the Rift

[OPEN] I Don't Need To Be The Hero Tonight
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

m i d a s
There's nothing in this world I wouldn't do.
My frustration couldn’t be smothered entirely—I'd been trying feverously to make everyone happy, and ended up appeasing nobody. The volume of bitching and complaining had increased tenfold. “I didn’t want leave,” voice quaked quietly, “I’ve only tried to do what was best…”

He was angry and bitter for being left alone for so many moons—but it wasn’t possible to respin the hands of fate in a manner that would correct his grief. My child had been through so much, and seen to many horrible things; his gentle soul had been twisted beyond recognition. “I couldn’t leave with Ktulu asked it of me,” would my abandonment of home changed our relationship? Nay, destiny would have finished its bid regardless of my choice, a prolonged death was still a death.

“Why does ye desire to stand as a half-god? What makes ye so unsatisfied?” He’d always had a lack in confidence when the topic of appearance came up; those emotions befuddled me—I’d always been satisfied in my skin, even when it was tight and beaten to a pulp. To yearn forcibly for something more than yourself had surely led to a lack of fulfillment. “I love thee as ye stands.” Tone had softened, and though my face was still strained I raised eyes to meet bright emeralds. This was a chance to move past our precedent failures; to rise as a phoenix from the ashes. “I’m scared Cera…everyone I’ve loved—has left me to fight alone, and I know I’m not the perfect father ye deserved, nor was I around during many hours of your childhood.”
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
I Don't Need To Be The Hero Tonight - by Cera - 03-18-2014, 10:33 PM
RE: I Don't Need To Be The Hero Tonight - by Cera - 03-27-2014, 01:43 AM
RE: I Don't Need To Be The Hero Tonight - by Cera - 04-10-2014, 01:24 AM
RE: I Don't Need To Be The Hero Tonight - by Midas - 05-04-2014, 03:23 PM