the Rift

[PRIVATE] Like the dawn, I rise again (CLOSED)

Africa the Starry-Eyed Posts: 727
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven

100%

Sohalia appeared to remain mostly composed, quiet in the face of the exposure of all that had happened, though the other mare stepped to touch tenderly, the scar born of mischief. The young pallid face of a Pegasus that had seen perhaps more in the short count of her years than one considered wise for the wrinkled rim of aging eyes, smiled naturally when the star strewn mare apologised. Africa wished only that perhaps the bitter tale of her loss would stand as a warning to those wild hearts and reckless minds among them- certainly she wanted not the face of pity or grief to stalk her any longer. She could not see foolishness tainting the serenity before her though, and it soothed a stir of secret concern beneath flickering lashes. The past was the past, and that trauma had been laid to rest. "You needn’t be." The soft, tuneful hum of an untroubled voice slipped towards Andromeda with care, brilliant yellow eyes meeting the remorseful smile she gestured.

The once warrior mare moved to take a more comfortable position between them. The same glamour and haunting elegance still cloaked her now, Africa thought pensively; always she had wondered how such a superb creature could function in the face of war. Andromeda seemed to share no similarities to Midas, Gaucho or any other warriors devoted to the protection of this home, but maybe it was that she had chosen a field so unfitting to pursue that caused that powerful level of appeal throughout the imaginations of her peers.

The words to follow drew forth dancing delight to splash the soft white expression, and the Sultana’s dry rough lips peeled away from teeth marbled by time. "Welcome home then, Andromeda. Dragon’s Throat is in a new age, there are many changes to note." The dapple grey’s eyes glazed for a moment as she thought back to the last season shared here, between them (though seldom had they truly spoken). "Was it Kri in power when you were called away from us? And Sumati?" Africa could not be certain... "Anyway, many have been placed in power since those days. Possibly a stranger to you, Ampere, and myself lead the Throat now. And I receive you gladly."

Her snowy sister spoke then, dismissing herself from the conversation. The young grey smiled in return, ears wandering forward to meet the sound of her own name upon the mild breath of dawn. "Thanks Sohalia." Africa answered quickly, grateful that the pale mare’s patrol (should that have been the reason for her being here at all) had located Andromeda. Politely she offered the young zephyr a smile of his own- on behalf of Silas and herself, for the Roc spared nothing but a wary glance as the pair turned to depart.

Her quiet pastel gaze followed them until the rising haze of desert heat swallowed them into the horizon- it was not a long time, minutes at most. Afterwards, the Sultana turned her focus squarely back to the polished mare who remained. "Were you hoping to rejoin the ranks of the army?" Inwardly she cringed. Those defenders of the sun kissed land were few and far between these days and Africa was sensitive to their home’s vulnerability and dismal strength.

(Ooc: At this point Ampere was still Sultana ;)

image credits
Table and Picture by Nicole <3

Messages In This Thread
RE: Like the dawn, I rise again - by Sohalia - 03-21-2014, 12:56 AM
RE: Like the dawn, I rise again - by Africa - 03-21-2014, 01:28 AM
RE: Like the dawn, I rise again - by Andromeda - 03-21-2014, 02:13 AM
RE: Like the dawn, I rise again - by Sohalia - 03-23-2014, 05:40 PM
RE: Like the dawn, I rise again - by Africa - 03-24-2014, 06:22 PM
RE: Like the dawn, I rise again - by Andromeda - 03-26-2014, 12:50 AM
RE: Like the dawn, I rise again - by Sohalia - 04-10-2014, 05:46 PM
RE: Like the dawn, I rise again - by Africa - 04-14-2014, 05:08 PM
RE: Like the dawn, I rise again - by Andromeda - 04-15-2014, 08:44 PM