[PRIVATE] like a comet pulled from orbit; as it passes a sun

Mermaid Posts: 47
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2hh :: 9 Years Buff: NOVICE
Tzarra
MERMAID
AND WE DANCED LIKE A WAVE ON THE OCEAN, ROMANCED
WE WERE LIARS IN LOVE AND WE DANCED

The ground beneath my hooves is cracked and dry. Fire runs in red rivers below the cracks. It is unseasonably warm in this place, even for springtime weather, it makes me itch and sweat and wonder why I am here. Indeed, why am I here? The last time I walked this strange terrain I wanted nothing more than to get away from it and yet, I have returned. I suppose it is partly because I do not like to leave lingering fears lurking behind me waiting to pounce and partly because I am worried about the few friends I made in the underground. I have seen none of them in the above world and I wonder if they might not still be down there, injured or trapped or simply too frightened to leave…

I pause as I reach a gaping hole in the ground, I do not recall this fire pit from before and am puzzled by it now. Of course, I was not paying attention to anything other than the way out and a path to greener fields when I escaped the caves. This is quite a large thing to have overlook but I guess I must have, there is really no other explanation. Shaking my head I turn away from the roaring inferno feeling rather disgusted with myself. My eyes fall on the cave mouth and I freeze, just like before. I do not want to go any nearer to it, I… I might fall in! Just as I suspected, without Lena to coax me I will not be intentionally returning to the depths of the caverns any time soon. But, what if my friends are down there?

Maybe… maybe I can find out without actually going in… and, and then get someone else to help them. Yes, that will work.

After suspiciously eyeing the cave mouth up, down and side to side I finally convince myself that it is safe to move closer. One very slow step after another time and time again, eventually I am face to face with the endless black hole. Not giving myself the chance to hesitate further I stick my head inside and call down into the darkness.

“Hello? Is anyone down there? Nasreen, Lena, Elsiyum... Rabbit?”

SWEPT AWAY FOR A MOMENT BY CHANCE
HTML BY SARAHROO | IMAGE FROM WEHEARTIT

@[Muriel] - private thread but feel free to invite Leliel if you want, up to you.
[Image: 52ebd2e176c2b]
[Image: 525f791c057b6]HP: 60/60
"she came from the sea..."
Global permission granted to do anything at any time with/to Mermaid so long as it is survivable!
Tagging preferences: tag away! | Contact Preferences: PM please!
(Am I being sluggish?  Check my status HERE)
HELOVIA HARD MODE