the Rift

[OPEN] newly found angels

Nayati Posts: 116
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 14.3hh :: four years
Rathunax :: Common Red Dragon :: Shock Breath cailyn

I know your wavering heart, intimately</style>

The naming comes, soft and certain, but for hesitation to follow moments later. Nayati laughs and shakes her head, quieting Alysanne's worries. "It's a beautiful name. Strong, sturdy trees that survive even the harshest of winters. It is a fitting title." Young Hemlock would surely grow to fit such a name, Nayati was sure of it. And even if he did not, Nayati didn't doubt that Alysanne would love him unconditionally regardless. It was the beauty of a bonded pair, after all. You simply could not help but to love them, they were the perfect part of you that you were missing. Rathunax purred happily at that thought, and Nayati laughed softly to herself. As many times as she told him he was her perfect half, he'd never tire of hearing it.

Nayati's cheeks went florid at the care in her voice. Her strands did not mean so much to her as they might have another, she had so much after all. "I assure you, I would love to help. If it pleases you, maybe I can lay down, and wrap my tail around him instead? I would not need to remove any hairs, then," she offered shyly, smiling from beneath the shadow of her forelock. She was still just a nervous child, but Alysanne was so sweet, and it made her heart ache with wanting. Perhaps this could be the start of a friendship? Nayati had none, after all, and she was so desperate for them in the first place.

Rathunax puffed his chest up, momentarily distracting Nayati as he proudly purred his dragonsong in response to the gratitude Alysanne had expressed. Laughing, she flicked an ear and swatted him gently. "Oh hush, you vain little thing," she chided half-heartedly. It was endearing. Everything he did was, of course, but she could not help but feel that she'd never tire of finding everything he did perfect. He fluttered down back to the sand to grab his ball of moss and grass, placing it awkwardly with his claws while Alysanne drew forth her feathers to add to the mixture. He took great care not to touch or harm the newborn, Nayati watching his process and mentally suggesting where to put the next fold of nest material. So caught in the mental exchange with her dragon, she nearly missed Alysanne's words.

"I was lucky, a mare named Evangeline and her dragon Tallis hunted for Rathunax when he first hatched. But after that first meeting, I never saw her again. I had to learn to hunt for him on my own, and quickly at that. He ate quite a lot, I was overwhelmed at first." Though she feared to make Alysanne nervous with how much Rathunax had eaten at first, she also would not lie if it endangered Hemlock. "But if you can store up food, that's good. I've known of owls that freeze and thaw their food, like squirrels. I'm not sure what kind he is, but if you find prey I'd recommend taking what you can get at all times of the day. What herd are you from? I can probably come and help you hunt every once in a while, and Rathunax would love to help too!" Excitement and desperate desire to help colored her tone vibrantly. Maybe it wouldn't be friendship, if that was all Alysanne wanted, but at least Nayati would be allowed to be around her.

@[Alysanne]

the rose shadows said that they loved the sun, but they also loved the dark, 
where their roots grew through the lightless mystery of the earth. the roses said: you do not have to choose. 

Messages In This Thread
newly found angels - by Alysanne - 03-24-2014, 11:18 PM
RE: newly found angels - by Nayati - 03-28-2014, 08:45 PM
RE: newly found angels - by Alysanne - 03-29-2014, 03:53 PM
RE: newly found angels - by Nayati - 04-01-2014, 07:43 PM
RE: newly found angels - by Alysanne - 04-04-2014, 10:56 AM
RE: newly found angels - by Nayati - 04-10-2014, 01:55 AM
RE: newly found angels - by Alysanne - 04-15-2014, 06:11 PM
RE: newly found angels - by Nayati - 04-23-2014, 06:22 PM
RE: newly found angels - by Alysanne - 05-04-2014, 08:12 PM