the Rift

Get Smashed.Gatecrash.

Arlo Posts: 60
Hidden Account atk: 3.5 | def: 8 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16hh :: 6 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Stephy
Arlo

Standing there. Cranium held low. Exhausted. Broken. Tormented. How much longer could I keep fighting this? Each time left a little bit more of me behind. I was a puzzle with several missing pieces. A novel with the final chapter missing. A priceless vase with a chip in it. Compare me to what you like, but at the end of the day, it didn’t change the fact I was no longer whole. I was so terribly and irretrievably flawed. Some part of my soul was twisted beyond repair.

Could anything or anyone ever really dare to put me back together again? Was it even possible? Perhaps I should have just asked for death there and then. It would have been the simplest answer for everyone. Something within me however, told me to keep on fighting. Much like the instinct that pulled me home, it was strong, primal almost. It overrode my being, taking over, forcing me to choose life.

Peace and quiet. That was what I needed right now, to salve not only my wounds but my mind. The endless blue was what I needed. The sounds of the waves crashing to shore would be the balm to ease the pain, and the salt water would aid my joints. But, for right now, here would have to do, my lack energy preventing me from getting the help I needed. My eyelids drooping, my consciousness becoming a glorious haze as I slowly started to doze off.

My pools flew open, still hideously blurred, as my ears detected something crashing through the undergrowth towards me. Something within my subconscious stirred, as if to remind me of something. The noise was familiar, but I couldn’t quite place it. I primed myself as far as I could, as prepared as I could be to flee. But in all honesty, I knew I didn’t stand a chance. I was the most vulnerable I had ever been. At least I wouldn’t see what was coming at me, death would be an unexpected release. As the noise grew closer, a recognizable scent filled my nostrils, pungent and musky, though I still couldn’t place who or what it belonged to. My heart started to race. Perhaps death wouldn’t be such a release after all.

A harsh voice entered my ears, again one I was desperate to place, but without being able to see properly it was proving rather difficult. Whoever it was in front of me was a sizeable threat, as they had blocked out the light beaming through the trees in front of me. I could only hope they took pity on the sorry state I was in. My brain wouldn’t work as fast as I wanted it to, he spoke as if he knew me, and yet he wasn’t one I remembered. I snorted, impatient at myself, as the pieces started to slot slowly into place. I could remember a fight, I had torn him asunder. He hated me for sure, and yet what was his name?

I listened as his rough tones rang through the air again. His odd way of speaking finally jolted into place. Oxy. Of course.

“Hold on there. Slow down a little. Rose Red? I’m afraid you’ll have to explain. I’m not quite following..” I rumbled gruffly. This was starting to hurt my head. Him talking in code was not helping my brain make sense of it all. As far as I knew Oxy hated me, and now he was talking as if we were comrades. Perhaps I had forgotten more than I had thought..

Messages In This Thread
Get Smashed.Gatecrash. - by Arlo - 03-24-2014, 02:16 PM
RE: Get Smashed.Gatecrash. - by Oxy - 03-24-2014, 03:15 PM
RE: Get Smashed.Gatecrash. - by Arlo - 03-24-2014, 04:23 PM
RE: Get Smashed.Gatecrash. - by Oxy - 03-25-2014, 11:29 AM
RE: Get Smashed.Gatecrash. - by Arlo - 03-26-2014, 05:16 PM
RE: Get Smashed.Gatecrash. - by Oxy - 03-26-2014, 06:04 PM
RE: Get Smashed.Gatecrash. - by Arlo - 04-01-2014, 03:21 PM