the Rift

[PRIVATE] Here's lookin' at you

Satanic Silk Posts: 153
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.0
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 5 (Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE

In the brightness of the noon day, I blink my eyes slowly, trying to keep the rays from penetrating my blood red eyes too deeply. Don't stare at the sun, you'll go blind. In one of the contradictions of nature, though the sun is bright and shining, there is snow falling to the ground, stubbornly insisting on perpetuating the cold winter. The clouds fight the sun, but there is no way to break the tie between the two natural forces. The snowflakes that land on my lashes, each individual and special in their own way, and more detailed than I could ever see with my naked eye, are ticklish, even more than any summer's fly.

And each tickling snowflake is beautiful.

I would not readily say that I am born of the snow and ice, but as with every season, I can appreciate the virtues. Summer brings brilliant sun, warmth, life, harvest. Autumn brings relief from the heat and a transition into the cool. Then the cold winter as the world rests and stores up strength. Spring, the rebirth of the land and all creatures within. The sun, the flowers, the grass. The winter? Rest. The silence in the cold, the stillness except for the flakes that land one upon the other, some melting, some staying. I know my presence, my warm body and hot, steamy breath, disrupts the cold stillness. But that's part of what makes the world more interesting.

In this frosty noon I stand, as frozen as the ground beneath me. The only movement is my soft breath, the expansion and collapse of my ribs, my lungs. My ears, my eyes still. My hide does not twitch, my tail does not twitch. Nothing moves but my faint breath. Will anyone even notice me here in these heavenly fields? Maybe, maybe not. Is anyone even out wandering these fields, are they still like me, or are they hiding away, trying to stay warm?

Walking "Talking"
Re-Tag: @[Archibald]
Satanic Silk
[Image: silkicon2_by_lainey_lou-d73bsek.png]
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Silk excluding dismemberment and death.

Messages In This Thread
Here's lookin' at you - by Satanic Silk - 03-21-2014, 10:01 PM
RE: Here's lookin' at you - by Archibald - 04-09-2014, 09:04 PM
RE: Here's lookin' at you - by Satanic Silk - 04-14-2014, 02:29 PM