the Rift

[PRIVATE] Like the dawn, I rise again (CLOSED)

Africa the Starry-Eyed Posts: 727
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven

100%

Patient eyes watched unwearyingly the reaction of the other Pegasus mare, softening with pleasure when the lavender gaze opposite expanded with surprise. Dragon’s Throat needed the loyalest of bodies in the high ranks of the herd; those who had proven their faithfulness either over the course of time, or by way of activity and diligence. Andromeda had offered both already at one point or another, and it brought great peace of mind to place her at the head of such an imperative class.

Graciously Africa also dipped her pale face nearer to the sand, not for one second accepting any gesture that should lift her any higher than those who were family or friend. Truly she was no different to the young hopeful who had roamed tirelessly through Helovia for the better of this herd- she was nothing outstanding. "No doubt." She crooned delicately into the billowy Birdsong breeze through a tender smile.

The one-winged watched steadily through softly blinking eyes as the dusky mare lowered her marbled features once more. She felt awkward standing there, like a stark prickled desert cactus striving above the brittle snowweeds of the north. As Andromeda resumed her balance thereafter, Africa was glad to offer forward her velvety nose in unison, still revelling gleefully in the mare’s unexpected return.

There was an ethereal elegance lacing the words to follow, as distantly beautiful as the first seeping light of dawn; of the rolling mists of the cliff-top kingdom to the east, and almost as lovely as old Dragon’s Blood, doused in the first buds of spring. She smiled thoughtfully and nodded- though never had the presence of her herd-sister been a burden. "Thank you." For now the thoughts clouding the Starry-Eyed’s mind would remain her own. She appreciated the gesture of support, but held not the desire to spread her melancholy unnecessarily.

"Likewise Andromeda, never hesitate to call on me." Not terribly fond of heavy moods, no matter how kindly the intent, Africa chuckled quietly and bid the other farewell. "Enjoy your day." She called back as she turned north, to set off for the Threshold once more.

image credits
Table and Picture by Nicole <3

Messages In This Thread
RE: Like the dawn, I rise again - by Sohalia - 03-21-2014, 12:56 AM
RE: Like the dawn, I rise again - by Africa - 03-21-2014, 01:28 AM
RE: Like the dawn, I rise again - by Andromeda - 03-21-2014, 02:13 AM
RE: Like the dawn, I rise again - by Sohalia - 03-23-2014, 05:40 PM
RE: Like the dawn, I rise again - by Africa - 03-24-2014, 06:22 PM
RE: Like the dawn, I rise again - by Andromeda - 03-26-2014, 12:50 AM
RE: Like the dawn, I rise again - by Sohalia - 04-10-2014, 05:46 PM
RE: Like the dawn, I rise again - by Africa - 04-14-2014, 05:08 PM
RE: Like the dawn, I rise again - by Andromeda - 04-15-2014, 08:44 PM