the Rift

Let there be Light

Riel Posts: 15
Absent Abyss atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 2.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.2hh :: 5 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
LovellaTorendo

If the slight fever of warmth that rises when we hold hands lights a light
Look, It will shine until it reaches even the corners of the dimmed world, so brightly.

A sound - no, more like a crash - drew the attention of the gilded doe like a moth to flame or a cat towards an impending loss of a life. Chiseled ears pricked as she paused in her step, rapt attention focused on the forest ahead. Whatever it was that had made that sound, it was big. Big usually meant dangerous where she came from, so perhaps she couldn't be blamed for the wariness with which she regarded the stranger that appeared, with a mouth full of warnings and mane tangled in branches and snow. The girl ruffled her feathers reservedly, immediately wincing as pain shot through the joint of the injured wing; but still, somehow she found herself able to stretch the mouth into a feeble smile as she faced the woman ahead.

"Sorry..." she said and lowered the head ever so slightly, like a child scolded after disturbing the elders in their discussions. "I'm not usually.. I mean, I'm... I..." The jaw of the girl kept chewing the air as thoughts tumbled through the mind, chaotic enough to keep whatever explanations or apologies from leaving the tongue. A flick of a long curling tail accompanied a moment of silence - then she sighed, took in a deep breath and tried again.

"Hi, Ampere. My name is Riel. I'm looking for my herd. We were separated... There was that huuuuge snowstorm last night, right? We were caught by surprise, and I kind of got lost..." Her smile would have seemed sheepish if it weren't for the troubled look she wore, a frown that darkened the expression of the brilliantly colored face.

"Have you seen them? There were about thirty of us all in all, though I don't know if everyone is still together."

Perhaps it wasn't very wise to entrust the search to this person. No matter how the young mare twisted and turned the situation this Ampere woman was strange, from the way she looked to how she just appeared out of nowhere like that. Granted Riel had been rather loud, but how often did you see strangers come to help other strangers out of sheer goodwill? Not very often at all, in her opinion.

Still, what choice did she have. This was the first living person she had come across since that horrible night, and frankly the sparrow was glad that she wasn't completely on her own anymore. She'd had quite enough of dark, cold, snowy forests with creaking trees and nothing but her own wings to warm herself - even though she had four of them it didn't amount to much against the forces of these northern winters. Sighing faintly she shook the head with a ring of silver bells as silken tresses and braided tassels jumbled through the air, and displaying a rather naive level of trust she inched closer to the black-skinned woman in search of some small amount of warmth and companionship.

Even if it was just for a moment, it would be much needed and highly welcomed.

Sadness sinks, and look, the night comes to an end.
Let's go searching for you
And your warmth, in a world yet unseen.
Image Credits

Helovia Hard Mode
(pixel by Chan | pixel base by BronzeHalo)
Actions: No killing | Tagging: Yes
Riel was designed, characterized and originally played by Chan

Messages In This Thread
Let there be Light - by Riel - 03-21-2014, 04:58 PM
RE: Let there be Light - by Ampere - 03-21-2014, 07:09 PM
RE: Let there be Light - by Riel - 03-21-2014, 07:45 PM
RE: Let there be Light - by Ampere - 03-24-2014, 12:42 PM
RE: Let there be Light - by Riel - 03-25-2014, 09:18 AM
RE: Let there be Light - by Ampere - 04-01-2014, 10:26 PM
RE: Let there be Light - by Riel - 04-12-2014, 06:31 PM
RE: Let there be Light - by Ampere - 04-13-2014, 12:22 PM