the Rift

Someone is Watching Me{open}

Melody Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
The mare's small figure slowly made her way across the damp ground. The dew was still perched upon the grass. Melody bent her head down to get a little nibble of grass. When the blade of grass met Mel's muzzle she snorted. The little blades of grass tickled her soft, black muzzle. The taste of the sweet grass was relaxing. Being alone always worried Mel. She felt lonely, but she mostly felt like a target for anything evil.

Mel decided she had enough grass to hold her for awhile, and the dew on the grass had kept her mouth moist. The dew wasn't enough but she could wait for a another watersouce. As Melody plodded along with her tiny hooves, she barely made any noise at all.

All of the sudden Melody got a wierd feeling. She felt like something was watching her. She came to a stop, and began frantically darting her sparkling eyes around. She could see nothing, so she continued plodding along once more.

Melody began to wonder where she was. She didn't really care though. She liked it here. Mel kept thinking she was hearing things. She ignored it for awhile, but the noise began to get louder, nearer. She was sure someone was following her. Mel froze where she was and scanned the area. With ears pricked she whipped aroud to find that nothing was there. Although she was positive something was somewhere near here.

Faelene Posts: 297
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16 :: 9 Buff: NOVICE
Sica

Last night had been cold, so cold Jack Frost's breath had rushed long the flora leaving an icy trail. Faelene had slept on and off, waking earlier enough her whiskers were covered in the white frost. She wore a delighted smile with thoughts of everything covered in the white to come. Easily as that smile came it disappeared if it had not been. She stretched her thick limbs, back, and neck. She liked to beat the sun up, and with crunch to her steps she started her round about the Edge. After a good walk she may venture outside the unicorn realm.

The familiar mist swirls round her darkened hide, calming her nerves while her hooves crunched along the ground. There was nothing before the light of dawn that caught her eye so she continued to walk closer to the borders of her home. The time she reached them, the morning light was rising. By then what had been frost was dew upon the grass. Gazing across the lands, she took in a deep breath of the still, cool morning air. There was something to it as it drifted through her nose. A Pegasus.

The mare would soon be right about feeling eyes upon her. Faelene tracked her scent, and was now staring as she clipped the green blade, making hasty glances 'round the dim forest. The dark coated mare remained in the shadows of the trees, watching, waiting for it to dawn on the equine she was not alone. It was not until she twirled around did she face the direction the unicorn was in. If on cue she prowled from her hiding spot, her ears pinned against her skull. "You lost?" She questioned, a sharp edge to her tone, while her eyes combed over the grulla, the hornless.

Melody Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Melody quickly swung her head toward the voice she had heard. She wasn't expecting to see a unicorn, but she didn't mind." Well, actually I am lost." she said. Melody could tell that this unicorn did not want her here. " I am no threat to you or any others who may live here. I am just searching for a home. Anyway I am Melody, but you can call me Mel." Melody was trying to lighten the mood a bit.

Mel was beginning to get a little thirsty. After all she had been walking for awhile. Although she didn't think asking the unicorn where the water source was would get her anywhere. Melody was sure she was an uninvited quest.

Faelene Posts: 297
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16 :: 9 Buff: NOVICE
Sica

The red maned was not openly hostile to the equine, but no she could not hide her displeasure. "You've traveled quite far for one not knowing where you are or where you are going," She stated, while her tail gave swished behind her. It puzzled her how she had made it clear to the Edge of all things, finding no one along the way. The mare's thick legs slipped through the foliage, pulling her closer to Melody. At the same time her ears had perked forward, drawn to the lost as she spoke. Upon her muzzle her lips would twitch into a twisted smile, amused by her mention of not being a threat. Maybe, she wasn't, but Faelene had seen the damage her race had done first hand. "You will find no home here," she replied coolly. Dark eyes moving from the top of her head to the tip of her hooves. It would be better if she left now, instead of later. She had yet to know if members of the World's Edge were openly racist like Tillas and would charge this mare on sight or if they hid it more carefully. She had assumptions to some it would not matter. "If I I were I would head east, or south to your kind." She said, she would not blink when she met the mare's eyes, she would stare hoping she would heed her warning.