the Rift

First sign of spring
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

Midas
the one to see you through your darkest times

Though he struggled to say my name without extra embellishment, in the end my young friend succeeded. I disliked titles; they set men above their brothers in common conversation. Very rarely did my words call upon the benefits of honor that came with a crown—but most certainly not in front of kin. “Better,” I soothed when Marco finally dropped the ‘highness’ and reverence.

His surprise to my statement was warranted, possibly due to a tender age. “Hmm,” the serpents lay in our bed—they hissed and swept me over with their silted eyes. I was no snake charmer, and it was only a matter of time before one such reptile got the opportunity to bite.“It is a thing of little concern right now,” purposely I ended our conversation on that topic—we two weren’t gossiping mares. Instead interest shifted back to his standing in the herd, and how the young lad had begun to grow within this family, “Has ye begun training in a duty? And honing your battle skills?” Talking about spars and war was often easier than conversation on the politics of running a clan.

Besides, nothing could quite stomp the sweaty smell of two combatants locked in the heat of passion. A dance that was as old as courtship, beautiful and savage all at once; my lips curled into a high smile, pushing against whatever dreary ailment that had inflicted my mind, “Should ye need a dancing partner to further your training, consider me a willing one.”

Attack (0,3)
Word count 252

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
First sign of spring - by Midas - 03-17-2014, 07:01 PM
RE: First sign of spring - by Marco - 03-21-2014, 01:28 PM
RE: First sign of spring - by Midas - 03-28-2014, 08:42 AM
RE: First sign of spring - by Marco - 04-06-2014, 12:03 PM
RE: First sign of spring - by Midas - 04-10-2014, 09:29 PM
RE: First sign of spring - by Marco - 04-17-2014, 11:12 AM
RE: First sign of spring - by Midas - 05-01-2014, 09:51 AM
RE: First sign of spring - by Sevin - 05-04-2014, 01:52 AM