the Rift

[OPEN] The Color of Kinship

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
Ranjiri

"Its spring."

At least he didn't laugh at me and point out that my comment about the sun was completely stupid. When was the sun not bright? Rather than entertain him with more useless observations and information that he already knew I just shrugged my shoulders and continued to stare at the ground. Maybe if I stared hard enough the ground would open up and swallow me up and save me from having to talk to someone I might have hurt and didn't remember doing it. I didn't even know why he was talking to me in the first place, it wasn't like we were actual friends. He had just happened upon me and Roskuld exchanging gifts on the outskirts of his home. I swallowed the tears that stung my eyes when I thought of her and his voice made me look up again, though reluctantly.

My feather....

He has my feather. Why?

"How...?" I don't even know what to say. Did I attack him and he took it from me? I can't remember if I even had feathers when the darkness had me. I stared down at the feather, feeling sick to my stomach and then he said he got it from a wraith and I looked up again. So he wanted to return my feather to me? It was a kind gesture, though somewhat strange. What would I do with it? The ones I lost would grow back.

"I'm glad you're not dead."

Its funny how I found myself wishing sometimes that I was dead only to hear from someone who is little more than a total stranger that he's glad that I'm not. Its so strange, Momma.

I choked back a sob and ducked my head down to wipe my eyes against my forelegs. I just wished that I could go back and change what happened because I don't like hurting anyone and I hurt so many horses. "Thank you." I finally whispered and picked the feather up gently between my teeth. I didn't want it, though. I had so many more feathers and that one would be replaced by a new one. So I stepped toward him hesitantly and attempted to tuck the feather into his mane near his withers so if he decided he didn't want it he could take it out and throw it away. "You can keep it if you want it.... it looks better on you, anyway."

@[Dragomir]

"."

Image Credit

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
The Color of Kinship - by Dragomir - 03-19-2014, 06:19 PM
RE: The Color of Kinship - by Ranjiri - 03-28-2014, 08:55 PM
RE: The Color of Kinship - by Dragomir - 04-02-2014, 11:17 AM
RE: The Color of Kinship - by Ranjiri - 04-09-2014, 10:50 PM
RE: The Color of Kinship - by Dragomir - 04-11-2014, 10:33 AM
RE: The Color of Kinship - by Ranjiri - 04-19-2014, 11:31 PM
RE: The Color of Kinship - by Dragomir - 04-21-2014, 12:17 PM