the Rift

[OPEN] Wake me up into this nightmare.
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme
Ophelia the Forsaken

Ophelia watched as her father came over, almost as if nothing had ever happened. How long had it been since she had seen her sire? She eyed him suspiciously, looking over his worn, dark body as he spoke. Sick with what? How? Why? The Forsaken watched him intently, looking back at his healer for only a moment. The look was grateful, but it was also very confused. How could she stand there and pretend that she had been close to her father all of these years? Of course she still cared about him in her own way, but this was just...strange. Some part of her wondered if she had stepped into an alternate reality the God of Time had created only to screw around with her for Roskuld.

"I have not spoken to you in years. What is going on?" she asked her father, staring at him in confusion. Much to her surprise, her father had addressed the massive war stallion by name, indicating that he knew him in Isilme. Mother? Had her father had a different mate? Or did Soleil have other children? Ophelia had been too young or not born when Tyradon had made his brief appearance, and she now gave the stallion a once over, seeing some similarities between him and her mother.

Tyradon's words confirmed what she thought. Apparently her mother had other children. Somehow that news did not affect her at all. In fact, she found it most curious. Ophelia looked over Tyradon with a very open and strange curiosity - like Alice examining which "drink me" vial to consume. Very carefully, she took a single step forward, her cloven hooves sinking in the grass. What could she say that would not be painfully obvious? Tyradon, you are my half-brother? What was he like? Obviously he seemed cordial enough toward Paladin - did they have a good relationship?

"The shades were brutal," she finally said, her chime-like voice hanging like find mist. "I am glad you survived. You are family." Ophelia meant those words. Ktulu had instilled in her this sense of family and of belonging. Ordinarily, such emotion would not affect her, but after shouldering her sister's weight as a child, the nature effect of evolution had taken its toll. Ophelia watched carefully before taking note that her dragon had found a friend.

During the discussion, Tinek had noticed the green female by her chirping. Unlike the green, he had been taught how to be dragon by a bear and a little, amusing black dragon. He had not developed natural dragon habits of ego, and he did not assume his kingly throne of metallic royalty. So, when she flew over, Tinek took a leap from Ophelia's back and up into a tree where he could examine her away from the pale princess he guarded.

Naturally, the male dragon was entranced. He had never seen green scales before, and they were pretty - she was pretty. "I like." He mumbled in Ophelia's head, blinking his crimson eyes as he leaned forward from the branch, sniffing at her form. He heard Ophelia hum back in his head in a coy way, so he flew from the branch toward the green, chirping in his own way and trying to arch his back to show off his dangerously shape spines.

"Tinek likes your green," she murmured softly, watching them play with a gentle, happy smile on her face. "What is her name?"

Credits: Image by Del-Rae @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
Wake me up into this nightmare. - by Paladin - 03-27-2014, 11:57 PM
RE: Wake me up into this nightmare. - by Tyradon - 03-28-2014, 09:53 AM
RE: Wake me up into this nightmare. - by Tandavi - 03-29-2014, 03:01 AM
RE: Wake me up into this nightmare. - by Paladin - 03-29-2014, 10:45 AM
RE: Wake me up into this nightmare. - by Tandavi - 03-31-2014, 11:40 AM
RE: Wake me up into this nightmare. - by Ophelia - 04-14-2014, 01:25 AM
RE: Wake me up into this nightmare. - by Paladin - 04-14-2014, 01:38 AM
RE: Wake me up into this nightmare. - by Tyradon - 04-14-2014, 05:12 PM
RE: Wake me up into this nightmare. - by Ophelia - 05-03-2014, 12:35 PM