the Rift

[OPEN] Fade to Black

Agrona Posts: 115
Hidden Falls Tiro atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: Seven HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
Agrona

"Fuck!" "God damn it!" "Son of a bitch!" Neat hooves clip the roughly cut rocks, causing me to trip and stumble every once in a great while. My lady-like words spiral through the thinning air as I travel upward, my unused, out of shape and already tired muscles cry as I push myself up the mountain side. Not yet have I scaled this rocky cliff, but now that we live so daringly close to the damn thing, might as well, right? I don't imagine very much is up on top; maybe a little goat. The image of a bleating ram tumbling down the deadly sides after a blunt kick in the side makes a smile press across my face.

I work my way up and up and up, the oxygen that's left seeming the be leached out of the surrounding air with each huff and puff of needed breath. Retraining my body to become once more healthy and useful will be a long process, but it will come to me, only if I work at it. Procrastination lingered in the back of my cloudy skull, but the pressing image of my father's unimpressed eyes drives me on. From the base of the hillside I had started out at a long canter, but that was shot down after only a few moments when I realized it was steeper than I had given credit for. Soon enough, I was forced to keep up a fast walk, occasionally trotting when the trails opened to a straight shoot.

Sweat trickles down my dark coat, streaks of gathered dirt and dust making me look like I was covered in dark brindle markings along my entire back; heavy saturation hangs on my neck beneath my thick mane and along my whithers. "Holy shit," my conscience puffs, both ears turned outward on either sides of my twin antlers. The rock is at it's steepest when I want to turn around and head back down hill, but there's a new smell.. Grass? Perhaps there will be a little herd of baa-ing goats! My face pokes up from the low level to be invited to a field of grass, the snow up in this elevation mostly frozen. I climb into the clearing, heavy breaths coming in and out furiously through wide nostrils.

Violet pools search over the visible ground; "No goats." I say, the words falling on deaf ears. That girly giggle that I've come to take a liking to recently fills the air, my wild eyes full of entertainment supplied by my over active imagination. Horned cranium drops to shoulder height and I shake out my whole body, my mane and tail shivering in the still air before landing back against my sweaty body.

"talk talk talk"
Tagged:@[Oberon] can jump in here whenever he's claimed, but its still open for anyone. <3

The nights were mainly made

for saying things that you

can't say tomorrow day
Credits: code by Tamme | Image by Sarah | Stock Credits in the Link

Let me tell you something baby
You love me for everything you hate me for
[Image: 542f83afbdf08]
  • Please tag me in every post!

Abishia Posts: 225
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 16 HH :: 5 years ~ Birdsong Buff: NOVICE
Wild.

Long puffs of air billow from her nares, the air is much thinner here, on the top of this... What the fuck was it? Abishia glanced down at her trembling legs, and beneath her dainty hooves was harsh stone. Lowering her dome, she touches the glass horn that crowns her dished dome to the grey stone, a delightful cling reaching her harks. Slowly, she raises her dome to stare at the path before her, a narrow area - more like a tiny valley - between two masses of rocks. The paths slopes up sharply, before residing out of view. Curiously, she pushes on, toned muscles working as one to carry the lean and lanky child up the cliff face. Soon, she crests the rise, and before her stretches out a clearing, dotted with snow. Her breath comes short now, the lack of oxygen getting to her and daring to make her weak. But no, she pushes away the urge to stop, but movement makes her urge even farther. Sweat lined harks flick forward, taking in a voice that is unfamiliar to her. Cocking her head slightly, she bellows a warm nicker.

She turns, avoiding the rocks that gut out into the clearing, her legs sore, frogs screaming at her to halt and take a break. Moving slowly, she pushes her tongue against the roof of her mouth the dry sensation giving her no comfort, only the want for water. But soon, she nears the dual horned girl, she is beautiful, but skinny. She seems tired, beat down... But hey, Abishia was never good at reading one's body language. She offers another low nicker, making sure not to startle the dark girl, dotted with a cream mane, tail and forelock. The glass feathers in her tail clank against one another and her hocks as she takes a small step forward, then settles by cocking her left hind leg. Slowly, she begins to speak, her voice echoing against the crisp air, and cold, harsh rocks. "Greetings, Senora" Her voice trails off, the word rolling off her tongue, the language in which she had become accustomed too while she was with Province's herd. Far from here. "The name is Abishia. What is yours, miss?"

@[Agrona]

ABISHIA

Image Credits

lines
please tag me in any and all posts

Adoptable
Agrona

A distant, soft call twirls through the air, my ears flicking backward toward the source of the sound. My skull swings over my right shoulder, left ear popping forward and right staying back. Both lilac eyes flit around curiously, brows furrowing in a confused manner as I find nothing but grass and rocks. My body freezes, natural instinct taking over momentarily, the only motion of my body is the occasional wisp of wind-caught hair. The clearing stays quiet otherwise, and I let my guard down, my skull dropping slowly back to a comfortable hold.

The silence is once more shattered by yet another little whicker, and my ears slam back against my white hair. I turn my skull, this time over my left shoulder, and my body follows with one turn on my heels. "Greetings Senora." The painted mare calls, an unfamiliar accent rolling off of her tongue. I set my back left hoof on it's end, tail flicking and coiling around my ankles. "My name is Abishia, what is yours miss?" Violet eyes watch the mare quietly, ears lifting from my stringy hair to sit backwards.

"Agrona." I respond after an odd point of silence. I search her body with no intent to hide the obvious, pulling prominent features into my memory: a clear - no, purple horn? Whatever it is, there is a singular horn sticking up from her dainty face, thick chestnut hair flows from her thin neck, and white splashes her body in strips. Nothing extremely prominent will make this youngster stick to my brain like Seele had, for instance.

I shift my weight back onto all fours, taking long stridden steps toward her without a care; judged by her greeting alone, this filly means no harm. My sweat drenched coat is matched by newly met Abishia, rings of sweat lingering on both of our bodies in over-heated areas. I pause a bodies' length away from her, still staring at her with wild purple eyes. "What brings you up here, Miss Abishia?" I am feeling somewhat friendly, this reunion with the drain of energy of enjoyment of hard work putting me in some strange good mood.

"talk talk talk"
Tagged: @[Abishia]
Ooc: Sorry for the boring response and long wait!

can't say tomorrow day

Hidden Account
Wild.

She was ringed with sweat too, for she must have taken the climb up here also, the hard work causing a effect on her body in the version of sweat. But her eyes are the things that stick out most, not her odd silences, and not-so-friendly voice affect the girl as much as her wild, purple stare. Mysterious and beautiful, curiosity stabs her in the chest. This lady is beautiful in an odd way, two swirling horns and extravagant lilac eyes against dark and light hues. A light smile washes over her ivory kissers, her dainty head turning to look out on the land below them, half blocked by mist, but half visible. The field below her, hiding in the wind, performing a ballet before the duo, the ladies standing on top of the world. She then turned back to Agrona,  content shown on her features. Working hard to get up this stupid fucking mountain, she finally had a reward,  a beautiful view,  not material, not something she could keep, but something she could defiantly remember. 

She offered a shrug in response to Agrona's vocals before parting her maw and letting her soft voice echo against the grey rocks. "I needed to entertain myself. None better to do then waste all your energy climbing up a mountain. " She sighed, looking away momentarily before turning back to the girl, noticing for the first time how she was staring, but Abi simply smiled and continued,"But the View is worth it, right? " She flicked her maw to where the Heavenly Fields stretched out under them, looking smaller than ever, it's plants almost a replica of how the wave crashed against the shore of the Endless Blue. 

Cocking her left hind leg, she still stared out into the distance, her breath still coming uneasily, her body still getting used to the lack of oxygen. But despite this, she keeps her mood light, her smile soft but still prominent. Silence had greeting them for a few moments, only the sound of whisping plants and wind smashing against rock, a howl echoing through the small valleys and crevices."And you? "

@[Agrona]
I'M so sorry this tool so long.-.

ABISHIA

Image Credits

lines

Adoptable
Agrona

The dainty paint with a dished face and a thin neck looks me over just as I do her, but where a warm smile is held on her fragile face, my own is a tight line. Something about that horn is not right.. but whatever it is, I will surely figure it out. Her lithe shoulders lift in a smooth movement, and her response brings your eyes off of her color-splashed body and off toward the earth far below. My ears flick to opposite sides, the left staying on Abishia while the right turns backward to listen to our calm surroundings. "Very much so."

My skull lifts high up in the air, both ears dishing forward simultaneously. This is when I spot the glint of something running along the mare's spine, "What is that?" My words run over the very end of the fragile mare's question, my attention finding itself on the flexible glass. I take a curious step toward her, extending my snout out to sniff the clear material along the length of her body, but refusing to touch her. All I needed right now was a squealing girl getting all worked up over me touching and prodding at her toys.

The more I looked, the more I grew curious and interested. Lilac eyes constantly moving up and down her body to find how this works together, and how in the world it stayed on her body; unless it's some kind of birth defect? "Hm. Strange." I huff under a hot breath, my velvet nostrils still reached out to her bi-colored hide.

"talk talk talk"
Tagged: @[Abishia]

can't say tomorrow day

Hidden Account
Wild.

Her gaze switched back to through wilderness as silence coated them both, taking away their voices and replacing them with the gentle brushing of wind and the quiet call of birds,  their songs calling out to one another in the isolated clearing. Peace rang in the thin air, relaxing her muscles and drawing her kissers into a wider smile. The sounds of nature calmed her every doubt. All she has ever known is the wilderness... The winds soft caress took place of a mother's sweet embrace, the trees her family, her support. The soil, the earth, was everything to her. All life began there, waiting to be seeded or pollinated, the soil is what taught her her patience, the trees her love, and the wind formed her wandering soul. 

Attention switches to the mare, whom called herself Agrona,  and quietly mused at the way she drew closer, nares flaring, attention entirely focused on the Plexiglas that lines her back. Abishia curls her neck so she can look to the mare, cool brown and blue gaze meeting her intense, purple stare. "A gift," She uttered, maw lightened by a smile, a mysterious glint illuminating her pools. Thoughts switched momentarily to the moment she had found the precious thing, a gift from the Heavens she liked to claim. And deep down, she knew that it was made entirely for her, and her only. 

Swiftly, she flicked her head so her long thick locks fell in place behind her left ear, exposing the base of the artificial horn."Given to me by who knows what... But it's all connected, from glass horn to glowing purple, glass feathers. " She shifted her weight, the purple feathers strung in her tail shifting and colliding with one another, a ring echoing off the rocks."It flexes with my back and spine, but the horn and feathers aren't made of the same material. " Flicking her dainty dished dome so her forelock would cascade back into place, she smiled lightly, and turned her whole painted bodice so she could face Agrona."Enough about me, Senora Agrona. "  

Smile falling onto pale lips as she looked out at the gross once again, she didn't turn back to meet eye contact with mare when she spoke again."I reign from the Falls. " She drew in a deep breath, slowly turning her cranium back towards her, ivory lobes twitching. The sights atop the mighty stoop took her breath, the over helping feeling of power, strength,  and freedom hit her. Up here, she could do what she pleased without the watchful eyes of other, the hateful, judgemental stares of those who never understood. 

"Where do you call home?  "

@[Agrona]

ABISHIA

Image Credits

lines