the Rift

[OPEN] dancing in your shadow.

Isi Posts: 17
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 15 hh :: 4 Buff: NOVICE
Adella :: Common Brown Dragon :: Fire Breath Avis
trapped between two lungs

His speech reached me, words tainted with embarrassment. A soft chuckle escapes me, my dual tone eyes assessing him further. He was a kind soul so far, a pleasant fellow to be around. "Surely you've been here longer than I?" Offering a kind smile, I listen to the coal black man repeat my name, saying it with a brief nod of his head, followed by two words. The words were sincere, sweet to my ears. "Indeed it is, Ruske." His name sounded so foreign falling from my lips, but felt so familiar to me.

It was strange, standing here before him, I felt as though he was an old friend, the way he spoke to me, with sincerity, a kind tone bouncing from between us. He addressed Adella, who puffed out her chest and appeared quite smug that she was part of one of the few bonded pairs he had run across. I roll my eyes at her, and then speak for her. "She thanks you for that confidence booster." A soft laugh escapes me, and only after do I notice that his eyes have wandered to the shattered wall. I wanted to know what happened, but I feel that it's clear enough. The shadows had brought this wall to ruins.

He tells me the name of the queen, Kahlua, then mumbling about how she is somewhere behind the walls. I simply smile, watching as he moves a step away, raising his head and letting out a hoarse cry. As he dropped his head down, he lets out a cough, one that sounds quite uncomfortable and irritated. He turns to me, and offers more words. "I hope so as well."

During our time waiting, he asks me what I had meant by 'when shadows ruled'. I try to think of how to explain this, the shadows that covered the land. "Well when I entered the Threshold, I could not see past the forest, for it was all covered in shadows, darkness that seemed to turn the land into a vile place. I followed a few others into caves, and stayed there until just recently. Did you arrive when the shadows were gone?"

I turn to see a new mare approaching, Adella flicking her tail and arching her bulky body. "Greetings, Resplendence. I was here to ask for permission to enter the herd.. the World's Edge— as Ruske called it." I see a red dragon, much younger than Adella, land upon the mare's poll. Adella lifts off, dipping down to inspect this little red dragon closer. She lands at Resplendence's hooves, gazing up at her and the dragon. I chuckle, watching her. "Adella is quite fond of your dragon." I was the only one for just a moment! Couldn't it have stayed this way?' She rants, our minds passing words back and forth. Oh stop, be kind to your brethren. Adella huffs, walking back to me and seating herself by my hooves. 'I can take that little thing on.. no problem.' I just shake my head slightly, pulling my attention back to Resplendence.
"talk talk talk"
[Image: kpEmnDB.png]
(please tag in every post)

Messages In This Thread
dancing in your shadow. - by Isi - 03-31-2014, 04:35 PM
RE: dancing in your shadow. - by Ruske - 04-04-2014, 12:28 AM
RE: dancing in your shadow. - by Isi - 04-15-2014, 11:53 AM
RE: dancing in your shadow. - by Ruske - 04-25-2014, 05:22 PM
RE: dancing in your shadow. - by Resplendence - 04-28-2014, 05:41 PM
RE: dancing in your shadow. - by Isi - 05-10-2014, 04:08 PM
RE: dancing in your shadow. - by Ruske - 05-11-2014, 09:20 PM
RE: dancing in your shadow. - by Resplendence - 05-13-2014, 06:20 PM