the Rift

[DROP] Quest Drop #12 Dark | Wind

Hotaru the Valkyrie Posts: 295
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 6 Years 3 Months HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alice :: Royal Hellhound :: Acid Brit
As strong as the seas are stormy.</style>

Like a plague she has lingered in the shadows of the forest, breathing in the darkness all around her, sickly pleased by the fear struck into those who seemed to see no beauty in the deep forest. This was her birthland, her homeland, and forever the place she would return to. She had failed to achieve what she had set out to do, and though the muck had been burned from her horn by the child of fire, she had angrily dispersed after the task was left unfinished. But magic had not left the forest for long. It prickled along her spine, made her shudder and croon, helpless to the effect it had on her mortal body as it called to her like a siren's song. And not just magic. A God's presence. But Hotaru had the brains of her family, and with the darkness surrounding her, the hour of the night in which this electricity crawled down her skin, she knew exactly who it was.

Barely hesitating a second she turned and flew across the ground at speeds she would not otherwise dare to approach. Her Goddess had arrived, and she would sooner break her neck trying to race to see her than not appear in time. The wind dances through the boughs, an eerie but beautiful song that only her Lady can control. She slows, not daring to fix her wild mane, for she will not be fake in the presence of the one she so reveres. The one she had worshiped since she knew what worship was. The one she had trespassed into World's Edge territory for as a mere foal, all in hopes of catching a glimpse of her. Now, she finally had that chance.

And by the Gods above, she is more beautiful than Hotaru could have ever imagined. Quickly she shifts the silver crescent moon to rest upon her forehead, chain snug around her horn. It glows in the moonlight her Goddess grants, an obvious symbol of Hotaru's love and dedication for the celestial woman of Night. Transferred from where it now lies is the golden amber stone she had successfully stolen, now woven into the strands of her forelock. She dips her head as low as she dares to her Queen, breath leaving her in total reverence. "I have waited all my life to meet you, my Lady. It is an honor to be in your presence, Mistress of Night." It's amazing her voice doesn't shake, but the passion alone is rather impressive for one so young. Does the Goddess know all Hotaru had done to attempt to be closer to her?

But then the child speaks up, and Hotaru's face turns to a sneer of contempt. "Unworthy of such a gift, and to ask for it so boldly! Before the Queen of moonlight and shadow, of wind and darkness, and you ask her so plainly for a piece of herself?" Hotaru is sharp like jagged onyx, voice a sibilant hiss of shock. Even if the Moon Goddess deigns to grant her wish, Hotaru will never think asking for it so boldly would be the right way to go about it. Huffing softly she inclines her head proudly towards the other girl, eye flashing in the color of moonlight she'd always been so proud to wear. "A gift, perhaps. But not a demand. You are brave, if perhaps stupid. Lets hope your intentions are good." She shakes her head to recenter the crescent moon amulet upon her forehead, the metal warm with her body heat, and retreats to give her Lady space. But not without casting a warning glance towards Aurelia. If the desire to obtain her Lady's feather was for malicious intent, she would disembowel her where she stood. A flush of shame spread up her cheeks at the thought that perhaps her Lady was kindly, for she'd never actually met her. Had she displeased her?

"My apologies, my Queen," she murmured softly, head bowed submissively to the Lady of shadow. "It is not in my belief that mere mortals should carry a part of you 'round. My tongue is held." Even if it pained her to say it, because Hotaru's tongue was never held. She spoke what she wanted, whether it be honesty or blatant lie, and never regretted it. But she would do anything for the Goddess before her. She'd never loved and worshiped someone or something so strongly in her entire life. That would never change, no matter how the Goddess deigned to respond to her.

-----

Wishlist :: [Magic: Dark x Wind | Can create storms up to the size of a Category 4 hurricane that hold invisible blades that create lattice cuts of varying depth on the victim's body, usually found every few inches. The storms require concentration to keep it from growing out of her control, and if a companion were to attack her while she is controlling it, the storm will take hold like a naturally created one and remain alive for approximately 1-5 minutes. If the storm grows out of control it will harm her as well with the hidden shrapnel, considering it will expand as it starts to die]

Denied: One

The rest were Companion drops. Can't wait for this thread <3 whee!

Image Credits
[Image: 515265280ffff]

::Strong like the sea is stormy::

Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Messages In This Thread
Quest Drop #12 Dark | Wind - by God of the Moon - 03-24-2014, 05:43 PM
RE: Quest Drop #12 Dark | Wind - by Sheba - 03-24-2014, 08:59 PM
RE: Quest Drop #12 Dark | Wind - by Aurelia - 03-24-2014, 09:14 PM
RE: Quest Drop #12 Dark | Wind - by Hotaru - 03-25-2014, 12:46 AM
RE: Quest Drop #12 Dark | Wind - by Morir - 03-25-2014, 08:44 AM
RE: Quest Drop #12 Dark | Wind - by Illynx - 03-25-2014, 11:01 AM
RE: Quest Drop #12 Dark | Wind - by Andromeda - 03-25-2014, 09:57 PM
RE: Quest Drop #12 Dark | Wind - by Elsa - 03-26-2014, 07:09 PM
RE: Quest Drop #12 Dark | Wind - by Tyradon - 03-26-2014, 07:21 PM
RE: Quest Drop #12 Dark | Wind - by Torleik - 03-27-2014, 03:12 PM