the Rift

[PRIVATE] Like the dawn, I rise again (CLOSED)

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
[Image: sohtable.png]

SOHALIA

If she noticed the tripping of the parrot as it was pursued by an angry caterpillar, she pretended not to notice, instead watching with interest as her Sultana grew and morphed into her normal form. Bones rearranged, grinding quietly beneath shifting sinew and warping muscles, and a sight that might once have made the angel ill now left her entranced. What wonders magic could accomplish, to build a pegasus mare, taller and stouter than she, from such a small bird! Sohalia felt momentarily guilty for calling her out of her avian form, for she imagined that the transformation was at least unpleasant, if not downright painful. Despite any lingering discomfort, Africa has placed a charming smile on her maw, and the ivory angel allowed her guilt to fade. It was done now, and Africa would have had to return to her own form eventually, anyway. She had merely asked it of her a little sooner.

Sohalia returned the smile as Africa voiced her own greeting. The angel was surprised to find that Africa and Andromeda had met before - the Sultana and the Forger had arrived in the Dragon's Throat at about the same time, all those months ago. She supposed that she had been quieter back then, and more withdrawn, less likely to go about meeting her herdmates when she didn't even know if she wanted a herd at all. Africa, though, had always been friendly, and she remembered fondly their own first meeting.

The irritable shriek from above surprised the mare and her bonded, who immediately showered her with sparks as he shrieked his own challenge at the other male. Sohalia, who could feel his petulance, tried to soothe him through the bond but the zephyr was uninterested. As far as he was concerned, the desert was his home as much as anyone else's, and despite Silas's older age, their rank as a common zephyr was the same. He settled, finally, with his angel's silent urging, but he kept one beady, golden eye settled firmly on the darker roc. A small frown had crossed the mare's face as she dealt with the young wakiya, but with Africa's words, she shook her head with a smile. "Oh, no, I must apologize for Astraeus - he is yet young, and does not understand how to properly respect his elders. Do forgive him, Silas, won't you?" Her gaze swept momentarily to the older zephyr, hoping that the two could come to some sort of agreement. Astraeus, whose curiosity seemed to have gotten the better of him, lifted his head from the small, fluffy ball that he had created on Sohalia's back, and offered a soft, inquiring chirp. It was, after all, only the second time that he had seen one of his own kind, and he had gone largely unnoticed at the herd meeting.

She noticed the curious glance of Andromeda, too, as she looked Africa over and realized what was missing. Sohalia fell into silence then, for she had heard only rumors of the Sultana's missing wing, and it was not her tale to tell anyway.

"talk talk talk"
@[name]

Live... I want to live on fire
Die... I want to burn out brighter
Brighter than the northern lights
Want to live to feel the daylight

Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Like the dawn, I rise again - by Sohalia - 03-21-2014, 12:56 AM
RE: Like the dawn, I rise again - by Africa - 03-21-2014, 01:28 AM
RE: Like the dawn, I rise again - by Andromeda - 03-21-2014, 02:13 AM
RE: Like the dawn, I rise again - by Sohalia - 03-23-2014, 05:40 PM
RE: Like the dawn, I rise again - by Africa - 03-24-2014, 06:22 PM
RE: Like the dawn, I rise again - by Andromeda - 03-26-2014, 12:50 AM
RE: Like the dawn, I rise again - by Sohalia - 04-10-2014, 05:46 PM
RE: Like the dawn, I rise again - by Africa - 04-14-2014, 05:08 PM
RE: Like the dawn, I rise again - by Andromeda - 04-15-2014, 08:44 PM
RE: Like the dawn, I rise again - by Sohalia - 05-06-2014, 04:56 PM
RE: Like the dawn, I rise again - by Africa - 05-18-2014, 12:51 AM