the Rift

[OPEN] here at the not-exactly-hidden falls [finished]
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
He apologized, mending however faint the wound between pride and flesh. Fina relaxed, narrowing gaze into a softer hue that spoke of the first stepping stones in forgiveness. It didn’t take much to cause her grievance and the suture of such cuts took months of curing and countless gifts. I would know this as a fact. After a moment she took off toward the trees, off to find another heartbeat worth silencing.

“A prideful creature,” I murmured with the utmost affection and truth. My well-meant smile remains tactfully ample, “There is much to learn, but for now,” his strained face gave me worry that this world was going to be a rough adjustment, “Take time to relax and familiarize yourself with the landscape. We will have ample hours to palaver later.”

My feathers leave the protection of their resting place and stretch further apart, climbing above the point of halfmast. They retreated only to allow me space between company and sky—the breeze fills secondary feathers and the final rays of sunlight kiss upon golden points of each primary. I sigh inwardly, relishing the gentle caress. “Long days and pleasant nights to ye, Wilibald, son of Hamfast.”

It hadn’t ever crossed my mind that the dwarf stallion would be startled by flight—and as thus there was no hesitation when wings thump steadily once and thrice over. I climb into the sky in an almost upright arch, stretching with forehooves savagely biting for air. The weight of this body is compact enough to allow a nearly motionless hovering take off—a feat only possible by years of training and practice.
Image Credits
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
RE: here at the not-exactly-hidden falls - by Midas - 05-26-2014, 10:12 PM