the Rift

It's All a Lie

Hope Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
First post. Please do not reply.

Elpida drudged through the damp soil silently, a stern, thoughtful expression dominating her face.

A powerful tug, guiding her home.

She wanted it to be over.
The lies she had told herself; over and over, trying in vain to convince herself she had made the right choice.
It was all a dream - no, a nightmare she created for herself, out of reckless impulsiveness.
However bleak her future, Elpida knew she still had one choice: To go back to the only real home she ever knew.
Elpida missed the rushing waterfall, the lush topiary, and, most of all, the near silence that her abode emitted.
She still had hope - after all, that's what she was named after.
A rustle. She froze. She was certainly in no mood to fight; couldn't the attacked have waited for a more suitable] time? Ah, well.
Elpida wildy scanned her surroundings: Her white coat stood out amongst the browns and greens and reds of the forest. The only part of her that blended in was her muzzle. Somehow, that thought only panicked her a bit more.
"Show yourself!" she hissed. "Now! I'm ready." Despite her instinctive fear, she rushed forward, barely acknowleding the brances that tugged at her long, silken mane.
[i]Once again, Elpida had maken a fool of herself.

"I can't even tell a bird from a horse," she muttered to herself, embarassed.
Turning west, she resumed her weary journey. Whe would the torture be over? She wanted to lay by the pool of clear water, mirroring the sky. She wanted to lay her head on her legs and wake up and find another herd to join. For good this time, she vowed. I will be lead mare yet.