the Rift

[OPEN] Just BEAR With Me

Quinn Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Quinn
War does not determine who is right -
only who is left.

She had come in the cover of darkness and kept herself hidden as long as she possible could. The hide helped a lot, both in keeping her warm and blending in. Bears were smart creatures with great camouflage, but she was covered in a black one, not brown, so the effect would not be as good by day. Well, she'd just have to live with that, as she'd rather have her hide that have none at all.

In her journey to find the black and white stallion, she had passed something that looked like a broken glass wall. Obviously this spiked her interest, but as time was of the essense, she moved on. And soon the smell of horses and beasts lingered in the air. She had to be close now.

This journey had woken her old self and already she shows signs of her strict upbringing. She was weary and never crossed an open space without making sure she was the only one with a pulse and she never lingered in the same spot for long. It felt almost good to be on a mission again, to use what so painfully had been learned over the years. But still, one major thing separated this from any other quests she had been on - this time, she was looking for her love and not her death.

It became harder to go unnoticed now, so she shook of the bears head from her own and continued between the trees. How much longer was it until the horned one showed himself and when, oh when, would they fulfill their agreement. The thought of it made her belly tingle and surprisingly enought, she was looking forward to it.

This was the last time she would use what she knew of walking in the shadows, how to be invisible and how to come as close to her target as she possibly could. She would lay all that behind her to take up a new role, a role dedicated to bring new life instead of ending one.

@[Nato]

Nato Posts: 84
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17 :: 13 Buff: NOVICE
Candy
From the shadow of the pine, the demon of onyx and alabaster hue emerged through the shadows, twisted iron horn winding up against the heavens. Although the heavily scarred warrior was no longer in his prime, the beast still packed a punch when it came to his defenses. Years of experience and deadly encounters, to witness the life fade from another’s eyes was all too regular.

But through all the war crimes, the death and devastation, a new chapter had begun in his life. The sands of time ticking away, muscles would eventually within the coming years, grow thin and weak. How he dreaded it, growing old, but the desire to have children, to spawn and spread his glory was all he lived for now. A stallion at stud, to create a new generation; but he wouldn’t do it alone.

Pools glow like warm embers in the blanket of night as he stood still within the grasp of darkness. The thin blanket of snow drifting in places around the once transparent glass wall- as its glittering deadly edge loomed hauntingly in silence, the remainder of a one sided war. And there, walking into his home was the pale faced warrior herself. One all those years ago that he had bet wouldn’t breathe no longer after her 5th year, and my how was he mistaken.

She had a temper like an explosive desire to prove one’s self. Promising her a child, in hopes that it would be a son, one they could raise together to one day, perhaps rule a kingdom of his own. Polished daggers shuffled in the snow as the massive muscle rippled, bones grind and pop with the cold as he advances into her direction. He took careful glances over her illuminated physique, noting its beauty and the way her acquired bear skin shimmered in the moon light.

A smirk pulled upon his velvet lips as he neared her directly from the front, pools resting upon her own as his muzzle lingered but a few feet from hers. "Good evening my dear." my voice was deep and husky, perhaps a bit of a playful tinge. It was nice; to have this companion to release this energy and emotion of the years I left behind. To start anew, to live again; he felt younger already. And on top of that, it was his eyes leaching off her obsidian beauty, her animal fur dress blending well with her features. "Is it suitable for you?" Words fell softly, as his eyes peeled away and gazed to the surrounding terrain. In the spring, it would be a beautiful and safe place for a foal to play.

And just wait, till she found out about a foal he had decided to take ownership of.

@[Quinn]
Nato
Image Credit

Unregistered

Quinn
only who is left.

She watched him emerge from the shadows and without knowing it, regained her stance as the true warrior she was born to be. With a slight nod of her whitened head she greeted him, taking one step closer.

She could do worse. It was not that she had any other suitors lurking about, but considering their history and his knowledge of her's, she had actually begun to feel something towards him. Was it something as complicated as love or something as easy as friendship? The last one she knew and the first one she hoped for.

"So I am a 'dear' now, huh?" she laughed as they drew closer. "If I did not know better, I would think of you as a gentleman based on that remark." Her laughter and playfulness grew into her blue eyes and even a smile became visible on her velvet maw. It was so unlike her to show this side to anyone, as years of training and mental breakdown had almost stripped her for emotions. But somehow he knew how to bring it back. A look, some words, that was all it took.

When his eyes left her and focused on their surroundings, her's followed. "It is not the desert, but as I have travelled, I know how to seek out the beauty of each place." She took it in then, her new home. It was indeed different from her birth-place, but as change brings new opportunities, she would make the best of it. "I think he will like it, our son, as I can not imagine a better place to be born and raised."

@[Nato]

Hidden Account
Candy
Lobes lazed back as she remarked about his remark of being a gentleman, and he knew that within his black heart, a warm spot had grown for her. Just a few years ago, he wouldn’t have tolerated such a statement, because it would have been false. Hungry for retirement, he stood here now in the snow kissed blades to understand what life was really all about. It wasn’t the war and the bloodshed that made him feel alive, but it was necessary for survival. His skin, like stretched leather had been cut, bruised and bitten. Inflictions of burns and other magical scars he was truly a sight to behold. How did he survive, and why?

Crimson pools, fell to her as she glanced around the place he had grown to call home. Speaking of their future son, as if she already knew what gender the child would be. He smiled, and nodded his head before turning to gaze upon the glittering horizon. Indeed he hoped for a son, one to not follow in his footsteps in darkness, but in light. To be a noble child, masked in the art of battle; He breathed deep and released in a sign wondering what the future would hold for the duo that stood lonely in this waste land come to life.

"With you in it, it makes it all the more beautiful." He said softly, gazing through the trees, listening to the rest of his herd mates shuffle through the distance. Indeed, there wouldn’t be a better place for a child to be born and raised. Hoping, that one day when his soul is to fade away to the heavens, that his child would rein on in his place. "Come Spring." He uttered to her, leaning in her direction with his nape, blush lips brushing her shoulders in a friendly promise. ”First born needs to be healthy." They were both fairly bulky in size, and he knew the foal would be a big burden to lug around. Even though, the thought of watching Quinn waddle around the Edge was slightly amusing, he dare not laugh- not now; later.

@[Quinn]
Nato
Image Credit

Unregistered

Quinn
only who is left.

The future lay before her, once covered in darness and despair, but now, it bathed in light and promises. Indeed, she thought, whatever seed he would plant in her, would blossom into something the world had never seen before. She hoped not for a ruler nor a king, but a wise son, both in battle and in love.

And she would pour her wisdom into her child, share with him the ways of her folk and of her adventures beyond the desert. He would know of kings and queens of old, so the tales would not be forgotten. Oh, how she wondered how it would feel, to bring forth a life and watch it grow. Never before had she thought the path she chose would lead to a family, but here she was.

Soft ears caught his words, but they swayed her little. "There is no need for pretty words or flattery, Nato. I am yours and yours alone." She spoke with softness in her voice, but they still carried out the promise she had made. "Now, show me where we are going to live and breathe."

She should have felt fear with all that was going on, but instead, she felt only calm. To know she did not need to shed blood to see the sun rise or walk a thousand miles to see home, was new, but welcome. This warrior would never kill again, unless someone threated her or her family's existense.

@[Nato]

Hidden Account
Candy
Her words ruffled through his mind as she seemed to shun his act of kindness, claiming that she was his and his alone. But of course she was, for the time being in his possession. It would be the wrath of the leaders to decide if she should stay. Though he was pretty sure there would be no hostility against it. He turned and gazed upon the horizon, and thought of his dear mother, wondering if she was smiling down upon him now that the darkness had fled his blood. Twin lobs slicked back against his skull as he missed seeing her painted form lead him through the forest of the eclipse. Years have passed now, and some day they would be united again.

Crimson pools moved slowly over the bodice of Quinn, taking her muscle tone and slick coat that lay hidden below the fluffy bear skin. His hooded mistress had the heart of a warrior that ached for more out of life, and who would have thought that he would be the one to save it. He grinned to himself, knowing that come spring the light foot falls of foal hooves would be thundering across the meadows. He hoped the child would be born healthy, and to be born of the male blood. To raise a son to take his place in this world when he falls from its horizon, if only he could be so lucky; what would he look like?

”I can see him now." Nato mused aloud to the mare next to him as he gazed out across the glittering meadow. His picturesque idea of a son galloping into the distance, growing into a fine young stallion; he beamed of excitement. ”When should we begin?" His tones deep and husky as he turned and playfully bumped his muzzle against her withers, soon they would have a jolly good time.

@[Quinn]
Nato
Image Credit