the Rift

[OPEN] !! Float

Reizend Posts: 47
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.1 hh :: 7 (ages in Orangemoon)
rooster
Reizend
How is it that I always manage to fuck up my interaction with Seele?

I came to this land following her, hoping to forge some kind of relationship with my half-sister - not that she even knows our kinship exists - and yet it seems that every time I get the chance to prove myself to her, to gain her trust and affection, I fail. Some other time, I will look back on these moments and I will wonder why I define my self-worth from Seele's opinions of me - but for now, I am simply under her spell.

The one who finds me is named Ghost - a member of the Asylum, though I haven't spoken with her before. Our family has grown since my arrival, and I haven't had the time to meet them all (a fact that I very much regret). Her vocals are a light sea green as she explains what awaits me back home, and I leave her without a word, rude though it may be. My hooves pound a dull brown against the dirt beneath me. They never break, though I hear that most glass is quite fragile - very much unlike my personality. Perhaps that is why my hooves stay so strong - I am too stubborn to permit otherwise.

In any case, my quickened gait brings me fairly quickly to the small gathering around our leader, and my heart sinks a little further as I realize how very late I am. Seele is on the ground, looking much the worse for wear and surrounded by those who (I assume) wished to help her. "Out of my way, out. Of. My. Way," I snap, wishing nothing more than for them all to disappear. I know that if I grovel at her feet, teeming with apologies, Seele will never respect me - she will merely sneer and lord herself over me as a weakling intent to cater to her whims. I will not. Not when I could be her right hoof, one day.

"Back up, all of you. She needs air, and I need room to work." I step closer, looking her over in silence, trying to see everything that needed my healing. It wouldn't do for me to mend the surface without solving the underlying problems. "I do hope your opponent looks worse, darling," I tell her finally. Without giving her a chance to retort, I begin to sing.

I love my magic, not only because it allows me to heal, but also because it is the only time that I can see my own voice. Where everyone else produces brilliant hues that cloud my mental vision and stand starkly against the back of my eyelids, my lyrics do not produce a shred of colour. But now I watch as a deep, dark orange-red flows from my lips, settling into Seele's wounds and beginning to knit them from the inside out. It is a long process. I dare not move too quickly, as I must burn out infection and insure that the flesh pulls itself together properly, but should I take too long, she could still bleed to death, even as I work to save her.

Finally, I let the last trill of the song fade into oblivion, and I take a step back, giving her some room to recover. Weariness pervades my senses. A full healing takes a lot out of me, particularly when there is so much at stake. "I burned out the dirt and infection," I tell her after a moment, my voice hoarse. "However, you should not overdo for the next day or two - even a healer can only do so much in times like these. You need rest, so that the magic takes." I try to meet her eyes, to impress upon her the urgency of this request, though I am a bundle of nerves that she will punish me, or simply think me incompetent, for taking so long to show up.

"Talk talk talk."
Reizend
Image by Kaydeniro

Messages In This Thread
!! Float - by Seele - 03-23-2014, 02:00 AM
RE: !! Float - by Agrona - 03-23-2014, 11:19 AM
RE: !! Float - by Ghost - 03-25-2014, 08:11 AM
RE: !! Float - by Wilibald - 03-25-2014, 06:20 PM
RE: !! Float - by Kiara - 03-25-2014, 10:00 PM
RE: !! Float - by Seele - 03-27-2014, 07:23 PM
RE: !! Float - by Agrona - 03-30-2014, 03:11 PM
RE: !! Float - by Ghost - 03-31-2014, 04:52 PM