the Rift

[PRIVATE] Like the dawn, I rise again (CLOSED)

Africa the Starry-Eyed Posts: 727
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven

100%

Although the starry-mare’s response was not altogether surprising, Africa couldn’t help the vague grimace as it rose to leech the weary optimism from her expression. Perhaps she had subconsciously wanted one so experienced in martial arts to step forward and take from her the weight which the army was, and would always be. The grey was no soldier (maybe she was not a leader either), bathed still in some quaint innocence that reflected through the glaze of burdened pastel eyes. She knew not how to teach those who wasting in the ranks of their defence, not how to motivate them or impress them, and worried constantly about the vulnerability of her home and her family. Andromeda’s loyalty warmed her confidence a little, dribbling some comfort back into a conscious that had turned so suddenly cold.

Africa smiled quietly, forcing the concern from her mind to focus on the revelation of her Throat-sister’s request to heal those once fought beside. Immediately she felt at ease with the concept- certainly such a role seemed to fit the other's serene nature.

"No Sun Physician has been set yet," she thought aloud, considering always that which might please her lord the most. Hindquarters stiffened suddenly as she rocked her weight to prop idly left, leaving the hoof to the right to rest. She had no doubt Ampere would agree to the former soldier rising to fill the role, and felt confident within herself that Andromeda would wear the responsibility well. "So it will be then. I'll speak with our lord of the Sun soon to advise him of this decision." Fluttering nostrils danced forward briefly to offer silently appreciation for her old colleague. "Congratulations new healer."

Soon Africa had recoiled, drawing away though not for any other reason than the keen respect she had developed for the sake of personal boundaries. On so many occasions, her affectionate ways had landed her in the midst of considerable grief and now she held back those mannerisms which had been forever a part of her generous, kindly personality. Silas at that point, spread apart his lovely raven-hued wings and was lifted from his beloved’s back by the passing breeze. He held neither favour, nor distaste for Andromeda and offered no sort of gesture to visibly signal his parting. Into the mind of the dapple grey mare, the young zephyr bid farewell, and swept away into the brightening sky to resume his patrol.

image credits
Table and Picture by Nicole <3

Messages In This Thread
RE: Like the dawn, I rise again - by Sohalia - 03-21-2014, 12:56 AM
RE: Like the dawn, I rise again - by Africa - 03-21-2014, 01:28 AM
RE: Like the dawn, I rise again - by Andromeda - 03-21-2014, 02:13 AM
RE: Like the dawn, I rise again - by Sohalia - 03-23-2014, 05:40 PM
RE: Like the dawn, I rise again - by Africa - 03-24-2014, 06:22 PM
RE: Like the dawn, I rise again - by Andromeda - 03-26-2014, 12:50 AM
RE: Like the dawn, I rise again - by Sohalia - 04-10-2014, 05:46 PM
RE: Like the dawn, I rise again - by Africa - 04-14-2014, 05:08 PM
RE: Like the dawn, I rise again - by Andromeda - 04-15-2014, 08:44 PM