the Rift

[OPEN] Celebration of the Sun - Herd Meeting

Africa the Starry-Eyed Posts: 727
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven

100%

…reforge this land…

Wide eyes surveyed the area; sparkling with curiosity, stunned by the immensity of the task at hand. They had not yet reached the oasis, though its lush emerald figure shimmered through a weak haze of heat not too far away. Africa’s tongue was as parched as the sands they had covered already, and she yearned to taste again the sweet, cool waters of the Throat. Many things had been changed here; twisted and tormented through the length of their unexpected absence, and she wondered innocently, silently, about the shrine she had tended night and day for many months and those cackling flames that had warmed her conflicted soul. So too did she think of the sacred Dragon’s Blood tree- which had stood in place through wars and floods, and events still worse than anything she had witnessed, herself. Surely both had been saved.

…choose your followers…

The smooth, resonating tone of his voice rolled through her mind again; reinforcing her resolution and driving her forward.

Soft sandy gaze shifted to find Ampere; a nervous enthusiasm lurking behind the long veil of fluttery black lashes, but they lingered not as Africa bristled against the bitter chill, and drew a deep breath. Her voice was not as strident as the black-blue, feathery mare who led at her side, but by the grace of the wind, it was born high and far enough through the south, that any loitering ears should hear.

“Followers of fire and light!

Return to us… please.”
Africa’s voice held not the confidence that perhaps might have been expected; her tongue not the eloquence of one born into the palm of royalty. She was perched atop a rocky outcrop of limestone tumbled together into a crude mound; a meagre platform that suited completely her humble figure, hooves resting carefully against the gravelly, weathered grooves which had been etched into the surface over time.

She had draped around her the cool-green cloak which concealed well-enough her debility, and the light silken material it had been woven with slithered restlessly about long lean legs, as the brackish wintry wind swirled through the vast, flat desert region. Upon her brow was resting a symbol of light and fire, the crown fashioned with dancing, fire-breathing dragons to mark the clemency of the God of the Sun, and though lacking in self-belief; cast into a position which had been held by only the finest of warriors through her time present, Africa wore it in good-faith, her chiselled skull uplifted.

Silas circled high above, his shadow as small as a young hare’s body as it passed across the figure of his beloved so far below. Sharp lilac eyes watched with interest as others; some new, some old, began to wander their way back into the territory of Dragon’s Throat, crossing for the first time the narrow length of bridge which would undoubtedly aid them defensively through battles to come. Snippets of their coming were offered to the dappled mare below- but they were broken often, and blurred while the connection between them continued to grow.

Ampere first- then everyone else.
Please keep the posting order until the official business has been covered.

image credits
Table and Picture by Nicole <3

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu
A M P E R E
"Any existence deprived of freedom is a kind of death" -- Michel Aoun

It was not an easy ascension as Ampere took her place alongside Africa, hooves carefully gripping for purchase upon the rough-worn boulder she perched atop. For so long she'd been living on her own in the wilderness that conforming to herd life would prove a difficult task, much less leading a herd. Though Ampere was up to the challenge and believed in the decision of the Sun God, she could not help but doubt her own skill sets. As a soldier she would thrive, but standing before the masses as a respectable figure head with controlled mannerisms... she could only contain her true thoughts for so long.

Even now Ampere glanced sidelong at Africa, her eyes attracted to the fluttering fabric the grey mare wore as a shield about her ruined wing. That aspect of disfigurement still disturbed Ampere, though even more so was Africa's easy acceptance of her grounded status. Then of course there was the companion which the grey had bonded herself to as a cure for loneliness, no doubt. Could Ampere trust in the talents of someone so meek and dispassionate?

"I trust in the Sun," Ampere thought fiercely as she sent her gaze elsewhere, the blue washing across the dusty cracks and caverns of the desert, so alike the sea that had consumed much of the previous terrain. For all the reservations she might have, Ampere's faith was strong in their golden god, the one which had led her from the torment of the darkness. He had provided her the means to accomplish all she wanted - this would be the family she was desperately missing, the position where her words and her lessons would carry weight, and the army which would change the world. She'd be a terrible fool to turn her nose up simply because of a few blemishes.

She exhaled steadily, the process soothing to her nerves and calming to her thoughts. She continued to scour the horizon, noting all the shifts in the topography as she watched and waited for the arrival of their kin. The border was certainly easier to manage with its new width, a defensive blessing, and the oasis remained behind them, its shimmering beauty inextinguishable. Everything else, from the multicolored waves that had roared into the sea to the wind-whipped sand dunes, was nothing less than the Dragon's Throat after a yawn. At the core, they remained as unchanged as ever,

"WE RISE ONCE MORE LIKE THE DAWN AFTER THIS STORM!" Ampere called out with an abrupt passion, her heart hammering in her chest as she was filled with the fortified resolve of her future. "The Throat has changed, but it has endured, like us... like me.". Her voice cut through the sky like a whistle, excited and uplifting, "There is much to discuss with... our new herd." For a moment Ampere almost slipped her tongue and said "your herd", but caught herself and remembered they were all part of this, including her.

She closed her eyes for a moment, thankful for that realization.
"I don't have to be alone any more..."

She turned to look at Africa, the movement casting a shine off the golden crown that wreathed her ears, its dragons dancing around fire and light the way Africa's did. The mare looked natural upon her rocky crag, her hooves already familiar with this place, tied to it through the sweat of her past toiling. Not for the first time Ampere wondered if she'd be accepted, thinking again of Gaucho and then inevitably...Sohalia; yet one case of her untamed manners, none of which occurred within the well-spoken Africa.

Ampere exhaled again and proffered the mare a smile, looking past the billow of her green cape and the fleeting shadow of her bird. Ampere hoped the movement would reassure Africa, but mostly hoped it would do so for herself.
"The only way to know, is to begin."

Credits: Image by Tabini
Coding by Tamme

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Hellä Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
I longed for some decent company, for there had been a large gap between my arrival to now since I had a real conversation with anyone of my type. But now, as I traveled through the desolate desert, I had a good feeling that stirred my insides. Maybe I would find me a home for once and I wouldn't be alone anymore.

I still limped from my battle against Moniz, but my head held its position high then usual with the scars battered against my bloodied pelt. I had won my first battle here in Helovia, walking out victorious and hell was I damned proud of myself! The pony bitch probably didn't care about me much, but heck, I didn't have the best thoughts about her from the beginning! I didn't care what she thought about me, she had ran off with her tail between her legs, just like the wet dog she is.

Anyways, she started it.

My harks forward as I heard two mares screaming commands not too far ahead of me. I started into a slow trot, my limp holding me back from going too fast. I could see the dark pegasus ahead, but the one with only half of a pair of wings, was harder to see and I had to draw closer before I could finally catch a good picture of her. A not-so-normal bird flew overhead, circling over the two mares.

I came to a steady stop in front of the two, taking in a good scene of them. The dark was a proud and trustful one, but the grey I didn't see much leadership in her. I won't say that aloud though. They were apparently the queens of these lands, or so they seemed like it, standing on a rock so they could see everyone.

I just dipped my dome slightly, just to show my respect. I flinched at the pain as the skin on my back pulled at movement. I stood up straight again in slow motion so I wouldn't cause anymore trouble within myself. "Ladies of the desert, may I present myself, I am Hellä." She smiled at the dark mare before shortly glancing at the grey.

[sorry for any mistakes, on my phone]

Cera the Golden Prince Posts: 419
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.3hh :: 6 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Ilaria :: Red Panda :: Heal Brit

C e r a</style>
          & Ilaria
i'm an angel with a shotgun, and i don't care if heaven won't take me back

His Lord had returned to the clay mixed sands of the home he had always known. From birth these warm particles had been his to command and own. Now he would return to them, beneath leads foreign to him. He would swear his allegiance to them as a grown stallion, still youthful, but ready to serve those who had returned with him. But this time there was going to be one major difference. One heartbreaking, agonizing difference. It hurt to even think of it. But he was finally alone.

He had parted from his father to keep his loyalty to the Sun Father. Cera could not abandon the Throat as easily as Midas had. He felt disgusted by his father's actions, saddened by their parting, but nothing else could be wrung from his emotions. There had been too much in the past for him to feel as if he could engage in such passionate emotions. Now, he slid from sunbeam to sunbeam, watching the borders, awaiting the return of the herd he would never fit into. Not in the past, and certainly not in the future. Cera had long since learned the valuable, at times debilitating lesson of independence.

Gaucho was not among the leaders to return. Cera frowned softly, not sure how he felt about that, but followed in silent obedience as the two mares screamed for him so loudly. Did they not know he belonged to these lands? He was already here.

It took little to find them, no clear distance that required flight to speed his arrival. By the time he had, there was only one other in attendance. He listened to them, expecting more from their mouths, but finding only disappointment. Was the meeting not beginning, then? Kri had always been so forthright, declaring what she needed to, never wasting any time. That efficiency had rubbed off on the colt he had once been beneath her command. But these mares were not Kri. He would simply have to deal with that.

"Cera, child of Midas. This has been my home since birth. Nothing will change that." He spoke simply, sincerely, but with a wary sort of respect. He did not trust them so quickly. He had learned long ago that such behavior was foolish, even deathly. Wings folded loosely, Ilaria perched upon his shoulder like a silent stone guardian of red and black. Together, two pairs of emerald eyes continued to entrap the leaders, intrigued and patient. Always waiting. Cera would not make the mistake of following those who would bring his herd, his land, to ruin. The Sun Father did not deserve such disrespect.

image credits
table by whit
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!

Hector Posts: 262
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 18.3hh :: 7 Years HP: 63 | Buff: ENDURE
Veci :: Plain Boggart :: Suffocate Dream
No Time for Lies and Empty Fights

100%

Swooping above thrashing, frothing ocean tides, and dipping through swirling channels of frigid, frost-bitten wind, Hector arrived from patrol- pulled by the echo of voices and the promise of life. His enormous figure twirled and danced towards the narrowed bridge now binding the desert to the mainland; riding artfully upon bent, burning-red wings, and reaching down with hard, neat hooves. Towards the southernmost part, where ruined, strewn boulders began to level into parched earth and sand, the soldier landed and began to gallop. Long, glossy feathers rippled like stiff streamers through the breeze of his movement, and each glorious appendage attached was high with pride.

Hector was home; fiercely loyal and longing for the weight of work.

Snippets of a gathering filled his mind, wavering illusions crafted by the mischievous mind of a Boggart. The Diviner who had served their herd well (he thought); relaying the warning of the God of the Sun and thus saving them from the darkness- she was present, cloaked, perched upon rock. There was another beside the one-winged Oracle, electric-blue forked across one eye and snaking back like a tattoo across her neck; she was small, brawny, but many of the Throat’s Pegasi had been of similar physique. The pair stood before a face he knew not, and the tawny tri-bred’s stoic expression stiffened with concern. He thought of Kri and of Midas, searching his bonded’s thoughts for any trace of familiar brethren- of Rasta even, so meek and mute. But he could not find them.

Harder, faster, the soldier urged his legs on and sweat soon speckled his shining, thin coat.

As he neared them, he could feel the closeness of Veci grow like an improved pulse through his heart; a supportive thrum in his mind. He slowed, long muscular tail whipping lose crimson tendrils to snap with anticipation at his rear, and fiery eyes surveyed guardedly the few grouped together; taking the time to absorb the unfamiliar grey from behind, to study the expression of the blue-accented mare beside Africa. Another had joined them by then, Cera (though only his face was remembered) and it was he whose flank the giant move to stand beside, curiously and cautiously; breeze still able to wash freely between. "Hector." He announced, nodding towards the old-Diviner, before offering to each other a chivalrous half-smile. "Soldier, always, of Dragon’s Throat."

Cunning and keen, he presumed then that Gaucho, perhaps Midas too (though he had spoken with his painted ‘brother’ barely a week ago) had been lost to the plague- certainly it never crossed his mind that either would disband.

• Dragon's Throat Rank Experience: Fortify | Level 3
• Permission given for moderate power play, magical influence and damage at all times

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
Sohalia

She took to the skies, the wind ruffling gently through her banner and caressing wings that had not seen the skies in far too long. To look up into the great blue expanse and see her elegant form passing overhead would be akin to watching an angel soar through the clouds, though her modesty would certainly prompt her to deny such a claim. She had changed since she had first arrived in Helovia, that was true - but she had not changed so much as to be so self-centered. Instead, she thought not of what she must look like to passerby below, but of what they looked like to her. They were naught but tiny specks, barely visible from her height. Her wingtips brushed against a cloud, and she laughed at the chill. One day, she would have to find out how close she could fly to the sun.

But for today, she had other errands to run. Her flight had not been horribly long, but she had taken note of some changes in the lands below. She had frowned to see that the majority of her wall was a shambles, tucked now below the surface of the waters that had invaded on her home. But her joy at freedom overshadowed the sadness at so much hard work being lost, and she had simply continued on her way. Every so often, she peered at the zephyr that accompanied her, his large, golden eyes on her as he followed her. He was new to flight, and she was afraid that he would tire of the exercise; but, like her, he was a creature of the sky, and seemed to revel in this new-found ability. Besides, it had been weeks now since he was a hatchling, and he had been flying long enough to manage this little journey. Above her home now, the fae paused, flying a wide arc as though deciding where to land; then, with an unspoken command to her companion, she tucked her wings and fell from the sky. The ground approached at an alarming rate, but she merely flared her wings, causing her downward momentum to shift as her wings carried her forward, and after a moment her hooves touched the sand daintily, and she fell into an easy canter.

As she approached the meeting, her pace slowed, and she finally came to a halt before the Sultanas only slightly out of breath. Her gaze was bright, her mind exhilarated; but then she saw the blue stationed beside Africa, and her eyes narrowed for a moment. Where was Gaucho? She had taken him away, that day in the caves - had Ampere disposed of him to take his place? Or had he simply been lost to the wraiths, as so many others had been? She gritted her teeth against the desire to hiss at the blue, her bonded's presence appearing anxiously in her mind. Her distaste was causing the young zephyr a great deal of distress, and so she took a deep breath, pushing her thoughts aside. She was to focus on the good today, not on the fact that her wall was demolished and her nemesis held the throne. Her companion took the moment to flutter down and land, only a tad unsteadily, on her withers, his claws winding in the part of her banner that had fallen there. He chirped a hello, though the sparks falling from his body showed his discomfort. If his bonded didn't like the blue, he certainly wasn't going to like her, either.

"Good afternoon, ladies," Sohalia said, forcing calm into her voice. Slowly, the bristling wakiya stopped sparking and relaxed, settling on the fae's back to watch the meeting proceed. He did not understand yet what happened in these sort of meetings, but he knew enough not to interrupt. "Africa, you look well, my friend," she said with a smile, a deliberate snub to the blue (though she could always claim familiarity - she was not one to be caught being rude). "And... Ampere. Lovely to see you again." She tried to be nice, she really did - but her tone was taut all the same, and she resolved to find the Sultana for a more private conversation, where she could voice her displeasure without embarrassing herself or the new lead.

"Talk talk talk."
@[name]

Sohalia
Don't wanna leave this life knowing I barely tried...
Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

Morana Posts: 37
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15 :: 5 Buff: NOVICE
Candy

Muscles ripple under a shell of smooth sleek fabricated colors of rust and rich earthy tone. A call, bellowing across the horizon, echoing for followers of the Dragons Throat to arise from the darkness as champions and draw what’s left of our winter starved bodies to appear before the crowns of this kingdom; to receive our sentence, to define our structure; to give us our roles. I could only imagine what I would encounter here, what creatures and species would flood these lands with their being? It was a rush of excitement, wondering just what lay ahead in these dusty frigid lands.

So this was my assigned place. My new found palace of dirt and dust, and this time I did run. Hooves packed hard into the cracked sands and clay of the desert floor. It was a much welcomed site actually, aside from the snow I savored the warmth that it held within the grasp of the earth. Hooves finally making solid ground traction for the first time in weeks as the sands shifted under my weight. I blended well with this landscape, the hue of my splashed skin against the red sands. It was beautiful, in its own little way.

My lungs ached, but I ignored their heaving cry for an eased pace. I was in a hurry; one must never be late for a meeting from their elders, of their kings and queens. Maw parted, pink tongue savoring the taste and the cool breeze that fluttered across it. Sweat beading across my chest and flanks in a smear of beauty cream. Ah, and the sea- the beautiful salty ocean. Such an amazing endless thing, even though I discovered the hard way it’s not for drinking by any means.

Pools gazed upon the horizon, noting the oasis within the middle of the desert, and those that gather round. Wings! Everywhere. Pegasus, this place was filled with them! And I couldn’t be any more delighted to have such blessed company. Even those like me, stood proud among them- it was then I knew I would blend well with these companions, even the ones circling above the crowd.

I slowed my pace, tossing my head up to help ease the speed of my thundering hoof beats. A trail of dust engulfing me, brushing from flank to ear as I eased into a walk, steps springy and full of life as my lungs and chest heaved, begging for more oxygen to support such powerful strides. Hector the fire-price was a very handsome sight as he stood there among the females. The dapple mare, with an emerald drape over her shoulders stood proud alongside a regal mare with blue point hues. She was lovely as well, feathers streamed in her mane.

I paused near Hector, giving him a once over, admiring his muscle tone and very giddy to see him alive and well. "Hector." A breathless whisper as I gave a warm smile, as I turned my head to gaze at everyone with a curious gaze, doing my best to let my body catch up with me. "I am Morana, Hector told me of this Dragons Throat" I finished breathing between breaths it seemed before I continued. "I am yours, should you have me." I finished with submission, even though it wasn’t my type. Lobes lazed back, as I curved my attention back to Hector taking a step closer to the group.

Mother's Voice.
Response to mother.

Morana
Image Credit

Azulee Posts: 62
Dragon's Throat Warrior atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 hands :: 6 years :: Orangemoon HP: 65.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Valda
She did not return, at first, to the place of red sand where she had spent her first years of life. No, first she explored the coast, traced the edge of the endless azure and sapphire with a voltaic wingtip, wondering what to do, wondering what was... befitting of her. The lightning maiden often felt alone, but never more so than she did now, lost in the blue yonder, the wind cutting down to her bone; should she return home? What would await her there? More memories, she would think, more memories of her mother's melancholy smile and her father's stern silhouette. Uncertain as she was about where she belonged, she knew she had to, at the very least, return to her home one last time.

It is time to put that in the past, she reminds herself with the steely softness atypical of her. Wings flare, spreading wide, and she circles back, seeking out the dwelling in the Dragon's Throat. With every beat of her electric appendages, she finds her heart lightening, a smile wavering uncertainly on her ashen lips, eyes sizzling vivacious sapphire.

Minutes trickle by into hours, but it does not take long to reach the frosted dunes. It's different now, Azulee realizes, much of the red sands having succumbed to the silver ocean lapping at the shores. Yet strange and alien as it is, the tree of fire and blood is still there— will the faces she remembers so well be down there as well? Kri, Leander, her dam; they are not. Faces she vaguely recognizes, faces she does not care for, glare up at her, tawny grays and blacks and blues... Ampere, calling out to citizens of the Sun's domain. Not many gather.

Gracefully, idly, she circles down, and the sand beneath her is familiar, achingly so. Infinite wings flare and flicker close to charcoal flanks, and the daughter of the Ardent watches and waits, only proffering her name to these strangers who will be her brothers and sisters in arms after they do themselves. "Azulee, born and raised beneath the light of the sun; and I intend to continue doing so."

My friends, I'm only flesh and bone but I won't let you die alone.
credits

hard mode—HP: 65/65

physical force and magic is permitted to be used on Azulee at any time provided it does not involve powerplay (unless specified otherwise); please contact me before attempting to kill.
please tag me!

Voodoo Posts: 231
Outcast atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: Eight :: Birdsong HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Ouija :: Arctic Fox :: None Nevada
Voodoo
tear me open pour me out,
inside there's things that scream and shout

Whether it was sheer curiosity or that strange emotion that carries you to past homes that brought you back here, you are not sure, but you are back.. And apparently so are some of the others. Hoof prints soil the otherwise flat sands, the land bridge that leads to the new desert had not been there before. Your jagged, chipped hooves leave ugly lines in the soft sand, making you thankful that the softest gust of wind will hide them forever. A small selection of the band that you never had the chance to get to know stands below a tall ridge, where two bodies tower over head. Wings caped almost every one of the bodies, only one other visible horn bowing off of a red stallion's dome.

That familar lump forms in your throat, making it hard for you to swallow. Nerves begin to stir uncomfortably before you even reach the group, empty maroon eyes avoiding the unknown faces. Oh Jesus, just stop here before you give yourself a fucking stroke we mumble from inside your skull, each one of us slumped around our little apartment quietly, nails tapping the flooring in steady rhythms. As we suggested, you stop a comfortable distance away from the pack of winged horses, dual colored ears rotating around nervously, listening to passing hooves and restless voices.

Your blood-stained snout lifts to get a better look at the apparent leaders of the newly formed desert; Africa and a black an blue mare who's name you do not know. We shift our attention from our made-up songs to your first crush, your dry throt now able to swallow the cold lump that had been a bitch just a minute ago. Her kind face holds up a strange crown, but what the symbols and swirls inside of the creation are you cannot see. A warm smile settles on your rough lips, glossy eyes settling on the one-winged mare happily. To our suprise, that teenage horomone that makes you giddy and dumber than usually doesn't kick in; maybe it's just because there's so many others around. Your chest is filled with a warm flutter of old friendship.

Text here "Chat here." Voices here

i run but it stays right by my side
Table by Frostie
EVERYTHING YOU'RE RUNNING AWAY FROM
IS IN YOUR HEAD
[Image: 5389e9aca8b63]
Please tag him in every post!

Dalibor Posts: 48
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: 9 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
redgod
DALIBOR
I am someone to hate

He'd followed the gigantically winged mare after their meeting, curious as to her destination - his curiosity further peaked by hearing a faint voice on the wind calling what sounded like a summons. Followed her from afar, of course, sometimes by air, sometimes by land, always staying behind her and out of her sight, under her radar. He was a fighter, but he knew how to remain unseen if he wished to.

Usually.

Apparently the freakish-looking one was going back home, he surmised, when he saw a gathering of fellow winged equines. That voice on the wind must have been calling this little get-together. There was that live-wire, tight-assed psychotic blue bitch, he noted. Amusing. Maybe he should leave. He didn't necessarily want to be in a place she was at.

But Dalibor's hawkish eyes caught sight of the lone-winged pegasus next to said blue mare, and he paused. Africa. He...had intended to follow her prior, but whatever fucking mess had come and infected the land had rendered that somewhat moot.

Fate was a moody bitch in need of a good fucking to set her straight.

Ampere - he hadn't forgotten her name, simply felt disinclined to use it much - was mounted on a rock beside Africa and...

You are fucking kidding me. Light glinted off the blue bitch's brow and Dalibor realized she was wearing a crown. A fucking crown. Was she the leader of this place? They were all impossibly fucked. Ampere was a leader just as much as he was a pacifist! Who the hell decided this? They were obviously fucked in the head. Had been kicked in the head. Deprived of oxygen as a child. Something that would explain such a horrendous decision.

Hooves stamped at the ground, his ears slanted back, obviously displeased when the lightning mare spoke up with contrived force, so apparently uncomfortable in her role. But the others, they drank it right up. Lapped up that rousing bullshit like it was the only water in this desert.

I'm surrounded by sheep. Fucking winged sheep.

Dalibor listened with mounting ire as each pegasus pledged themselves to this 'Dragon's Throat' - which he assumed was this herdland. Hmph. Perhaps their loyalty lay with the herd, and not its leaders. Few of them seemed to greet Ampere's new position of rule with outward and palpable joy, let alone real seriousness. The mare he'd followed spoke up and a flare of temper coursed through his compact and muscular form. The little bitch had lied to him about her name!

She'd given it backwards. That struck him as rather clever in its simplicity, and his anger receded. He liked Azulee for that. Even if she did have fucking ridiculous looking wings. Deciding it was time he speak as well, Dalibor took a step and lifted his neck proudly "I am here at Africa's call, and for her call only," he made clear. There was nothing else to say. He was a soldier, but did he really want to fight anymore? Not unless he had to. Maybe, for once in his miserable life, he could do something other than kill.

He doubted it. He was too damn good at killing.

"talk talk talk"
Thoughts

A M P E R E

[Please let Africa post next. She'll be going over the ranks!]

They came. At first naught but specks on the glowing horizon their shapes become more defined as each one of them neared, answering the call, even if it was not always her call which drew them. Ampere had suspected that her ascension to the golden throne would not necessarily be met with high praise and smiling faces. It was one thing to prepare yourself though, and quite another to endure it.

"It didn't matter" Ampere thought, her gaze trailing over Hellä, Cera, Hector, even Sohalia, providing each a smile and a nod in turn. Family may not always get along, but it doesn't make the bond any less strong or meaningful. Ampere would willingly fight for all of them. So long as they roosted in the desert they were kin - it was all she needed. It was in her nature to be loyal, and some might say, stupid. Her heart engulfed her every decision; Its beating determined her every action. It was why she would not flinch from the assault of a companion, never returning it - she fought for their justice, whether they agreed with her or not.

She would protect everyone here, no matter the cost.

"Welcome brothers, sisters," Ampere greeted to those who had come, noticing with a sly smile how many handsome studs had already arrived.
When Sohalia arrived, her voice tight with their past, Ampere could not keep the simper curling along her lips. "Sohalia...always a pleasure" Ampere responded, the blue of her eyes holding Sohalia's gaze for a steady period of time. In truth, Ampere had no further quarrel with the pale mare, not after succeeding in getting Gaucho from her side. That ended up being a bust though once she realized he had bonded, shattering her fantasy of him. Still, where was he?

Her thoughts were not left to dwell for long as a new voice rose among the crowd, drawing Ampere's attention to it. Her eyes flashed as they settled upon the painted mare, Ampere's expression at once shifting from curiosity to a hostile frown. "YOU!" Ampere shouted out at Morana, interrupting whatever the mare had to say. "You have the audacity to come here as if nothing happened? As if you did not try to steal one of our own?" As Ampere spoke her feathers began to ruffle and rise against her croup and wings, dust twirling around her hooves, a spark or two occasionally flashing as her magic began to overflow from her overrun emotions. "Explain yourself!" Ampere seethed, the words pushed from between her gritted and exposed teeth.

Others came in the meanwhile, but Ampere's focus was upon the sneak. "Hear me, my sun brethren, stealing of others is a punishable crime!" Ampere cried out to the whole gathering, ripping her gaze away from the thief to travel across the gaze of all those gathered. They had come and they had spoken, but now they must listen. "To ensnare one's freedom in such a way is unforgivable. We only take what we need by way of pivotal information and useful objects" Ampere was quiet for a moment, letting her words settle before continuing.

"We are accepting of any horse, so long as they respect our borders and our rules. They are always subject to questioning however," here Ampere glanced back at Morana. "Because we are a family, and no matter what, we protect one another. Above all else!" Ampere's wings flared with her outcry, her passion rocking her hold on her rock and exciting her blood. She would come to love each and every one of them, she could only hope they would do the same of her. "It was the God of the Sun that led us from the darkness, and it is to him we owe our land, our herd, our lives. Our glory is his glory."

As the moment and the dust settled, so too did Ampere, though there was an evident pride and fervor still wrapped up in her as she gazed across them all. "As such, our allies will be treated like distant family members, though never forget the dust on your hide succeeds anything else." Ampere was mostly leaving the controlling of allies to Africa, not being particularly adept with democratic affairs.

"To keep ourselves fit and knowledgeable, we will run routine patrols, each and every one of us. Your patrol assignments will vary, but you should never patrol alone. Once finished, report any results to either Africa or I" Ampere flicked her wings, readjusting them on her back after their brilliant display recently. "Similarly, you're all expected to learn some basic fighting skills, to assist with your survival. I will be overseeing the warriors, and will always be available to spar with you."

Coding by Tamme

Africa the Starry-Eyed Posts: 727
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven

100%

The assertive, motivated sound of Ampere’s call drew forth a small comforted smile across dry, wrinkled lips. She had been bewildered by their union in the beginning, ultimately disheartened by the choice made by their otherworldly overseer; but the longer she spent mulling in the company of the shorter Pegasus, the more aware she became of his reasoning. Though starkly different; almost as much so as the night and the day, the two mares brought into the unlikely relationship flare and passion- empathy and insight, each to lessen the gravity of their given task. When the darker horse turned to smile, Africa returned it unreservedly.

A dappled creature; wrought with athleticism and courage was the first to heed their call. She was unfamiliar and limped, perhaps an after-effect of the sickness just shed. Africa’s heart squirmed like a worm above ground- cast in burning sunlight, discomforted and discouraged by the manner of her gaze as it swept by to settle upon Ampere who was certainly the more striking of the two. Outwardly she held firm, the frail cracked shell of confidence (the impulse to turn and pull from her lone wing, a feather) glued tightly together by the faith and determination of Ampere, and the judgement of their God. She offered a warm greeting despite the other’s curt regard and fleeting gaze, and a welcoming nod. “We are glad to have you, Hellä. Welcome to Dragon’s Throat.”

Spurred to descend from the icy atmosphere by the trip of his bonded’s nervous mind, Silas eyed the newcomer warily.

The next to arrive was a face Africa knew only because of meetings they had both attended in the past. His name escaped her though; no matter the depths she trawled to try to locate it. It was not to matter however, as the painted stallion introduced himself without delay as the child of Midas. The pallid expression lifted instantly, a gentle smile shining through the pastel yellow glow of her gaze as it came to rest before his own. "Cera, may our Lord of fire and light favour your unwavering loyalty." After passing quietly across the avian figure at his shoulder, soft eyes did not sway from Cera’s emerald watch despite the nag of her conscience; her wish to know if Midas had been seen, if he was safe. It seemed so strange that he was not already among them now, and Africa’s heart was heavy beneath the weight of that naivety- to her, he (with gilt wings and sand-born chains) was the quintessence of Dragon’s Throat.

It would be a question for later she decided, peeling her focus away at last to find the approach of another stallion.

She knew him to be a soldier, though little interest had she felt before now in the army and the names binding it. His figure was quite larger than any she had before dealt with, and her pale eyes traced at length the combination of two horns upon his white streaked face and two enormous wings folded snug against his flanks. As he spoke, his tone brave and manner quite a bit more official than she was used to, Africa offered lightly a smile. "Welcome home Hector." All the time she had hoped old faces would return like this, to spill amongst the new blood with the fierce passion for Dragon’s Throat which had always existed; but suddenly she felt shy before those who would have seen the eras of Kri; of Midas and Gaucho. The one-winged grey could not promise them that success, but she and Ampere would strive, she knew, to build the desert into something equally as fine; power of which would the God of the Sun would be proud.

She could not quell the relief which spilled through her as more familiar faces arrived.

The nervous, unavoidable lines marring her soft, pale complexion eased and she looked fondly over Sohalia who came forward to meet them next- though little more than friendly acquaintances had they ever had the chance to be. She noted quickly the young zephyr who accompanied her, recognizing his type instantly with a bright smile, all the while overlooking the shifting mood of the dove-hued mare’s expression. The avian’s feathers seemed not to shed the light of the sun or stars like Fina and Silas, instead (uncannily like those which had writhed across the dark coat of Ampere in the Threshold), slivers and sparks of electricity seemed to fizz across his wing-feathers. Still, there was something reassuring about the other’s mare’s presence, and she lifted her shoulders more confidently while Sohalia addressed her. She knew nothing of the tensions stretched between the white mare and the blue-black who stood also across the rocky mound- naturally, and accepted that spoken with a warm smile and grateful nod. “Thank you Sohalia, it is great to see you again. Welcome, to your young friend.” The two other mares shared a greeting then, and the one-winged was pleased that they too had already crossed paths- she presumed of course, that they were on friendly terms.

Another spoke then, an unfamiliar voice and it struck no flash of delight through the swiftly rising gaze of Ampere. In fact, it became quickly apparent that the stranger had already committed a felony against the Throat. Concern swelled quickly as the other Sultana’s voice lifted through a hum of murmuring, and Africa’s own lips curled downward with disapproval while eyes sought the face of the one being interrogated. Already Silas had fallen to just beyond the clothed spine of his beloved, and from her mind was drawn apprehension- a feeling which pleased his stout soul little. Open claws reached for the bristled trail of her mane; the point of her withers, and he fluttered amid softly clouding star shine there upon her briefly to secure his balance over the silk before also pausing to eye the convicted distrustfully. Africa’s long charcoal-tinged ears pitched forward as the unpleasant stroke of Ampere’s raised voice demanded an answer; an explanation. While the other’s attention remained attached exclusively to Morana (the name had been pulled before the interruption), the grey turned to greet those still arriving- conflict of any sort was not her forte, and a soft breath erupted as she fell wholeheartedly into the more peaceful undertaking.

Pastel gaze finds the face of Azulee as she speaks- another born here, another with unwavering loyalty to Fire and Light. She smiled carefully, noting the same solemnity which seemed amassed around Cera also. Curiously, Africa remembered her not. “Welcome home,” she answered quietly, kindly… “... and thank you.”

Africa knew the respect of these folk would not be given rashly; she appreciated their consideration though

A face more familiar than the rest caught her attention, mulling in silence (she laughed inwardly), lost as it were amongst the louder lives surrounding. Voodoo was smiling towards her, and beneath the mask of ashen white her cheeks flushed hot and crimson. His was a comfort she had least expected to find returning- especially when the likes of Midas had not. Dipping her maw subtly she regarded her old friend; her childhood crush. Soon enough they would meet in private, though she wondered too if still his skull echoed the insanity he had tried so hard to repel that time upon the beach, just south of the gathering. She could not help the fixation of her eyes, but drew them quickly, coyly, at the site of the reddish stallion who had been there for Ampere’s forthright attack.

Dalibor

The name was as easy to retrieve as the stark memory of that day. Africa felt silly for a moment, swaying atop the podium she had found, not altogether proud of her own contribution that day, many seasons ago. His words were encouraging though, when they erupted quite curtly from his jaws, though before finding the chance to respond, Ampere was again calling through their midst. The grey held her tongue and listened intently, agreeing unreservedly to all which the darker mare beside her declared. They were bound by this task to rebuild the glory of Dragon’s Throat, and Africa’s eyes fell respectfully to rest against her colleague- though the passion stirred through her own heart by the other’s words was more demure, unobtrusive.

Quickly, effortlessly, the one-winged mare’s much gentler voice picked up as Ampere’s began to subside. “I too am available to spar.” It was a very necessary task she realised now, and her creamy gaze flashed with resolution as it swept across the intimate group. “There will be a tournament to determine our Gladiator, they who will head the Throat’s army. Any who wish this charge please step forward now and make your intentions known.” She paused for a good while; enough to let all of those keen to battle to step up. The tournament would start as soon as all names were down. “Soldiers, you have been assigned to either the rank of Spear or the rank of Shield.” She hoped Ampere would in turn elaborate to each filling those roles what responsibilities would be held; she was not extremely confident in that area, though would, given time, learn all that she could.

Africa searched then, for the familiar face of the dove-white mare- the herd’s previous crafter, a bright smile lifting her pallid complexion. “Please step forward, Sohalia. Ampere and I, with the blessing of our Sun Father, would like to offer to you, the rank of Dragon’s Throat Forger. Will you accept?” Sohalia had invested such an enormous amount of her time and toil into the wall, foraging for ore, and for time longer even than the dappled mare herself, the herd, and it filled Africa with great pleasure to be able to hand back that which had thriven in her charge. It was such a shame that the fruits of her labour, lay now crumbled below lapping waves.

For moments more she stayed silent, granting an opportunity for any to speak if they wished.

“There are many fresh faces among you, new bodies who we welcome warmly to Dragon’s Throat. It is for this reason we have not placed the roles of Diviner, Sun Physician, Sleuth... (she looked fleetingly towards Ampere) …and Tamer. It is in the herds best interests, we feel, to appoint only those most suited to these positions. Without knowing you all properly though, we cannot be sure to make the right decision.” A soft smile graced her lips as she looked out across the gathered herd. “We would encourage those curious about the roles to speak with us, and proffer their interest officially when the time comes.”

OOC:

Congratulations Sohalia on your appointment as the Dragon’s Throat Forger!

There will be a tournament to decide the role of Gladiator starting shortly, and we will be using the application process to appoint the roles of Diviner, Sun Physician and Sleuth.

The Chancellor will be appointed at a later time.

image credits
Table and Picture by Nicole <3

Morana Posts: 37
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15 :: 5 Buff: NOVICE
Candy

It was very clear that I had already become very unwelcomed; the blue-toned mare took one glance at me and remembered one small detail I forgot to leave out. My little mingles trying to steal Hector away didn’t go unnoticed. But one fact remained; she was the only one that new. But the rage that enlaced in the blue eyed beauty foretold the events to come would not be easy. Lobes slicked back upon my dual toned crown as I returned her gaze with a rather emotionless stare. Of course, you must be the ring leader in this outfit because of your quick-to-judge lash on someone you don’t even know. But who was I to judge this mare, when I didn’t know her for more than a few moments time.

Her voice like thunder, echoed a shame within my lobes, demanding justice to why I would steal one of their own. At the time of my ‘failed’ attempt, the herds were not in order and the cave was just full of equine for the taking. I breathed, doing my best to keep calm the reactions her expression and emotions would reflect upon the others could mean a bad ending, or start for me. Punishment for stealing a fellow herd mate, what was I going to do with a full grown stallion anyway? I had to do my best not to laugh in her pretty little face, as I glanced to Hector for a brief moment. What would you think of me now, such a wicked attraction to you and I cannot tell you why. And now that you know the truth, do you know what I would have done? Nothing, maybe walks, talks and be on your merry way.

Not the best way to introduce yourself, now is it? You’re in a bad situation Morana. And once again, thank you Capitan obvious!

"Before you place such harsh judgments upon me, perhaps you should know my reason." I breathed, simply. Tones laced with no hint of anger nor fear, just lyrics in the wind answering the demands of the blue-bird. "It was nothing more than playful practice; Hector saved me from the darkness- why would I bestow harm to him? I assure you it was harmless as I owe him my life." I finished, turning to gaze upon the dapple mare with her emerald cape and companion.

I could feel the eyes of many leaching upon my skin, envisioning ripping flesh from the bone like a bunch of wild dogs. I only hoped now, that they wouldn’t chase me from this barren landscape. I stepped to the side, away from anyone’s reach, doing my best to avoid any snapping death or impaling hooves. Others had moved in, and it was the shock of the moment that had my head wound around what would become of me now. Should they attack, even though they preached of peace- I wouldn’t hesitate to defend myself against their strikes and punishment; but I had done nothing wrong and I would stand my ground on that.

My stance held no hostility, and my crown did not lower to the earth. I was here because I wanted to be, who else did I know? No other herd lands have been mentioned. I wanted to come where I was originally extended an invitation to. But I would not beg for forgiveness.

"Please, accept my apology as I do not know the ways of your kingdom until this day." I breathed words neutral but firm. Lobes lifting firm their pressed position against my crown , silver orbs gave a gentle apologetic glance to Hector as I fought the urge to back away from the group even more. Instead, I stood silent, awaiting the mighty hoof of the winged mare to plummet down upon my skull as if I were the dirt she stood upon. The gray mare, passing out ranks among the group- as I sighed hoping it would take their frustration else where. I didn't need this now. Playing nice, was fairly hard.Playing Submissive? Perhaps.

Ooc: Didn’t see this coming.
Mother's Voice.
Response to mother.

Morana
Image Credit

Azulee Posts: 62
Dragon's Throat Warrior atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 hands :: 6 years :: Orangemoon HP: 65.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Valda
They are not as impressive as the Dragon Throat of old, the lightning maiden notes to herself churlishly; they are not soldiers, not healers, not bold-hearted rulers of iron blood. This new herd is full of half-hearts, riddled with uncertainties, and she wonders if they'll be able to survive the heat of the summer sun and the bitter cold of the remaining winter weeks. It's difficult to imagine this ragtag gathering turning into something to be proud of, but it's more difficult to imagine her world without the arid sands, the wind and the storms of the desert. I can help them, she reminds herself firmly. I do not have to drift away on the breeze. Yet still, the slender mare cannot overlook the frailty of her new leader, the wing shredded from shoulder; she cannot forget Ampere's volatile nature, her shrieks and shouts in the cavern coming just as suddenly as her tears. The daughter of the Ardent's heart gives a pained twist, mirroring the scowl contorting her charcoal lips; their union seems bizarre, if not downright foolish, and she wonders what struck the Sun God to gift them with dragon crowns and leadership of his herdland.

A shrug ripples through her wings, a flicker of her ebonite feathers. Even if they were doomed to failure, she would do her best to assist the leaders, as was her responsibility as part of the herd.

A shout rings obnoxiously loud through the air; her cranium jerks upwards, ears twisting to pin to her neck. Obsidian brows furrow as she gives a second glance to the equine mare singled out by Ampere. Why would she steal someone just for the practice? Azulee thought that rather violent for the sake of a few laughs- but nonetheless, she feels vaguely annoyed at the Sultana's dire warnings. Shouting would not help anyone, not any more than it would win her respect.

The electric mare steps forward, arching her neck with all elegance she can muster, wings put to half-mast and smile gracing charcoal lips. "If I may interrupt," she begins with flourishing eloquence and courtesy, but the lightning maid has never been one to dance and circle around the point. "I don't believe shrieking will help anyone other than give them an earache. The mare made a mistake- as long as she doesn't do it again, what's the point in yelling about it?" Voltaic eyes dance with an unreadable light, and on that note and with an imperious flick of an ear, she steps back into the ranks of pegasi and assorted species, slipping into anonymity once again.

As Africa greets her, the delicate mare quietly acknowledges her with a dip of her head. She doesn't put it to words, but she vows inwardly to not disappear as swiftly as she had last year.

As the one-winged leader comes to finish speaking, the lightning maiden feels a twinge of relief. Perhaps she had been wrong, with her beliefs of insecurity; it seemed that the sultanas had set up an impressive system to follow in Kri's footsteps; and she wondered if she should say something now, or later, about her interests. Now, she decides. "I would be interested in working as a Spear," Azulee confesses, with a balletic dance of her long obsidian lashes. "And working upwards in the ranks. I want to help the herd the best I can."
My friends, I'm only flesh and bone but I won't let you die alone.
credits

hard mode—HP: 65/65

physical force and magic is permitted to be used on Azulee at any time provided it does not involve powerplay (unless specified otherwise); please contact me before attempting to kill.
please tag me!

Dalibor Posts: 48
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: 9 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
redgod
DALIBOR
I am someone to hate

The women were bitching and screaming at each other. What a wonderful way to begin a newly reformed herd: screeching like a flock of angry vultures. Ampere wasn't fit to be a leader, that much was made wholly clear to him once more. She was too explosive, too emotional, had no filter. To be a leader meant to show one face to your constituency and choose when you let them see past that mask.

Ampere didn't have the control.

That could get them all killed.

Grunting as the gigantic-winged one offered herself as a Spear, Dalibor figured he might as well get this over with now. "The only thing I'm good at is killing, so might as well make me a soldier. Only use you'll get out of me," he said honestly, wholly unperturbed by anything else going on around him.

If he was going to be a part of this place, he might as well be useful. Something that wasn't useful didn't have a place. He didn't want to fight, but what else could he do? Dalibor was no scholar, no mender, no crafter, no thief in the night. Injury, victory, death - those were the things he produced. His profession should reflect as much.

He glanced between Ampere and Africa, deciding he wished to speak again to the latter. How had she come to this position? A leader was not something he'd anticipated out of her, and that intrigued him. What else was he missing?

"talk talk talk"
Thoughts

---------------------
OOC: Short, I know, but Dal's pretty much slated to be a killer and that's about that. >.>

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
Sohalia

She regretted her abysmal greeting as soon as it left her tongue, though Astraeus did not understand her change of heart. He crooned softly to her, settling on her shoulders, confusion evident through their bond. Ampere had stolen from the fallen angel, had she not? And should she not be treated with as much disdain as she deserved? But Sohalia, raised from the cradle to treat others as she would like to be treated, to give the benefit of the doubt wherever possible, and above all, to forgive - she knew better. She knew that her dislike of the blue was unlikely to fade, but she also knew that she owed Ampere her loyalty. One way or another, she had come to rule the Dragon's Throat in Gaucho's stead. The stallion that the angel pined over was nowhere to be seen - but Ampere was here, strong and able and, apparently, taking responsibility. If nothing else, that should endear her to the stubborn ivory with the electric bird.

The wakiya let a soft, indignant cry escape his beak, a shadow of the fear-inducing, predatory shriek that he would develop as he aged. He still did not understand. What he did understand was that Africa had greeted him with a smile, and he promptly fell to preening himself, particularly when he noticed the other zephyr accompanying the Sultana.

Sohalia resisted the urge to roll her eyes at his vanity, instead turning her attention to Ampere. In truth, she supposed they were more alike than either of them would admit. Perhaps she had misjudged the blue. "I would very much like an opportunity to speak with you when you have a moment, Ampere. I would like to learn how to fight, and I hear you are quite experienced." It was a soft attempt to smooth things over, to move forward in the new life they must lead together, disguised beneath a logical exterior. But suddenly, Ampere's features morphed into a shade of hostility that the angel had not previously seen, and she realized that she and Ampere were not enemies. The new arrival, however, had clearly done something very wrong in the blue's eyes. She stepped away, avoiding the conflict, and settled to wait. Her gaze roamed over the gathering, listening to bits and pieces of conversation as they floated through the air around her.

And then, the dramatics were over (or, at least, they had shifted). Ampere's vocals rose and carried across the assembled members of the herd, and Sohalia found herself listening with rapt attention. The passion with which the blue spoke was invigorating. The ivory mare could see how she had risen to the throne. Africa's voice, when it came, was soft, but no less demanding of attention. As the mares traded roles, the angel began to see how they had separated the ranks, began to see the bigger picture of who was supposed to do what.

When her name was called, she was not surprised. She had not expected a return to her former title, but had longed for it even so, and somehow finding herself placed in the shoes in which she had excelled previously was a welcome similarity to the life she had led before. She stepped forward, her head bowed slightly with respect, as Africa addressed her, smile as she finished. "I would be honored to be your Forger. It is my desire to serve the Dragon's Throat as well as I may. I will not disappoint you." She stepped back again, blending into the crowd and listening to the continuation of the meeting. Astraeus crooned softly from her back, his own form of congratulations. He may not have understood the words, but he understood her pleasure, and that was enough for him.

"Talk talk talk."
@[name]

Sohalia
Don't wanna leave this life knowing I barely tried...
Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

Hellä Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

As creatures came swaying their ways in, I glanced around and noticed that most of the population was winged equines. I only saw one mare equine, a light/dark colt, and a – well – weird thing with both wings and a horn. What the hell had I gotten myself into? I was in a place with a bunch of fucking, sprouting-withered, BIRDS. Why the hell did it have to be BIRDS?! I would much rather live with mice than birds. Birds. FUCKING BIRDS. You want to know what I call these birds? I call them the – twitching little mistakes. Because really, whoever invented these, whatever they are, must have been twitching drunk when they had sex with a bird. They made a big mistake. Like, mammoth-sized mistakes.

Well, anyway, as I stood there with my chest pumping so hard that I thought my veins were going to explode because of all the beating wings that were tripping in, I listened to the dark lady speak. I sent every word to my mind, hoping that short-term memory lost (if I have it?) wouldn’t kick in soon, because if I was going to stay in this place (not like I cared if I did), I needed to keep myself updated fairly well. I needed high expectations out of myself because from the looks of it, this place was going to need a lot of help. Whether it be warrior wised, or well, more different breed wise.

I planned to go to the Threshold later, probably late in the day where the sun’s rays touched the horizon. I found that it was easier in the time of the day, because all of the creatures had fallen asleep where they didn’t move around so much, and also it wasn’t so hot. I get burnt easily, okay? Don’t judge a burnt, white woman. She’ll take you down in a half-of-a-second without a single hesitation of it. That’s just how we women roll, because of our, well, hormones. I think.

You’re making me get off subject, just shut up and listen for Gods sake.

I stood there, watching as all the Pegasi flew in over my flightless body. I stared at them all for a second and then looked back to the two queens. I smiled and nodded at the mares, then dipped my head slightly towards my shoulder, as if I had an itch (which I didn’t). “I will take any position that you think I’m capable of.” I paused for a moment before moving on to my next statement. “As for patrols, I will start on my half immediately before I head towards the Threshold to see if I could be some help there.” I let my head turn back to where I could see the mares straight on again.

Image Credits

A M P E R E

Her attention remained fixated on Morana even as she addressed the group. Her gaze swept back to the painted mare at every mention of stealth; the weight of her blue eyes driving in the essence of her words.

One voice however, drew that striking stare elsewhere.

Blue met blue, both equally electrifying and bold, familiar even. Ampere remembered Azulee from the caverns, but there was more to the look in her eye than that. She couldn't place it... and shook it off as nothing more than a memory of their past. It was no so long ago, but even so they had both been different then, hadn't they?

The memory of their meeting had been fond to Ampere, but the words exchanged now were otherwise. Her lips set into a thin line, though a spark of amusement settled in the depths of her irises. Ampere paused and the desert was quiet.
"I did not realize you were so sensitive," Ampere murmured, though not entirely genuine, "my apologies."

Her gaze swept elsewhere then, not minding the voiced opinion, in fact she welcomed them, but there was a way and a time to deliver them. It must run in the family that they both failed to understand what and when that time was.

Ampere had already decided to forgive Morana after she'd spoken her piece, before Azulee leapt needlessly to her aid. The Mother of Companions was quick to judge, but she was not long to forgive. "You are absolved," Ampere responded to Morana, nodding her head as her wings resettled against her back. Her attentionf licked back to the whole of the herd, her gaze coasting over her brothers and sisters, "but know that a a breach of anyone's freedom will not be tolerated, for any reason." Ampere finished, her voice strong and clear. She would leave today feeling slightly disturbed by the complacency demonstrated in regards to kidnapping. Few seemed ruffled by Morana's crime, and Azulee even defended it. The willingness of her kind to bind themselves in chains would never cease to astound her.

Ampere settled more comfortably beside Africa, her nerves dispersed now that they had plunged into their roles and spoken what needed to be said. The herd had given her new light to her position - she may not be the leader they were looking for, but if anything in this meeting was clear, she was the leader they just might need. "I trust in the sun..."

Ampere turned to give a small smile to Africa.

As each voice spoke up to fill the ranks, Ampere nodded, quietly pleased with all the warriors. They would need to train soon. "I will deliver patrol duties in the morning," Ampere began when it seemed everyone had spoken their turn.

"Until then, let us revel in this day. A day in which we have been born from the darkness by the god's light. Honor this moment, our survival, on this Day of Deliverance."

She smiled, truly grateful of their continued gift of life, and of the opportunity to share a family with them. With that, Ampere took to the skies, needing to clear her head and wash herself in the sun after a eternity spent underground.

Coding by Tamme