[OPEN] all the stars are coming out tonight, lighting up the sky tonight

Mermaid Posts: 47
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2hh :: 9 Years Buff: NOVICE
Tzarra

MERMAID
AND WE DANCED LIKE A WAVE ON THE OCEAN, ROMANCED
WE WERE LIARS IN LOVE AND WE DANCED

I hid cowering in the darkness while the others streamed past into the light. I was alone and lonely again but I could not quite bring myself to leave. The few friends I made in my broken solitude drifted by and were gone. I did not call out, did not summon them to me. Even if I had they likely would not have heard so frantic was the rush to open air. It seemed right, it seemed good but what if they were all wrong? What if the world above was not made safe as they believed? What if I had to retreat back underground again without Lena near by to sooth and lure me? It galls me to admit but I do not think that even now, having done it once, I could bring myself to do it again.

I cringed in fear in the darkness long after I was the only beast alive in the caves… or at least the only one I was aware of. No one came back for me, no one missed me, and who would have? I had made no ties to create worry, only loosely formed friendships and acquaintances to whom I mean nothing. So I breathed the stale cave air, I slept what little I could in the dreary chill, I ate the mossy food and I drank the silty water and I did all of these things alone until I thought it would drive me mad.

Even I have a breaking point...

None of those who left have returned, it feels as if weeks and weeks must have past and still I am alone. If they have not returned by now than the outside world is safe or they are all dead. If it is safe my fears are unfounded and if every other living equine or equine-like being in this strange realm is dead I suppose I might as well join them.

Still, I linger at the cave mouth looking for any sign at all that things have gone one way or the other. Finding none I at last dredge up the courage to step beyond the rocky roof…

Out into the night that is as black as the caves themselves were…

I do not know which I missed more the sun or the moon but to find neither now as I walk on natural earth again at last is almost devastating. At least the air is crisp and clean, and the snow is real. I have never in my life been happy to see snow but I am happy now.

Where do I go from here? I do not even know where I am. My exhaustion and terror during Lena’s guardianship prevented me from truly registering any of the land she guided me over.

Oh well, I have been in such situations before. This can not be that different. I will simply learn the place step by step.

Off I wander and as I do the stars begin to shine, one by one...

SWEPT AWAY FOR A MOMENT BY CHANCE
HTML BY SARAHROO | IMAGE FROM WEHEARTIT

OOC: Never mind, I am going to call this ENDED since it is no longer Frostfall and I was mostly using it to get her clear of the caves. Please don't post, thanks everyone.
[Image: 52ebd2e176c2b]
[Image: 525f791c057b6]HP: 60/60
"she came from the sea..."
Global permission granted to do anything at any time with/to Mermaid so long as it is survivable!
Tagging preferences: tag away! | Contact Preferences: PM please!
(Am I being sluggish?  Check my status HERE)
HELOVIA HARD MODE