the Rift

[OPEN] welcome home, soldier || Oras, Seele, Midas
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Morning had been spent patrolling the borders, exploring hidden nooks and praying to Earth. I’d woken early out of habit, determined to greet the sun with an earnest heart. Most of my new family slept on when wings took me high above them, a steady flame soaring alongside; my constant companion and the sounds of our wings thrashing together—a beautiful duet. Sometime when the sun had already breeched the middle of heaven a voice summoned my attention, honeyed eyes dropped toward the canopy and emerald grasses below.

It didn’t take long to pinpoint her location. Darkened pelt outlined by lines that cued the mind in remembrance of lightening. Her young, yet measurable colt stood alongside—and a stranger as well. Of course, the majority of this family was still very much strange to me. “Hail!” I bellowed out to them, a welcoming beam already pulling apart the corners of my face in a trademark grin. Limbs slipped out, accepting my fall smoothly when they bent under the pressure of giving in to gravity once more. Feathers backpedaled, the muscles in each wing straining to land flawlessly with scarce few flaps. Weighted flesh settled into the ground, gold sprang from each heavy intention as I looked toward taller company.

Fina alighted across my pelt, seemingly disinterested in my trio and more interested in personal grooming as she started preening her flaming spine and tail. “Welcome home Delinne,” chin tucked and I tapped below the throat a single time, touching the gem that lay embedded in the silver collar around my shoulders. A sign of respect, my brow shifted toward the young lad—gaze softening ever so slightly before the professional pressing of duty turned gaze toward our visitor, “Yar,” I uttered with a widening smile that was anything but fake, “Welcome to ye as well.”
Image Credits
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
RE: welcome home, soldier || Oras, Seele, Midas - by Oras - 03-26-2014, 12:25 PM
RE: welcome home, soldier || Oras, Seele, Midas - by Midas - 03-26-2014, 04:58 PM