the Rift

[OPEN] Do Giraffes Float? [Open]

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin

k a h l u a

As the pleasantries flew through the air, one greeting another, names shared, smiles exchanged, glances and nods given, Kahlua hummed along quietly. This chaos- this close, lovely chaos- was what she lived for. Each day as Queen, each moment she spent leading her herd through Helovia's recovery, brought her joy. The same way she had felt as Glazier, Kahlua was fulfilled. To find more happiness when she had already been happy was the best feeling in the world. Now she only needed to share it with the world.

“Good work, thank you,” the paint offered to Aurelia at her mention of a stallion, Draesong. Kahlua made a note to meet him, if she could. But ah, this was why life was easy. Even those things that troubled her- walls and darkness- could be chased from her life with the simple chatter of friends. “Brisa,” she added absent-mindedly afterwords. The white mare- there was no other in the woods like her.

Smiling at the snake with curiosity, thinking of the snake that had ridden in the king of the Throat's antlers when she had met him some time ago, the Sunshower let Aurelia have her time as the center of attention. It was only fair.

But when the time came to turn their attentions to walls, Kahlua was glad that she had picked such a good council. Aly had such a way of looking at things that Kahlua knew she would always be able to count on her when it mattered. She was kind enough to be supportive but thoughtful enough to say what was right. I think we've all had enough of walls. Kahlua nodded. She thought so too. Still, the complement that had preceeded was not unwelcome, and perhaps that was what made this hardest of all. To say goodbye to the wall was to let go of one of the few parts of her crafting past. And yet, she had other memories- a basket, Resplendence's bracelet and box, Aly's headband. Yes, the memories were there all around her. She did not need the wall to guide her.

Before responding to Aly, Kahlua turned to the others, who both seemed eager to speak their opinions as well. The simple queen struggled with Ruske's more formal speech, trying to make sense of his words, but appreciating his opinion. Being around those with different opinions was easy. Being around those with different opinions who wanted to be rude or fight... that was a little more difficult. No, in this moment, she was glad Eva had found him and brought him here. And finally Aurelia, the growing child, whose opinion burst forth along with willingness to offer options and ideas. Kahlua smiled. She loved her family.

“Oh,” she said then with an exaggerated exhale of air, a relieved sigh, ears perked, face happy. Animated did not even begin to describe her. “Thank goodness! I've been thinking the same thing myself!” Flicking her tail around her hocks contentedly, she chattered on. “I made it, with the help of the herd, of course, when Mirage was queen.” she offered to Ruske. Humility wasn't a quality she could claim for herself, but at least she had the good sense to mention that there had been help. The dragon queen had cleared the trees, Dragomir and another pulling aside the brush, and too many other to count doing what needed to be done when they had time.

“But the Glazier title now lies with Aaron and Dragomir.” Taking one backwards glance at the wall, Kahlua shook her head and let what final love she had for the thing drift off into the darkness. Her feelings were fleeting, but at least they had been well guided. “Thank you all, I think we'll have to discuss how to get rid of it at the next herd meeting.” And with a decided nod of her head, she began to laugh brilliantly. “Nevermind walls, though, there are happier things to speak of.” She decided to let the other three guide the conversation, take it where they would. To simply be in their company was enough.

@[Alysanne]- My sincerest and most heart felt apologies for the wait. Life has been so crazy.

A falling star fell from your heart and landed in my eyes

Image Credits ::  Table by Time

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Messages In This Thread
Do Giraffes Float? [Open] - by Kahlua - 03-29-2014, 06:30 PM
RE: Do Giraffes Float? [Open] - by Alysanne - 03-30-2014, 10:43 PM
RE: Do Giraffes Float? [Open] - by Ruske - 03-30-2014, 11:17 PM
RE: Do Giraffes Float? [Open] - by Aurelia - 03-31-2014, 12:14 AM
RE: Do Giraffes Float? [Open] - by Kahlua - 04-05-2014, 10:06 PM
RE: Do Giraffes Float? [Open] - by Alysanne - 04-06-2014, 09:33 PM
RE: Do Giraffes Float? [Open] - by Ruske - 04-07-2014, 12:26 AM
RE: Do Giraffes Float? [Open] - by Aurelia - 04-07-2014, 07:34 PM
RE: Do Giraffes Float? [Open] - by Kahlua - 04-23-2014, 03:50 PM
RE: Do Giraffes Float? [Open] - by Alysanne - 05-07-2014, 07:06 PM