the Rift

[OPEN] Do Giraffes Float? [Open]

Aurelia Posts: 307
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 7 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
baylee
Aurelia</style>
I watch the small serpent in front of me squirm around everything. It's lizard-like body easily twisting to avoid shards of damaged glass from a wall that seems to have been destroyed. Every once in a while, I find myself panicking, thinking I've lost the little snake, but it turns out it's just camouflaged in the ground. I notice that the air is cooler, but there is not much snow. It seems as if the dense woods have created a sort of umbrella, protecting the World's Edge horses from the cold snow.

When this snake and I started walking, the little girl (at least I think it's a girl?) didn't need many breaks, but as we walked further and further, more and more breaks were needed. This little girl is tired, so I decide to carry her in a different way. I nicker softly at the baby to get her attention. She stops slithering and turns to look at me with small and helpless eyes. I melt inside, but I don't know if I can keep her. Should I keep her? Isn't it wrong to keep a wild animal as a pet?

Slowly, I bend my neck, dropping my head to the ground. The little snake is confused at first, but then understands what to do. She slithers towards my muzzle, which rests firmly on the ground, and starts to lift her front half off of the ground. She is able to haul her face next to my eye, which I swiftly close, afraid she might bump into it and scratch my cornea. I move my pink lips around in the ground, making a hole, so my head is even lower. The small snake is able to reach my ear, where she effectively curls around it. Ever so slowly, I lift my head off of the ground. Her body shifts slightly, and she tightens her grip around my ear and curls her tail around my other ear.

I have a snake crown now, but I wonder... Do I look funny?

I start walking, carefully, and evenly. I make sure I don't trip, so this little snake doesn't fall from her perch in between my white ears. A minute or two pass and I am more comfortable with the feeling and I know she is secure. I allow my pace to quicken into a trot, which is a daring and cocky actoin, but I think the little snake can hang on.

“His name is Hemlock - isn’t he adorable?” The voice of Aly speaks out into the air and I am filled with excitement that makes my body lurch into a smooth canter. I let out a high-pitched squeal, barely containing my excitement. The last time I saw Aly, she was in a dark cave. Today, she must be here, in our home... in the light.

”Good to see you about. I hope I am not interrupting?” His voice is masculine, and as he talks, my cranium rotates towards the sound. I see that they have gathered in a group of three here. Two faces, I recognize, but this last face is foreign to me. A smile erupts onto my face as I slow to a halt. "G'day Queen Kahlua." I dip my head respectfully. "Alysanne, you look so good!" I nodded my head to further my point. Seeing you in a dark cave was pleasant, but in the light.. more so." Perhaps a compliment. I feel guilty for being short and not the friendliest with her when I first met her. She was nice and sweet, but I was a grouchy foal. "Hello, sir. I'm Aurelia, a Philosopher." I state my name and rank, hoping he'll do the same. Is he a visiting outcast or something very powerful... like a warrior? Perhaps he's become a nurse or crafter? The possibilities aren't exactly endless, but there are a lot. Now, I look at this stallion. He is handsome, but I've just had a rather intimate night a few days ago. I'm fearful that I am pregnant, but not totally sure. This isn't exactly.. the best of times to be heavy with a foal, either.

The worst part is... I'm not even sure who the father is.

The options are Voodoo (who curses and looks like he's been out drinking blood) or Rostislav (who's been drinking Vodka). I'm no great mare... I'm a barely grown mare, lost and confused in the shuffle known as Helovia. Note thinks everyone like me just leaves, but I'm going to prove him wrong... I'm going to stay. Pregnant or not, I can organize this shuffle.

I know I can.

Walk walk walk walk walk
talk talk talk talk
ooc:; :D Sarah and I decided to crash this thread instead of making a whole new one! Hope you don't mind, sev! <'3
oh, tell me, what's the matter?</style>

image credits

Success isn't the result of spontaneous combustion.

Messages In This Thread
Do Giraffes Float? [Open] - by Kahlua - 03-29-2014, 06:30 PM
RE: Do Giraffes Float? [Open] - by Alysanne - 03-30-2014, 10:43 PM
RE: Do Giraffes Float? [Open] - by Ruske - 03-30-2014, 11:17 PM
RE: Do Giraffes Float? [Open] - by Aurelia - 03-31-2014, 12:14 AM
RE: Do Giraffes Float? [Open] - by Kahlua - 04-05-2014, 10:06 PM
RE: Do Giraffes Float? [Open] - by Alysanne - 04-06-2014, 09:33 PM
RE: Do Giraffes Float? [Open] - by Ruske - 04-07-2014, 12:26 AM
RE: Do Giraffes Float? [Open] - by Aurelia - 04-07-2014, 07:34 PM
RE: Do Giraffes Float? [Open] - by Kahlua - 04-23-2014, 03:50 PM
RE: Do Giraffes Float? [Open] - by Alysanne - 05-07-2014, 07:06 PM
RE: Do Giraffes Float? [Open] - by Ruske - 05-07-2014, 10:47 PM