the Rift

[OPEN] newly found angels

Nayati Posts: 116
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 14.3hh :: four years
Rathunax :: Common Red Dragon :: Shock Breath cailyn

I know your wavering heart, intimately</style>

Relief is evident on the pretty mare's face, and Nayati feels a little less shy to see it there. At least it meant she was of some use, even if all she could offer was a steady presence and a little experience. So she smiled and reminded herself that in this situation, she was the one who had to lead and be the rock, and it sent a fluttering inside her heart to know she would be the one to save the day. This was why she loved hatchings. The nervous anticipation, the hopelessness and the love that followed as the bond was forged. It was so beautiful to witness, and having felt it for herself, she loved it even more. "Of course! I know how it feels, to not know how to help them," her voice was soft and understanding, smile similar, and it seemed Alysanne was comfortable with telling Nayati her fears. The dame was so nervous, it was almost endearing, if Nayati had the right to use that word for how their age difference influenced their meeting. "It's normal to feel nervous, but I promise it'll go okay." A brilliant smile was aimed her way, her thoughts like tendrils reaching out to bring Rathunax back to her side. He landed upon her poll and together, they watched the egg wobble and crack over agonizingly long stretches of time.

Alysanne looked both terrified and excited, and her breathing wasn't exactly normal. Nayati moved a little closer, sharing her body heat, not sure if the pegasus would allow a comforting touch. And finally, a beak poked through the egg. Something small, mouse perhaps? Rathunax gave a soft 'ryuu' of understanding and lifted off gracefully from her head, turning and quickly flying up the beach to comb the ground with his eyes. Meanwhile Nayati laughed softly alongside Alysanne's delighted words. "I told you he would be. Now, how about a name?" She urged, a smile twisting her lips as she excitedly danced in place. Ooh, the naming! Watched delightedly as Alysanne moved to breath softly upon him, scenting him.

"I already sent Rathunax up the beach to find something for him. For now, let him rest, keep him warm. I can have Rathunax look for some moss and such, he can warm it with his body heat and carry both in his claws. Your companion is still too weak to climb onto you for safety," she noted, already pinging thoughts back and forth with Rathunax. Looking around, watching the skies, she contemplated using her hair to help warm him. "I could use my hair, I certainly have enough of it, but I don't want him used to my scent instead of yours even if the bond will only be between the two of you. It's all up to you to decide." Shifting her hooves on the still-foreign sand, she heard the trill of her dragon and turned to see him, a crimson spot in the distance.

His flight was slower with all he held, but he was anything if not persistent, and he fluttered down to the sand awkwardly. "Thank you, Rathunax," Nayati said softly, taking the mouse in her teeth and moving it over to Alysanne, setting it back down in the sand. Rathunax quickly tore into it with his claws, making tiny chunks for the little owlette to consume. Then he stepped back to his bundle of grasses and moss, watching Alysanne with a look of impatience that made Nayati laugh softly. "You should be the first to feed him. He should be able to eat the tiny bits Rathunax made. Perhaps you can use your flight feathers to make the nest, so it may spread your scent around him?" She was nearly dying of excitement, smile so wide it nearly hurt, but features soft and wise. This was possibly the best feeling on earth.

@[Alysanne]

the rose shadows said that they loved the sun, but they also loved the dark, 
where their roots grew through the lightless mystery of the earth. the roses said: you do not have to choose. 

Messages In This Thread
newly found angels - by Alysanne - 03-24-2014, 11:18 PM
RE: newly found angels - by Nayati - 03-28-2014, 08:45 PM
RE: newly found angels - by Alysanne - 03-29-2014, 03:53 PM
RE: newly found angels - by Nayati - 04-01-2014, 07:43 PM
RE: newly found angels - by Alysanne - 04-04-2014, 10:56 AM
RE: newly found angels - by Nayati - 04-10-2014, 01:55 AM
RE: newly found angels - by Alysanne - 04-15-2014, 06:11 PM
RE: newly found angels - by Nayati - 04-23-2014, 06:22 PM
RE: newly found angels - by Alysanne - 05-04-2014, 08:12 PM