the Rift

[OPEN] Anything can Happen

Scarter Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
She had hidden from Helovia during the darkness that attacked the lands. For she did not know what to do or how to avoid the things that infected others. Flipping her hair over her shoulder, Scarter looked around the new land that she stumbled across now that the darkness had left the land. With a loud and aspirated breath, the dark mare approached the strange structure. Scarter had come from natural lands, never before had she seen such a bizarre thing. Brushing up against one of the colours that held the structure up caused shivers to run down her spine. No. She did not like this in the slightest. However she needed help...someone to point her in the direction of The Endless Blue. This quest had taken her so bloody long, it was time to stop messing around and finish it up so she could receive the ability to teleport wherever she wanted. Just the idea of the power was fascinating to her, one minute your in a certain lad or situation you don't like...the next you're just...gone. Smirking Scarter looked around for another being, anyone who could help her out. Quite frankly the dark raven couldn't think of anyone who wouldn't want to help her. Her looks and body sure made up for her bitchy personality.

"Hello?" She called, her voice was lost in the light snow fall that tumbled around her. With another sigh Scarter continued on her way, looking for signs of the beach. Seriously! How hard was it to find one large motherless beach?!

"Talk here."
261 words
S C A R T E R
It’s like we fight to remind us that we bleed,
I take flight in the night from lack of sleep.

Abishia Posts: 225
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 16 HH :: 5 years ~ Birdsong Buff: NOVICE
Wild.
The lean girl made her way through the regions of land, passing them by without interest, knowing them Well for she had visited them often. But before her, a new trail lays. Coming to a clumsy halt, she tilts her head, confused. Never before has she seen this area, or noticed it. A light snowfall dares to encroach on her fantastic sight, blurring the air into a white mist. A small snort rumbles from her, a frustrated hoof darts out to paw at the snow laden soil. A few steps are taken before she notices a large, odd thing. Timidly, she shrinks away from it, not sure to either approach it or flee. Curiously, she scamper around it, taking in the foreign, but beautiful sight. Walking forward, she outstretches her muzzle, the soft ivory peach fuzz meeting the cool, unearthly surface. She snorts again, shaking her head from side to side, not pleased at all by the towering thing that has planted itself on these beautiful lands. The painted child turns away from the structure, noticing something else that wasn't as apparent to her when she was in her adventurous tizzy. 

A grey bodice is sighted on the far side of the structure. Abishia's harks fly forward, her dual colored orbs narrowed and searching for any distinct features that would give away her knowledge of the being, and it's name. But before she can utter any words, the being speaks a sly hello, which Abishia quickly answers with a warm whinny.  With careful steps, she makes her way over to what she has now identified as a mare. When she comes about two horselengths from her, she bends her knee slightly, and bows her head. Slowly, she returns to her comfortable position, cocking her left hind leg and letting her lobes move into a relaxed and comfortable posture. A light smile dances across the child's lips, and she begins to speak. " Hello Miss. Nice to meet you. "  

@[Scarter]

lines
please tag me in any and all posts

Scarter Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
The arrival of another caused Scarter to turn and watch the approach of a younger mare. A sigh traveled past her lips. She had never gotten on well with those of the same gender, apparently letting them know that you were the superior being was 'rude'. Still this girl appeared harmless and could possibly give her the directions that she needed so badly. Fighting to remain polite would be a struggle, but the sooner she got this damn quest over with the better. The younger mare approached and Scarter waited for her to speak first. A pleasure to meet her?! Scarter stifled a laugh. "You haven't meet me though...you've only looked upon me." With a flip of her mane the dark raven continued. "So you don't actually know if it is a pleasure to meet me." Scarter could almost guarantee that the little bird wouldn't come out of this meeting smiling. The effect she had on youngsters was quite peculiar. Still, this youngster could be an angel in disguise. Fitting a fake smile onto her lips and forcing a light chuckle to come bubbling up, the mistress of midnight cleared her throat. "Anyway."

Glancing around the structure agin, Scarter paused with good reason. Delicately she leant against the pole the rose up next to her before turning back to the young mare that had appeared before her. "I need to get to The Endless blue." With a sigh to keep her obnoxious behaviour under control, the dark mare continued. "If you could point me in the right direction...well that would be quite useful." With that Scarter fell silent and waited, if the young mare could offer her help, Scarter would take it and get out of here to press on, to finally try and get the end of this quest in sight. When Helovia succumbed to darkness her quest had been halted for a good couple of months, she was paying dearly for that lost amount of time. But no doubt she could get to the beach by herself, even if this youngster that had appeared proved to be of no use. It was huge, how hard would it be to miss the sandy shores? It was certainly large enough that she wouldn't be able to just trot past it. The silence still festered in the air as the black dove tried to be patient and wait for the young filly to finally fulfil her request for directions.

"Talk here."
410 words
S C A R T E R
It’s like we fight to remind us that we bleed,
I take flight in the night from lack of sleep.

@[Abishia]

Abishia Posts: 225
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 16 HH :: 5 years ~ Birdsong Buff: NOVICE
Wild.

After she spoke, the child's eyes lingered over the bodice of the darker one, stopping when her orbs skipped over the beautiful bone that grew from the mare's dome. Immediately, she regretted her words. A sharp remark would float into the tense air, she was sure of it. But now, with more experience and maturity, she knew she could take on any racist being, including unicorns. Trying to push the fondness that lingered deep inside her, and the glowing envy, she stifled a small sigh, shuffling her front hooves. "You haven't meet me though...you've only looked upon me." My, this one really knows the power she holds behind her majestic horn, huh? The child lets a small smirk float across her kissers as she listens to the dark girl's next words, noting her confident words and body language. The mare tipped her head, a dark laugh escaping her maw. "You musn't judge a book by it's cover, horned queen. One does not know what hides behind the explicit veil of envy and want." She grunted, taking a moment to scour her surroundings once again. "Even if you weren't a pleasure," She looked the mare up and down, a fierce light apparent in her gaze, "Who said one couldn't fake it?" She let her smirk curl her lips into a twisted smile before she let it fade.

Horned ones...
The did all but get smaller. A fire was yet again a blaze in the child's heart, determination and willing urging her forward. As the mare lent against one of the odd poles, the mosaic girl leaned forward, taking a tiny step. "I need to get to The Endless blue." Remembrance flashed before her green and brown orbs, images of the buckskin flame child and feelings of their young fling where still fresh in her heart and mind. The thought of helping this horned mare brought satisfaction and contempt into her stare. "My, I know the Endless Blue like the back of my hand. It lays along the west side of Helovia. We are actually quite close to it now. " She smiled lightly before letting it fade. Her gaze hardened momentarily before returning to it's usual gleeful light. "Anything else I could help you with?"

"Abi Talk!"

@[Scarter]

Credits

lines
please tag me in any and all posts