morana.” I silenced after I gave my name, standing relaxed- lobes still pitched back against my marbled threads. Why are we here?

Tags: weeee
Words: 446
oOc: Our thread is still on-going where Morir is to invite her, so if I say anything that sounds out of place and you don’t like it, just tell me and I will edit- Wanted to get this in here before I go to Oklahoma this weekend. <3
Normal Speech
Mother's Voice.
Response to mother.
Table coded by Abba

Moniz Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

As promised, Tyradon summoned them. Moniz had held up her end of the bargain through no small effort on her part: she told no one of their clandestine plans. But she was tempted. Every time some mindless equine buzzed irritatingly about her, she was so very tempted to tell them the truth – that a scheme was hatching to overwhelm and control the mindless masses, and she was going to be a part of it. Helovia would change, and she had bought into the new power structure. Fate favors the harbingers of change, not the staid guardians of tradition.

She wanted to tell everyone all of this. You dolts will cater to my every whim soon enough. But she had given Tyradon her word, and as flawed as she was, Moniz always stood by her word. So she bit her tongue, biding her time by studying the odd lizard-creature who clung inextricably to her and waiting for the behemoth’s call.

Finally, it came – not with a bang, but a whisper; a series of low snorts their summoning cry in the night. Darco had tangled a matted section of hair above Moniz’s withers, where he nested while they moved. As the pony’s mind prickled with electric excitement, he stirred, too. His tongue flickered across his broad black snout, tasting the buzz of long-awaited plans churning into action.

Moniz emerged from the shadows and joined the rest of the group, finally seeing the militia that had been assembled for the vague schemes Tyradon spoke of in the caves. The leaders stood elevated, as was only right – Moniz knew as much, but still she hungered for more. She wanted to stand above the crowd, too. But this whole scheme was teaching her a lesson in patience and awaiting one’s just desserts. Soon enough. First they needed to accomplish their collective goals. Everyone in the group would stand above the beaten and reverent Helovian masses. The specifics of the hierarchy within the Regime would be settled later. And I will ascend to the rank I am owed.

But for now, she was a cog in this fledgling machine. Their leaders painted a striking picture: massive Tyradon with his delightfully fierce Cynder alongside shadowy Confutatis and the wickedly disturbing hellhound. Moniz stood before them amongst her brothers and sisters in arms, none of whom she had ever seen before.
“Hello again,” she greeted them with her best attempt at reverence (it was none too convincing, but at least she tried). She could not stop herself from adding impatiently, hungrily, “It’s time?”

OOC: I played the timeline like Moniz & Confutatis have finished their meeting and all that; hope that’s okay. If not let me know and I’ll edit as needed. =)

DA Image Link (new window)

Sheba Posts: 114
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15 hh :: 13 :: Frostfall HP: 61 | Buff: NOVICE
Minou :: Ocelot :: Sing Shady
You have been here since the close of day, attracted to the structure by the shimmering golden inlay and the colored lights that blanket the floor. It was late afternoon when you found this place, and you took advantage of the last of daylight by spinning under the kaleidoscope. You watched in self-satisfied glee as the rainbow clung to your ivory pelt—oh, Sheba darling, you were a sight to behold! But, the sun was soon gone, and you stood in the middle of the pavilion, frustrated, not having indulged your vanity nor your curiosity to their fullest extent.

So, you lingered. You would spend the night, and in the morning you’d have another twirl, poke around, and see if you could dislodge any of the colored glass for your hair. Such pretty trinkets weren’t meant to remain in this abandoned structure so deep in the woods! Searching for a place to sleep, you came across a little group of trees nearby. They would shelter you from the wind well enough, you decided, and with that, you settled in the grove for the night.

You have always been a light sleeper; you have fallen into the habit for your own protection, since more often than not, you are alone. This time, a snapping twig awakens you. You sigh softly in irritation, most likely it is just a deer in this part of the forest, but it is best to be cautious. Straining your ears, you pick up a rhythm—it is hoofbeats, and whatever is making them is heavy. No, you will not emerge tonight; this giant can have the woods to himself.

Soon though, you hear more hoofbeats. Others are approaching, and from the sound of it, they have gathered at the base of the rotunda. You can hear the low murmur of conversation, and your eyes narrow. What are these whisperers doing, so late at night and so deep in the woods? The thought of secrets brings a light to your eyes, and you listen harder, trying to decipher what they are saying. From your place though, you can hear nothing distinct. The lure of eavesdropping pulls you from your hiding place. You are light on your feet, to be sure, but you will have to move carefully to conceal that milky coat.

Luck is with you. There is a large tree just ahead, and you float silently behind it. Yes, now you can hear…a familiar voice? My, my, if it isn’t Confutatis herself. From the information she shares—someone named Morir has been promoted to duke, whatever that means—and the tone of her voice as she says it, it sounds like she is in charge here. You lean forward eagerly, wanting to hear more…and that is when your luck runs out. A root creaks beneath your shifting weight, and you curse inwardly. Making a snap decision, you emerge from the wood and into the clearing. “Pardon me for interrupting,” you purr, bowing to Confutatis, “But I heard your voice, O queen.”

Please tag Sheba in all posts!

Veil Posts: 5
Deceased
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 :: 7 Buff: NOVICE
aeolle

Insidious hunger, perilous and Machiavellian, he slinks forth from oiled umber as a succubus, grinning jowl and cruor stained maw— he is eradication, he is crepuscule, he is lineage and claret of the DEMON KING and he shall rise above sheep and prey, a predator, a clothed monster with slavering fangs and cardinal eyes and he shall reap and sow the seeds of carnage, of desolation, of annihilation as his dam has taught him with heinous ease.

He does not bow to the cry of the Emperor— nor the hustling of beings— but the daemon caves beneath rotten stench and iron odor, for she reeks his kin as the overpowering saccharine fragrance of flora, curling jaw into a loathsome sneer, and when argentate and onyx gather in ravenous depths, he slinks forth from the coppice, past (what only he assumes) to be cruor sisters and voracious brutes alike (the ivory doe he eyes with carnality and greed, he could only imagine the puppets to come from her dainty little frame, he'd have his WAY with her later, would make his dam proud).

He comes to stand alongside his mother, regardless of what the rest of the pack wanted, for he was her pup, ardent and dutiful only to she— a cackle wishing to draw forth from his jagged lips, and one day he shall RULE alongside her, a Reaper to follow in Lady Death's steps, to emulate the being of the DemonKing, a prince to weave silver lies and unleash callous longings, raised hackles and raucous chortle, he will be the SILVER-TONGUED, the liar and thief, and she shall be the iron hammer in which to demand her NEW WORLD ORDER.
   Even the gods will tremble in their almighty presence.
"Mother," he rasps, honey smooth song and high held attire, she has taught him excellent posture and manner— "I have come."

Tell me what you wish to be done, and it shall be so in your mighty name.

Don't be
Afraid

Tyradon Posts: 106
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2 :: 14 Buff: NOVICE
Cynder :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath Snow
Wanda feel free to have Confu add anything I've forgotten to say :D

t y r a d o n

FIRE AND BLOOD!

She is the first to arrive, his carrion queen - she takes her rightful place beside him, and his gargantuan head dips in a nod of greeting. She speaks, and the warmaster schools his face into neutrality. He does not want the unicorn scum anywhere near the upper echelon of the Regime's ranks, but this society is about compromise, and the blind beast is...useful, if nothing else. "Very well," he rumbles. On your head be it. Morir is the next to arrive, but Tyradon does not ackowledge him - is there any point, when he is blind?

An equine mare follows, and a stab of relief soars through the hellion at the fact there is at least one pureblood in the ranks. She speaks her name, and the stallion nods his affirmation - he does not give his own name, intending to wait until all have arrived. Moniz arrives next, and he looks automatically for her dragon - to his astonishment, he sees but a wingless lizard, and a brow lifts in shock. In his mind, Cynder chuckles - she knew full well that no dragon hid in the mare's egg, but declined to mention the fact. Tyradon almost grimaces, and vows to scold the war-dragon for her secrecy once this meeting is through. His eyes ghost over a unicorn mare - eurgh - and to a young equine stallion, who refers to Confutatis as his mother. Perhaps this is the one she told him about, the son of a warmaster.

There are two noticeable absences; his own son, Farkas, and Cyrus, the other racist equine he had recruited. It is a damned shame, but there is little time to wait - the night grows older, and they can delay no longer. "Greetings, everyone. I am Tyradon, and this is Cynder." The emerald dragoness blows a smoke ring, which rises to the stone roof of the Rotunda and disappears into the frigid night air. The pair glance to Confutatis, giving her an opportunity to say her and Mongrel's own names, should any here not know her. "Our Regime grows by the day, but we need more. Go to the Threshold, find those who seek power and persuade them to join our cause. If they refuse, take by force." It is far more advantageous to have members willing to aid them with blood and steel rather than captives waiting to slip a knife between the ribs, but with enough persuasion the beast has confidence that even the most devout anti-Regime individual can be turned to their cause.

It is either be with them, or against them.

"We intend to take every herd in Helovia as our own, but we need to start somewhere. Once we claim one land, we can build properly - we simply need to identify which herd is the weakest, and strike." Now was the opportune time to take their first land - the herds were still recovering after the darkness, still finding their feet. It was as though the gods had handed them the perfect chance to stake their claim. "Identify members from the herds and earn their trust. Find out whatever information you can - herd numbers, predominant species, details on their most prized warriors." He looks slyly to Confutatis, wondering if she is thinking the same as he - find out each herd's best-trained warriors, and take them out of commission. "Be subtle, though. We do not want to give any information away about our plans. If you need to actually join the herd to earn their trust, then do so - find like-minded individuals and see if you can sway them to our cause." He looks around the gathered individuals, a motley crew of varying sizes and shapes. "I want each of you to tell me which areas you excel in - do you prefer to fight, to spy, to kill?" Farkas' disappearance means they are short a spy, which is a damned shame. He falls silent, looking to his demon queen to see if she has anything to add.

[ we are made of greed ]
[ the regime ]

Confutatis the World Eater Posts: 179
Hidden Account atk: 5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 16.2hh :: 9 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Mongrel :: Common Kitsune :: Dark Illusions wanda

Her crow comes first, never failing to please the wolf and her fickle desires; she would look discretely in pride down on him, but her warmonger is here, and what use is there in grinning at a blind dog? The second to come is unknown to her; a myriad pattern of white and brown. Morana, she sings, and the hellion throws quick glance to Tyradon before smiling benevolently down, a feral grin both sinister and sincerely well-meaning. The third is Moniz, with her strange and vaguely repulsive little dragon; fourth, the virgin bird with her glib tongue, and fifth, her very own son, Veil, the Vile, the Evil. They all glitter in gray in the moonlight; the harlot awaits Tyradon to open the discussion, to introduce himself to those he does not know, and she mirrors the action.

"I am Confutatis, daughter of the Demon King," she declares, her voice a decadent and rotten thing of guile and deceit and, strangely, genuine like for all of her new allies. For several seconds, the succubus allows Tyradon to speak, only breaking in when he pauses after take by force.

"However," she begins, "do not take this to make enemies of them. Even if you steal, blackmail, or coerce, for us to win Helovia we must have a backbone of loyal followers... be kind as necessary and make sure to reward them- train them, in a discrete fashion- for their submission and their contriteness. Those who escape will be appropriately handled with as according to their crime."

The wolf allows the dragon to take up the reins again.

"Do not make unnecessary enemies," Confutatis orders, demands of them. "And do not forget who you are; we are wolves and lions, wearing sheeps' clothing; they will scent you beneath the woolly hide you will wear, they will try and turn you into one of them, but do not lose sight of your dreams and ambitions. All of you were chosen for your passion in life, and all will be dually rewarded. Don't forget, my kin and my family, when you took up arms with our regime you forsake former bonds, for the majority, unless said bonds could be of service to our cause."

She hesitates to draw breath. "Nonetheless, bond and flirt as you wish within your chosen herd- should you wish to usurp high ranks, wait until you have supporters or amiable friends, so that the herds will not cast you off in case of failure. The bigger the crown you wear, the easier it will be for us to take over without argument."

"I head to the World's Edge in two dawns from now. Veil, you shall accompany me. The rest of you may dispatch yourselves as you want, but remember the Aurora Basin prefers only those of unicorn species."

CONFUTATIS

and when you meet me, you at long last acquaintance yourself with death in all its magnificent glory.

Join the Regime.